U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-27-2015, 03:10 PM
 
11,759 posts, read 5,213,572 times
Reputation: 7964

Advertisements

Everybody is cool with discrimination . . . until they are the ones being excluded or targeted.

Maybe one day, you pull into a gas station at 3 a.m. because your car is almost empty on gas. The brown skinned, kinda foreign looking fella behind the counter says, "You look suspicious, you white Christian person you. You probably drink alcohol and eat bacon. You are not welcome here. Go elsewhere, there are hundreds of gas stations in this state!!" Of course, the closest gas station is 10 miles away and your car would never make it. You also need to poop real bad. The burritos you ate are making funny sounds in your tummy. You cry, you beg and plead. Oh oh. Free market worked. Mommy, bring me some change of clothes and baby wipes.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-27-2015, 03:30 PM
 
Location: SW MO
23,605 posts, read 30,350,561 times
Reputation: 28970
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Sometimes laws have to be created to keep white supremacy in check. The free market doesn't self-regulate in this type of scenario. We've been through this rodeo and we all understand what the outcome will be...
Well then, I guess it's only fair to say that due to the propensity for gang-banging and riots we need to create laws that enact special curfews for inner-city, radical, angry blacks, right?

Sheesh! Can you not see how ridiculous both posits are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2015, 03:56 PM
 
Location: LA, CA/ In This Time and Place
5,425 posts, read 3,283,761 times
Reputation: 5033
I say meh. Who cares about this woman and her business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2015, 03:57 PM
 
Location: Portland, OR
424 posts, read 267,320 times
Reputation: 679
Wow, she is the kind of person ruining this country..... That should definitely be illegal to do if it isn't already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2015, 04:08 PM
 
672 posts, read 602,179 times
Reputation: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
See that's part of the problem too. Those who don't like what she's doing WANT government to force her to her knees. I don't care if she does or doesn't lose business. I don't care if a black man denies service to whites. I don't care that a Muslim McDonald's refuses to put bacon on my burger.

I only care that we are all FREE to make personal decisions, including which business we frequent and how we run a business. That's freedom! That's the American Way.
Doesn't denying someone your service take away their freedom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2015, 04:27 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
13,193 posts, read 7,413,513 times
Reputation: 27283
I find it interesting that it's A-OK for this woman to discriminate against Muslims, but if she were to turn Jewish people away, or blacks or Hispanics, that would be a different story altogether. Why is that? Because Muslims have been violent toward Christians? That lame argument doesn't hold water at all. Violence has occurred between all kinds of people for millenia. And if you don't believe that, remember that this wonderful Christian lady owns a FIRING RANGE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2015, 05:12 PM
 
Location: Los Awesome, CA
8,520 posts, read 4,744,301 times
Reputation: 3303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Well then, I guess it's only fair to say that due to the propensity for gang-banging and riots we need to create laws that enact special curfews for inner-city, radical, angry blacks, right?

Sheesh! Can you not see how ridiculous both posits are?
Sorry, try again. It doesn't work that way... If you are a critical thinker you would know why, without having to ask...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2015, 06:08 PM
 
10,026 posts, read 8,863,169 times
Reputation: 5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Everybody is cool with discrimination . . . until they are the ones being excluded or targeted.

Maybe one day, you pull into a gas station at 3 a.m. because your car is almost empty on gas. The brown skinned, kinda foreign looking fella behind the counter says, "You look suspicious, you white Christian person you. You probably drink alcohol and eat bacon. You are not welcome here. Go elsewhere, there are hundreds of gas stations in this state!!" Of course, the closest gas station is 10 miles away and your car would never make it. You also need to poop real bad. The burritos you ate are making funny sounds in your tummy. You cry, you beg and plead. Oh oh. Free market worked. Mommy, bring me some change of clothes and baby wipes.

Mick
Our country wasnt based on the Koran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2015, 06:09 PM
 
10,026 posts, read 8,863,169 times
Reputation: 5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I find it interesting that it's A-OK for this woman to discriminate against Muslims, but if she were to turn Jewish people away, or blacks or Hispanics, that would be a different story altogether. Why is that? Because Muslims have been violent toward Christians? That lame argument doesn't hold water at all. Violence has occurred between all kinds of people for millenia. And if you don't believe that, remember that this wonderful Christian lady owns a FIRING RANGE
How many Christians were involved in 9/11? That's what I thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2015, 06:10 PM
 
1,188 posts, read 1,051,939 times
Reputation: 2082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Our country wasnt based on the Koran.
'Nuff said. It was based on the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top