U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 06:17 PM

121 posts, read 75,594 times

Advertisements

This poses an interesting moral question, what percent of a certain group need to be violent in order for discrimination to be justified? For example, if the Aryan Brotherhood, MS13 or the Bloods wanted to go to a gun range and practice would it be okay if the owners turned them down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 07:31 PM

1,372 posts, read 761,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
WTH?! "Allahu Akbar simply means "God is the greatest."? Really?!
To those of us who haven't been indoctrinated by the far-left it also means "somebody's about to lose their head".
It's actually pronounced "Aloha Snackbar!" it means "I am hungry!"

Old 04-27-2015, 07:33 PM

687 posts, read 652,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
You know, we've all been brainwashed by this homophobic bakery stuff. I don't know of any bakeries, that refused to bake gay wedding cakes, that have gone out of business. This range owner probably won't go out of business, either.

People make the mistake of thinking that, unless you are PC, no one will patronize your business. They discount the fact that public backlash at being forced to be "PC", will actually bring more business to your door.

Watch while it happens before your eyes. The market speaks!
Anyone remember Chick-Fil-A?

I don't even know what started it (maybe 4 or 5 years ago), but what I do know is that they have no shortage of customers at any hour of the day.

Their parking lot is always full with most of the tables occupied by sitting customers in addition and their drive-thrus are like congo-lines wrapped 270į around the building most of the time.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:06 PM

23,902 posts, read 31,123,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I find it interesting that it's A-OK for this woman to discriminate against Muslims, but if she were to turn Jewish people away, or blacks or Hispanics, that would be a different story altogether. Why is that? Because Muslims have been violent toward Christians? That lame argument doesn't hold water at all. Violence has occurred between all kinds of people for millenia. And if you don't believe that, remember that this wonderful Christian lady owns a FIRING RANGE
What is the problem with that?

Old 04-27-2015, 09:10 PM

1,328 posts, read 700,709 times
Am I the only one who is truly fed up with all the self righteous jerks who act so self entitled in the USA? WTF, all this PC/the world owes me/etc. crap makes me sick!

Old 04-27-2015, 09:46 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,311,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightly Knight View Post
Good for her and it's about time, being PC is out of control and it refreshing to see a young lady make a stand on her business operations and her concerns. It's her right to be fearful and protective of her business and that of her customers public safety...

For the reasons she listed.
You are correct that it is her right to run her business as she pleases in accordance with the law. Even though most of her reasons for banning "dangerous" Muslims are ignorant, poorly researched and hypocritical. One of the biggest problems I see with her genius plan is how does she determine who is Muslim? From her moronic article I assume she will ban all dark brown skinned men who look like this:

http://www.jdwalkerministries.com/im.../18/000511.jpg

Funny thing is most men that look like that are Hindu and not Muslim. Muslims can literally look White, Spanish, Black, Asian, Indian etc. So honestly unless someone voluntarily tells her they are Muslim, she won't know one from another. Chances are she will end up kicking out a non-Muslim based on her ignorance. That individual will be part of a protected class and she will end up with a discrimination lawsuit on her hands.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:30 PM

2,572 posts, read 3,377,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
How many Christians were involved in 9/11? That's what I thought.
There are more christian on christian murders per year in the US than there were folks who were killed on 9/11.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:33 PM

781 posts, read 565,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
There are more christian on christian murders per year in the US than there were folks who were killed on 9/11.
But theses alleged murders aren't motivated by their religion like the islamo-nutjobs.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:35 PM

48,519 posts, read 80,998,062 times
Who cares; just go to another range; she can do as she likes. I let the law settle crimes and support them doing it as I always have; backed by a grand jury and trial jury of citizens to judge in end.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:30 AM

20,203 posts, read 28,238,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailSymbolizes View Post
But theses alleged murders aren't motivated by their religion like the islamo-nutjobs.
That's a sweeping non-factual indictment of one religion. They have extremists, just like in the Christian faith...

The Christian Terrorist Movement No One Wants To Talk About | ThinkProgress

The lack of education in this country is more frightening than any violent extremists in my opinion, as it's proven over and over again that ignorance and hatred is at root of all conflict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events