Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 02:02 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,497,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What would stop gang members from forming a pact to kill the police?

The Military.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 02:29 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,858,119 times
While knowing gang members, this would not surprise me. They are not well known for intelligence. If true, this certainly gives the police a solid reason to be on the alert, and will probably result in more innocent or semi-innocent black men being killed for no reason. Very counter-intuitive.

However, the only real information regarding this is coming straight from the Baltimore PD. Considering the abuses that have been exposed in many big city police forces, it would not surprise me if this was a simply fabricated story that gives the police force the good-will they need to be loosey-goosey with their firearms.

I don't know who to believe. Obviously it's not beyond gang members to puff their chest with these threats (and maybe carry out one or two crimes) but the second a white officer is shot by gang members, you can fully expect hellfire to reign down on anyone that looks or associates with a gang member. Cops are a ******* vindictive bunch, and (not unlike gang members) they protect their own to fault.

Reading their Facebook feed, it seems like an awful situation:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Balti...761955?fref=nf

Old 04-27-2015, 02:29 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Every time we have decriminalized something to stop gangs, they have moved on to a new product, and there will always be a new black market product out there to move on to.
Legalization or decriminalization might solve certain problems, but gangs are solved by alternate opportunities and better life expectations. Decriminalization and legalization might actually be counter-productive to this, because legal drug use can still be very damaging to future career prospects for someone with minimal work experience.
What had they moved onto in between initial alcohol prohibition and drug prohibition?

Do you think they'd eventually move to oil?

Old 04-27-2015, 02:39 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Looks like the Intifada this afternoon in Baltimore.
Should get interesting when the sun goes down.
I don't know how they can tolerate a brick throwing mob.
Time to break out that fancy riot gear and equipment.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:56 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Baltimore is already a lost city like Detroit, and STL. Put a fence around it. Cut off the taxpayer support. The gangs won't last long.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:56 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It worked to take down gang members in Anchorage,Alaska, and in other cities in the USA. And if a gang member shoots at a police officer said police officer can shoot back, and kill.
However, C-R-I-P - Translation: Cowards Run In Packs. Rarely do street thugs act alone. Often the police have to. Put three different sets of gang bangers together and it just might be time for open season; i.e. multi-agency, sustained operations.

Don't lose sight of the fact that if a gang member "shoots at a police officer," he or she might actually hit and kill them. Then all hell will break loose and I don't really think the gangs will care for that one bit, nor will the public at large.

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 04-27-2015 at 03:14 PM..

Old 04-27-2015, 03:01 PM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
To the people claiming the gangs aren't smart....you are wrong. Occasionally gang members do something stupid but the guys running the show didn't get there and stay there by being nice or stupid.

My guess is that this is hot air and posturing.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:02 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
It was just reported that several street gangs have entered into a pact to band together to assassinate police officers in the city of Baltimore. The Bloods,Crips and Black Gorilla family street gangs sat down and formed this sick coalition according to credible information/threats.
I guess the revolution WILL be televised.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:03 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post

The Military.

Guess it is happening after all. The Dem plan to enact martial law.....

Old 04-27-2015, 03:09 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,101,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
While knowing gang members, this would not surprise me. They are not well known for intelligence. If true, this certainly gives the police a solid reason to be on the alert, and will probably result in more innocent or semi-innocent black men being killed for no reason. Very counter-intuitive.

However, the only real information regarding this is coming straight from the Baltimore PD. Considering the abuses that have been exposed in many big city police forces, it would not surprise me if this was a simply fabricated story that gives the police force the good-will they need to be loosey-goosey with their firearms.

I don't know who to believe. Obviously it's not beyond gang members to puff their chest with these threats (and maybe carry out one or two crimes) but the second a white officer is shot by gang members, you can fully expect hellfire to reign down on anyone that looks or associates with a gang member. Cops are a ******* vindictive bunch, and (not unlike gang members) they protect their own to fault.

Reading their Facebook feed, it seems like an awful situation:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Balti...761955?fref=nf

Looks like you are one of the few here that understands the real world
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events