U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-27-2015, 02:02 PM
 
Location: On The Road Full Time RVing
2,342 posts, read 2,914,603 times
Reputation: 2224

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What would stop gang members from forming a pact to kill the police?
.

The Military.

.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-27-2015, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Pasadena, CA
10,087 posts, read 13,133,993 times
Reputation: 3985
While knowing gang members, this would not surprise me. They are not well known for intelligence. If true, this certainly gives the police a solid reason to be on the alert, and will probably result in more innocent or semi-innocent black men being killed for no reason. Very counter-intuitive.

However, the only real information regarding this is coming straight from the Baltimore PD. Considering the abuses that have been exposed in many big city police forces, it would not surprise me if this was a simply fabricated story that gives the police force the good-will they need to be loosey-goosey with their firearms.

I don't know who to believe. Obviously it's not beyond gang members to puff their chest with these threats (and maybe carry out one or two crimes) but the second a white officer is shot by gang members, you can fully expect hellfire to reign down on anyone that looks or associates with a gang member. Cops are a ******* vindictive bunch, and (not unlike gang members) they protect their own to fault.

Reading their Facebook feed, it seems like an awful situation:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Balti...761955?fref=nf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2015, 02:29 PM
 
Location: USA
13,266 posts, read 10,409,248 times
Reputation: 4228
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Every time we have decriminalized something to stop gangs, they have moved on to a new product, and there will always be a new black market product out there to move on to.
Legalization or decriminalization might solve certain problems, but gangs are solved by alternate opportunities and better life expectations. Decriminalization and legalization might actually be counter-productive to this, because legal drug use can still be very damaging to future career prospects for someone with minimal work experience.
What had they moved onto in between initial alcohol prohibition and drug prohibition?




Do you think they'd eventually move to oil?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2015, 02:39 PM
 
Location: Louisiana
7,506 posts, read 4,259,818 times
Reputation: 6054
Looks like the Intifada this afternoon in Baltimore.
Should get interesting when the sun goes down.
I don't know how they can tolerate a brick throwing mob.
Time to break out that fancy riot gear and equipment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2015, 02:56 PM
 
45,551 posts, read 18,055,737 times
Reputation: 19047
Baltimore is already a lost city like Detroit, and STL. Put a fence around it. Cut off the taxpayer support. The gangs won't last long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2015, 02:56 PM
 
Location: SW MO
23,605 posts, read 31,529,524 times
Reputation: 29083
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It worked to take down gang members in Anchorage,Alaska, and in other cities in the USA. And if a gang member shoots at a police officer said police officer can shoot back, and kill.
However, C-R-I-P - Translation: Cowards Run In Packs. Rarely do street thugs act alone. Often the police have to. Put three different sets of gang bangers together and it just might be time for open season; i.e. multi-agency, sustained operations.

Don't lose sight of the fact that if a gang member "shoots at a police officer," he or she might actually hit and kill them. Then all hell will break loose and I don't really think the gangs will care for that one bit, nor will the public at large.

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 04-27-2015 at 03:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2015, 03:01 PM
 
52,094 posts, read 41,892,714 times
Reputation: 32487
To the people claiming the gangs aren't smart....you are wrong. Occasionally gang members do something stupid but the guys running the show didn't get there and stay there by being nice or stupid.

My guess is that this is hot air and posturing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2015, 03:02 PM
 
7,328 posts, read 4,023,861 times
Reputation: 9081
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
It was just reported that several street gangs have entered into a pact to band together to assassinate police officers in the city of Baltimore. The Bloods,Crips and Black Gorilla family street gangs sat down and formed this sick coalition according to credible information/threats.
I guess the revolution WILL be televised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2015, 03:03 PM
 
15,740 posts, read 9,273,361 times
Reputation: 14228
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
.

The Military.

.
Guess it is happening after all. The Dem plan to enact martial law.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2015, 03:09 PM
 
909 posts, read 670,245 times
Reputation: 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
While knowing gang members, this would not surprise me. They are not well known for intelligence. If true, this certainly gives the police a solid reason to be on the alert, and will probably result in more innocent or semi-innocent black men being killed for no reason. Very counter-intuitive.

However, the only real information regarding this is coming straight from the Baltimore PD. Considering the abuses that have been exposed in many big city police forces, it would not surprise me if this was a simply fabricated story that gives the police force the good-will they need to be loosey-goosey with their firearms.

I don't know who to believe. Obviously it's not beyond gang members to puff their chest with these threats (and maybe carry out one or two crimes) but the second a white officer is shot by gang members, you can fully expect hellfire to reign down on anyone that looks or associates with a gang member. Cops are a ******* vindictive bunch, and (not unlike gang members) they protect their own to fault.

Reading their Facebook feed, it seems like an awful situation:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Balti...761955?fref=nf

Looks like you are one of the few here that understands the real world
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:00 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top