Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 11:55 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
who in the world is not considering that?

from the Baltimore sun:

before long it's going to impossible to find anyone crazy enough to take a job as a police officer in cities like Baltimore where you have the idiotic mayor 'giving space' to 'those who wish to destroy.'
hey Stephanie, make some space for them at your house
If that is the case, oust the mayor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 11:55 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,880,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If you cannot refute anything I've said, making ad hominem arguments only serves to make a person look foolish. Under U.S. law, shooting and killing anyone just because they "don't look right" is murder. If you aren't being physically confronted with force, it's murder. Period.
I'm fine with that.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTaxedInNY View Post
I'm fine with that.
What are you fine with?

Old 04-27-2015, 12:03 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,525,805 times
Quote:
I'm fine with that.
You're fine with murder and the erosion of due process? That's how you end a civilization.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:04 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,893 times
My oh my. I need to start delivering some Darwin Awards.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
You're fine with murder and the erosion of due process? That's how you end a civilization.
That is what I'm suspecting. One person to consider when it came to doing away with due process, is Hitler. Looked what that caused.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:09 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,816,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I would expect gang members to do this. Gang members already hate the police. What would stop gang members from forming a pact to kill the police?
This. They're gang members. I'm pretty sure they never cared about a cop's life to begin with.

My friend was shot and killed by a gang member, just for standing next to someone with the wrong color t-shirt. I'm not kidding - all in all, two people were murdered, one was shot but survived, and the fourth was able to run away fast enough. And all because one guy in the group was wearing the wrong color t-shirt (and they didn't look remotely like gang members - no tattoos, no bandanas, and they were standing in a family park in a city not known for gang violence). So I'm not exactly sure why a gang member wouldn't hesitate to kill a cop.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:09 PM

698 posts, read 587,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
It was just reported that several street gangs have entered into a pact to band together to assassinate police officers in the city of Baltimore. The Bloods,Crips and Black Gorilla family street gangs sat down and formed this sick coalition according to credible information/threats.

Has it really come down to this? Are we as a society really going to condone these street thugs going this far?
It would seem to me that yes, we will. We've let these gangs sell drugs,murder,rape and terrorize most cities in our nation and what does the citizenry do? Not a whole bunch. We want "others" (the police) to handle it and then SCREAM bloody murder when mistakes happen or some bad apples screw up.
Maybe, just maybe it's time for the residents of these gang infested cities to take advantage of their second amendment rights and stand up for the good people that live there?
Is there another answer? At this point I don't know...

What say ye?

Police spokesman Capt. Eric Kowalczyk would not say whether the threat is related to the death of Gray. Kowalczyk said the threat announcement has been circulated to law enforcement agencies nationwide.
Freddie Gray death: Street gangs band together to kill police in Baltimore? | AL.com
Since the cops seem to have entered into a pact to kill people that aren't cops on a regular basis, what did you expect? They are lucky that their families aren't being targeted. If every cop had to worry all day about their spouses and children getting killed by angry citizens, maybe they wouldn't act like barbarians.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:10 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,893 times
Quote:
Simplest solution would be to simply shoot any young black male who appears as though they belong to a gang. Colors, tats, their attire, etc. If they don't look like a contributing member of society, exterminate them without question, and let their homies be the ones to tell his momma.

Problem solved.
By that "logic" we should shoot any young White male wearing a polo shirt, hoodie, and Khakis to prevent another mass-shooting.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:11 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
I question this source with the history of Police/community relations in this country.

For example, back in the 90's when the Bloods and Crips formed a truce in LA, it was the LAPD running COINTEL that ultimately ended the truce and got the groups to fighting.

Could it be possible that these gangs are forming a truce as a form of unity with all that's going on? That's something that's been encouraged to keep the murder rates down.

I'm gonna look into the matter more later. This one intrigues me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events