Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 01:34 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Why do people have so much spare time and money to do drugs like heroin? That's an occupation in itself.
People use/abuse drugs like coke, meth and opiates (all of them) because we - society - no longer need do physical activities unless we want to exercise. We pay others to do our "menial" labor. Lots of my neighbors have a lawn service cut their lawns for them. Only those of some means did so decades ago. I never knew anyone who had a live-in maid here in the USA. If one lives in Asia they are not uncommon.

Remove the need for man to be physically capable to labor for wages and we get society as it is now.
They don't work, that's how they have so much spare time.

They steal, prostitute themselves, borrow money from family and friends until the family and friends get tired of it, they move on to the next person to leech off of....they aren't out there working.

It's not because we "no longer need to do things", it's because people try some of these drugs, to see what it feels like, and some of these drugs, it only takes one time to want more, and next thing you know, you're an addict.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 01:39 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
How far are you willing to take it? Legalize marijuana and they just start selling something else. Do you think we should just legalize everything - heroine, meth, cocaine, crack? I'm not willing for that to happen. Legalization gives legitimacy and acceptance to drugs. It becomes a right-of-passage for young people.
You didn't reply to me but that's what I am saying when I say I agreed with the poster. Legalize all of it. We have laws on the books already if someone affects another person's life in a negative and/or violent manner. Let people destroy themselves if they want.

The one argument that pot heads liked to use was prohibition, and how it didn't work. It's about the only argument I agree with them about - it didn't work. People who really wanted to drink, were still going to drink. Making drugs illegal did not stop people from using drugs. Making alcohol legal does not mean that someone who does not have any interest in drinking alcohol go out and buy alcohol. Legalizing drugs does not mean that someone who does not want to be strung out and stupid will suddenly go out and buy drugs, either.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:12 PM

93,164 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Baltimore Gang Members Bravely Stand Guard To Protect White Reporter During Riots

More here: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...++neighborhood

Who knows what to believe anymore......

Old 04-29-2015, 02:43 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You didn't reply to me but that's what I am saying when I say I agreed with the poster. Legalize all of it. We have laws on the books already if someone affects another person's life in a negative and/or violent manner. Let people destroy themselves if they want.

The one argument that pot heads liked to use was prohibition, and how it didn't work. It's about the only argument I agree with them about - it didn't work. People who really wanted to drink, were still going to drink. Making drugs illegal did not stop people from using drugs. Making alcohol legal does not mean that someone who does not have any interest in drinking alcohol go out and buy alcohol. Legalizing drugs does not mean that someone who does not want to be strung out and stupid will suddenly go out and buy drugs, either.

That is exactly how this "pot head" sees it. The bolded especially! I've alluded to this somewhat in another thread, but a lot of folks don't seem to get it! Though you pretty much summed it up here! And furthermore, to add to your last statement,if they legalized cocaine tomorrow, I sure as hell am not going to run right out and buy some and blow lines!

Old 04-29-2015, 02:50 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times
IIRC Maryland has among the strictest gun control laws of the 50 states. They have banned assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. I'm sure this will thwart any plan by gangs to take out police officers. Nothing to worry about.....

Old 04-29-2015, 03:15 PM

2,671 posts, read 2,232,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
It was just reported that several street gangs have entered into a pact to band together to assassinate police officers in the city of Baltimore. The Bloods,Crips and Black Gorilla family street gangs sat down and formed this sick coalition according to credible information/threats.

Has it really come down to this? Are we as a society really going to condone these street thugs going this far?

These aren't JUST street thugs. They are also essentially mercenary armies for hire who have certain ideological and political leanings that tend toward anti-social revolutionary aims. They are very Left Wing friendly. I hope to high heaven that the FBI is infiltrating these gangs with undercover operatives, like they used to do in the 60s. What really worries me is the potential for them to link up with Al Qaida or ISIS operatives to cooperate on more sophisticated terrorist tactics, like car bombings and coordinated soft target attacks.

And one other thing. You know why drug trafficking is so attractive to many terrorist and revolutionary movements? Because it's a cash only business with no record keeping and untraceable transactions... not to mention a hugely profitable, uncontrolled industry.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:15 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
It's called propaganda! The BPD saw a photo of two gangs and the NOI coming together for Unity and they came up with some BS and as per usual. The media fed into it and distributed it. Fox News of course took the first bite of the idiotic propaganda and voila you have people posting threads and commenting and do not have any facts.

#Cointelpro

Old 04-29-2015, 03:18 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
These aren't JUST street thugs. They are also essentially mercenary armies for hire who have certain ideological and political leanings that tend toward anti-social revolutionary aims. They are very Left Wing friendly. I hope to high heaven that the FBI is infiltrating these gangs with undercover operatives, like they used to do in the 60s. What really worries me is the potential for them to link up with Al Qaida or ISIS operatives to cooperate on more sophisticated terrorist tactics, like car bombings and coordinated soft target attacks.

And one other thing. You know why drug trafficking is so attractive to many terrorist and revolutionary movements? Because it's a cash only business with no record keeping and untraceable transactions... not to mention a hugely profitable, uncontrolled industry.

you should be embarrassed to post this BS lol.. Americans who blow **** up or have been infiltrated and had there attacks twarted have all been anti-government right wing loons

Old 04-29-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
you should be embarrassed to post this BS lol.. Americans who blow **** up or have been infiltrated and had there attacks twarted have all been anti-government right wing loons

I knew there would be one at least one of the Lefties pointing out how crazy this "theory" is by pointing out that right wingers have done it too.

So there you have it. It's all BS And could never happen because... because.... right wing loons have already done it.

You aren't capable of being embarrassed, so I won't go into that subject.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
It's called propaganda! The BPD saw a photo of two gangs and the NOI coming together for Unity and they came up with some BS and as per usual. The media fed into it and distributed it. Fox News of course took the first bite of the idiotic propaganda and voila you have people posting threads and commenting and do not have any facts.

#Cointelpro

Yep... yep... cover for your homies. They made a mistake and shot off their mouths too much, and now the facts need to get tamped down. Fox News! Yeah! Nice touch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events