U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-28-2015, 03:54 PM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,869,261 times
Reputation: 4207

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
KUDOS to the officer!!

If I was the police, I'd most definitely make the violator sit in the car long enough to get hot, sweaty and miserable.

Sadly, if a person is THIS STUPID to start with they will likely lock a dog in a hot car again. Probably an a*shat like that would leave their child in the car too!

KUDOS to the officer?? So what if you're pulled over for speeding? Should the cop be allowed to punish you any way they see fit?




Question for the pet parents here:


Do you know who Donte Stallworth is? Of course you don't. He's a former NFL player who killed a man.
However, of course you all know who Michael Vick is- don't you.

Go figure.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-28-2015, 04:11 PM
 
2,179 posts, read 1,727,643 times
Reputation: 4062
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Huge difference between a dog and a child. Not defending the lady because it was wrong, but you coming on here saying "what if it was a child?" is just silly. It wasn't a child, it was a dog. Why not say, "what if it was bigfoot, or the last unicorn in existence or 1000 degrees outside?" sheesh
The hell are you babbling about? I wasn't defending her actions either, I was simply giving the hypothetical that it COULD HAVE been a child in place of the dog and things could've been much worse. Ok it wasn't a child, you want a cookie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2015, 04:13 PM
 
1,313 posts, read 1,622,005 times
Reputation: 1962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
KUDOS to the officer?? So what if you're pulled over for speeding? Should the cop be allowed to punish you any way they see fit?




Question for the pet parents here:


Do you know who Donte Stallworth is? Of course you don't. He's a former NFL player who killed a man.
However, of course you all know who Michael Vick is- don't you.

Go figure.....
There are people in this forum who've already said if they had to choose between saving a baby or their dog in a fire or flood they'd choose their dog. You can't reason with some pet owners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2015, 04:19 PM
 
3,211 posts, read 2,824,953 times
Reputation: 9290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
10 posts before any sense of reason or sanity. Are posters 1-9 dog owners? oh sorry- pet parents?
I don't get your point. It's not ok to leave any living thing in a car. If the lady has to experience it first hand to get the message, than so be it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2015, 04:29 PM
 
1,271 posts, read 761,969 times
Reputation: 2628
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelenogirl View Post
There are people in this forum who've already said if they had to choose between saving a baby or their dog in a fire or flood they'd choose their dog. You can't reason with some pet owners.
I was wondering about just that sort of hypothetical. Some people on here truly do value the lives of random animals over those of their fellow human being. That's just messed up.

Folks, you are getting riled up over a DOG. Please, take a step back from your computer, and think about what you're writing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2015, 04:52 PM
Status: "A delicate snowflake with the vote of a wolverine." (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Houston, TX
13,254 posts, read 7,438,936 times
Reputation: 27379
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
What's wrong with that? Better than lame citations that nobody cares about, or throwing people in jail and wasting taxpayers' money. Make them do 100 push-ups or something for crimes of stupidity such as this one.

Thank heaven the little dog is ok. Could've been much worse.
Exactly. What does a ticket teach the owner? Nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2015, 04:56 PM
 
5,445 posts, read 4,418,113 times
Reputation: 14992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Exactly. What does a ticket teach the owner? Nothing.
Unfortunately, it teaches them to hate cops. Give a warning and a lesson, chances are the person will learn from their mistake and not do it again knowing next time they will lose money out of their pocket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2015, 05:15 PM
 
1,198 posts, read 914,626 times
Reputation: 1493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Eh, I take my dog with me a lot. I could have to make a stop at a non-dog friendly store on the way to a dog-friendly store. Like a PP said, I can lock the car (w/ AC) and run into a store. I really try to avoid it, though, because there are a lot of over-zealous wanna-be good samaritans. That's the type that will call the cops or bust a car window without taking an accurate assessment of the situation. I haven't had this happen, but I've heard many stories.
This happens up hear in Seattle all the time. As someone that is originally from South Texas, I always laugh when some ignorant woman calls the cops because they see a dog in a car with the windows cracked when it's 65 degrees out. My brother in law is a cop up here, and he says they get calls all the time on mild spring and fall days. He says it's not uncommon to for people to call the police when they see a dog in a car that's not even panting.

Meh, Seattle...........what are you going to do lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2015, 05:37 PM
 
Location: Dallas
5,467 posts, read 4,594,342 times
Reputation: 15594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post
I was wondering about just that sort of hypothetical. Some people on here truly do value the lives of random animals over those of their fellow human being. That's just messed up.

Folks, you are getting riled up over a DOG. Please, take a step back from your computer, and think about what you're writing.
Oh, the common argument comes at last....."It's just a DOG". Yeah, the dog should have just put up with it and gotten a heat stroke until the stupid owner decided to come back. The cop measured the temp in the car and it was 114 degrees. He tried to educate the owner about the dangers, and all she kept saying was, it was ok, the dog was fine, it wasn't too hot.

So he had her sit in the just fine not too hot car while he wrote a ticket. For all you considering this was abusive behavior to the woman, why don't you consider it was abuse for the dog?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2015, 05:58 PM
 
Location: Trieste
879 posts, read 756,955 times
Reputation: 659
It seems to me in America cops and judges too take it on a personal level when sentence/fine people
they behave like they were the parents and people were their sons/daughters
I smell sooner or later someone will reinstate even spanking in public
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top