U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 12:56 PM

747 posts, read 1,753,846 times

Advertisements

Kudos to this officer; sometimes I think it's high time we brought back "unusual" and "creative" punishments....like that time a shoplifter got sentenced to humiliation by having to wear a sign around her neck in front of the store saying "I am a thief, I stole from this store..."

My late great aunt loved dogs and had four. Whenever I would come for a visit, she wanted to take her little shih zu "Mandy" with her. Mandy had a cute little booster seat to ride up front with us. We went to Pizza Hut together and left Many in her seat...albeit with the window down a little. Yes, it may have been summertime too

Where I live, I see dogs in cars a lot as I cross the parking lot, but thankfully the windows are down to some degree; I always say "hi" enthusiastically to the dogs I see and wave to them. Poor guys; about the only place they are allowed in publicly is PetSmart. Although I did see an exception_ I was in Lowe's one afternoon and I saw a man pushing a cart with a cute little Yorkie or shih-zu in the kid's seat

Also, this is April. I don't doubt that cars get hot with no ventilation. And the state of Ohio? I live in Georgia, and it's BEASTLY in the summertime!! Can you imagine what that car may have felt like in July???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 04:23 PM

10,032 posts, read 6,880,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Some posters here are total pantywaisters.

As police we can
Have a cordial conversation
Have a counseling session
Have a counseling session and issue a warning notice
Have a counseling session and issue a citation
Make an arrest
Any combination of the above
I as a general course of best practice show people what they did wrong and why.. from equipment code violation up to an arrest... an arrest makes other options moot

The panty waisters would try to say ..you can't do that ..how dare you treat people in that manner and show people what they did wrong... arrest them ..
I say total bunk... for all the warnings I give to people about mj for example..all I hear on here from whiners is how I'm ruining the lives of mj users.. total crap

This lady got everything she deserved and more .. hope she gets community service at the dog shelter...
Just how did this story really come to light anyway... surely not from the policeman .. perhaps from a disgruntled citation recipient ?
People get tweaked over little stuff.. especially liberal nanny state types that call for government intervention in all things until it applies to them personally . There has been a least one story of a police k9 officer going to jail for letting his dog die in a hot car... works for me

The officer will not be fired.. nor will he receive discipline.. this is simple police work ... time for you who think otherwise to step up and stop whining
All life is sacred to me.. which is why I've been vegan for... forever ..

Whiners get a life... want an arrest or ticket everytime you screw up just ask and we will be most happy to provide that service too... many people talk themselves into the above when cordial contact or counseling fails.

Good job officer
#alllivesmatter

Fortunately as citizens we can refuse to have a conversation with the police and choose to ignore a horse feces lecture delivered by a self-important cop.

Old 04-29-2015, 04:27 PM

10,032 posts, read 6,880,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Dude, she sat in the car while he wrote a citation. Granted being cited can seem like torture to some but the woman said the car is not hot, its fine. How is sitting in your car torture? What should he have done, provided a throne for her to sit upon complete with servants fanning her with emu feathers and hand feeding her grapes.
According to the jack booted thug the car was too hot or otherwise he wouldn't have issued a citation. So he had no problem making her sit in a car that he thought was too hot. It's a sad day when the JBT are allowed to decide what a penalty for a violation should be as they see fit. It's even sadder still that there are sheeple out there who support that.

Old 04-29-2015, 04:50 PM

20,946 posts, read 22,539,241 times
I tried finding the video but couldn't. Strongsville is not far from where I live. There was a video of an interview on one of our local news shows with the owner of the dog. The cop explained to her how dogs cannot take the heat like people and how she had put her dog at risk by leaving him in the car. She seemed really remorseful and said she would not do it again.

She spoke with a heavy accent and there seemed to be at first a bit of a language problem. I wonder if that could be part of the reason the cop wanted to get his point across as to how she could have been harming the dog. In any case, when she talked to the reporter at her home, she really did seem sincere about never leaving the dog in her car again. We can only hope that is true.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:26 PM

3,744 posts, read 3,287,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Fortunately as citizens we can refuse to have a conversation with the police and choose to ignore a horse feces lecture delivered by a self-important cop.
Fortunately we have ways for dealing with difficult people ...
Ultimately you will get the policing you deserve ... life just seems to work out that way in the end... which is why I can go home at the end of my day still smiling....

As I am now....!

Old 04-30-2015, 08:12 AM

3,330 posts, read 1,989,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Fortunately we have ways for dealing with difficult people ...
Ultimately you will get the policing you deserve ... life just seems to work out that way in the end... which is why I can go home at the end of my day still smiling....

As I am now....!
Yeah...My husband once put one of those big black empty garbage cans over a student to stop him from spitting at people at one of those alternative schools....no complaints from teachers...or parents....they were glad to have the uncontrollable kid detained......no taser no gun just that....it worked....

Old 04-30-2015, 09:11 AM

20,092 posts, read 20,595,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
According to the jack booted thug the car was too hot or otherwise he wouldn't have issued a citation. So he had no problem making her sit in a car that he thought was too hot. It's a sad day when the JBT are allowed to decide what a penalty for a violation should be as they see fit. It's even sadder still that there are sheeple out there who support that.
While the officer felt the car too hot to leave an animal trapped inside the lady insisted it was not too hot inside the car. She did not protest sitting in the car while he wrote the citation. Again, would you have him insist she NOT sit in the hot car thus violating her civil rights? Or provide her an air conditioned throne to sit upon?

Old 04-30-2015, 09:15 AM

3,744 posts, read 3,287,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
Yeah...My husband once put one of those big black empty garbage cans over a student to stop him from spitting at people at one of those alternative schools....no complaints from teachers...or parents....they were glad to have the uncontrollable kid detained......no taser no gun just that....it worked....
That's pretty ingenious... the ultimate spit mask!!!!

Old 04-30-2015, 09:29 AM

8,401 posts, read 9,575,413 times
Cop Left K-9 Unit in Car Until it Died | The Free Thought Project

I wonder if they will lock him up in the car until he dies to teach him and his family a lesson?

Old 04-30-2015, 11:03 AM

20,092 posts, read 20,595,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Cop Left K-9 Unit in Car Until it Died | The Free Thought Project

I wonder if they will lock him up in the car until he dies to teach him and his family a lesson?
Well he may be facing charges.

No one locked anyone up in a car until they died to teach them a lesson. WTF? How do you even get from A to that?

Officer has woman sit in car she insists is not hot nor a danger to her dog while he writes a citation to cop leaves K9 in car resulting in fatality to will other officers lock him in a car till he dies to teach his family a lesson. Really?

This jus shows that none of us are above needing a reminder of the tragedy that can result from confinement in hot cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events