U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2015, 07:31 PM

2,535 posts, read 2,718,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I don't see any animals.
Here, click this; you'll see hundreds.

CBS Baltimore Live Video CBS Baltimore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 07:32 PM

1,112 posts, read 810,240 times
I am surprised there were so many juveniles out there. These parents have no idea where their kids even were.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:32 PM

305 posts, read 226,214 times
A curfew will be in effect starting tomorrow night from 10PM til 5AM for the rest of the week. It is going to be hard to enforce that I would imagine. It's nighttime now and it looks like things are starting to return to normal, as people are mostly marching peacefully.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:33 PM

10,543 posts, read 6,052,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
I doubt it. That would only escalate the situation into a full scale urban war. You already have highly organized gangs in Baltimore who are openly hoping this will escalate into a war with the police.

I guess I'm the only one who thinks the mayor and the cops have a decent strategy. Turn the neighborhood into a 'containment zone.' Let the looters take out a cop car and their own CVS and wear themselves out. The looters currently look very bad and it's going to be very hard for anyone to spin this into some sort of protest of "militarized police" or brutality at this point. Just wait it out and make sure it doesn't spill over. The whole thing will be over by tomorrow. However, if they send in the tanks and shoot people it will just turn into Ferguson 2.0.
So send in the national guard and take the gangs out. Two birds; one stone. The police are standing around helpless.

8,088 posts, read 7,363,130 times
I think a flamethrower would be an excellent riot mob control device.

86,093 posts, read 70,214,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
I doubt it. That would only escalate the situation into a full scale urban war. You already have highly organized gangs in Baltimore who are openly hoping this will escalate into a war with the police.

I guess I'm the only one who thinks the mayor and the cops have a decent strategy. Turn the neighborhood into a 'containment zone.' Let the looters take out a cop car and their own CVS and wear themselves out. The looters currently look very bad and it's going to be very hard for anyone to spin this into some sort of protest of "militarized police" or brutality at this point. Just wait it out and make sure it doesn't spill over. The whole thing will be over by tomorrow. However, if they send in the tanks and shoot people it will just turn into Ferguson 2.0.
CNN, NBC and ABC all reported that they had journalists beaten and robbed while filming this.
15 police hurt, 2 in the hospital.

Status: "Christine Blasi Ford, Novelist and fiction author" (set 6 days ago)

13,542 posts, read 5,291,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
Tough situation.

The people that could stand to learn about our justice systems' inequalities (most white people) won't because of the rioting. The riots will take center stage and it will serve as a "gotcha" moment. The people will say "sure, the cops shot someone, but you all act like animals so what do you expect?"

The reality is that even if the protests were 100% peaceful, these sorts of things would still happen. Protesters were peaceful in the 50's, 60's and 70's, but we are still dealing with crap like this in the 10's.
So you really think that if the protests were not peaceful things would be better?

And as far as the protests being "peaceful" would you call Newark, Detroit and numerous other cities going up in flames to the chorus of "burn baby burn" was peaceful?

Last edited by jbgusa; 04-27-2015 at 07:42 PM..

1,587 posts, read 770,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
One of these days a news reporter is going to get severely beaten or killed. Maybe then they'll learn not to stir the pot so much.
A couple of them been robbed and hit so far.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:34 PM

1,188 posts, read 1,057,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
So send in the national guard and take the gangs out. Two birds; one stone. The police are standing around helpless.
I'm not sure why the police in Baltimore are so pathetic. This just seems like a bunch of stupid unarmed kids wilding out, and they can't even contain that.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:34 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,736,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Did you even read what he said, specifically the last statement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or