U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2015, 07:58 PM

8,088 posts, read 7,346,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Seems like its not a white black issue, its a police brutality issue and this stuff has to stop. If people dont loot and destroy propery who is going to listen? Enough is enough with these slimy cops.
I will agree it is a police brutality issue when the civilians involved are otherwise law abiding productive members of society but all of the cases we have discussed here which have reached national news status are marginal members of society with a history for breaking the law.

You ever been arrested wall street kid? I never have. You ever committed a crime, not ordinance violation but a crime? I never have. That is the difference.

Policing, arresting people who do not have the same view of the Law as the responsible members of society is difficult work and will result in damage, injury and death to some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

2,179 posts, read 1,731,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
These looters are doing a great job of eliminating whatever sympathy factor may have existed with actions like these.

https://twitter.com/jtalaiver/status...722052/video/1
There was never any sympathy factor to begin with. Take a look at some of these despicable bigoted responses.

3,720 posts, read 4,449,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline2121 View Post
Could someone tell me please were all of the officers arresting Freddie Gray white, or were they white and black? I just started reading up on this today and I can't seem to find that information. I read that unlike in Ferguson, the political scene there is mostly black democrats. I was just curious to know if it is police being brutal or police there being brutal and racist.
Just because an officer is white doesn't mean he's a racist. And just because an officer is black doesn't mean he isn't.

When a suspect is injured while under police custody, it is the officer's responsibility to make sure that the suspect gets a medical evaluation. If the suspect is faking or stalling, let the medical professional make that determination in a hospital with proper equipment. They need to change their procedures if they don't put priority on medical care when there is a hard take down of a suspect or whatever happened in this case.

13,583 posts, read 29,563,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
You don't know that. A criminal is going to do crime. You may not see it on TV but when 1 out of four people in the neighborhood is in prison, there will be crime going on. I will not stand by and let anyone put down our wonderful law enforcement officers and not take up for them. And just like any other citizen, they are innocent until proven guilty. There is nothing to riot about. To riot is always a choice. It solves nothing except to make the rioter look bad.
True. These people were already criminals, they just needed a spark (excuse) to set them off.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:01 PM

3,081 posts, read 1,587,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Seems like its not a white black issue, its a police brutality issue and this stuff has to stop. If people dont loot and destroy propery who is going to listen? Enough is enough with these slimy cops.
Wait, what? So looting and destroying stores and businesses is the way to protest. How does that help with the cause. I am curious about your answer to this. I cannot see ANY logic in what you posted.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:02 PM

7,142 posts, read 8,465,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline2121 View Post
Could someone tell me please were all of the officers arresting Freddie Gray white, or were they white and black? I just started reading up on this today and I can't seem to find that information. I read that unlike in Ferguson, the political scene there is mostly black democrats. I was just curious to know if it is police being brutal or police there being brutal and racist.
Do you really have to ask? Of course they were white.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:03 PM

1,743 posts, read 902,317 times
I have seen several videos of footage from Baltimore. Unbelievable, sickening. Do these people really expect people to take up their cause after all of this? I feel sorry for the peaceful protesters, this is making them look bad.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:04 PM

13,739 posts, read 8,731,452 times
The biggest hoax is to call them “outside agitators”. That is another politically correct line that has just been invented.What outside agitator walks off with diapers and toilet paper?

Old 04-27-2015, 08:04 PM

1,587 posts, read 768,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Do you really have to ask? Of course they were white.
Actually they were black and white. Way to go with your failed assumption

Old 04-27-2015, 08:05 PM

28,041 posts, read 19,719,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
These looters are doing a great job of eliminating whatever sympathy factor may have existed with actions like these.

https://twitter.com/jtalaiver/status...722052/video/1
So because of the actions of completely unrelated people you refuse to sympathize with someone who may have been killed by officers unfairly? Odd logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or