U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 04:45 AM

4,429 posts, read 2,064,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
^---- Posted in response to KaBoom who was still justifying the behavior.

Well seems this is what indeed is what happened since I posted that yesterday afternoon. The "apologist" Mayor is now calling them "criminals". Sky News spent about 2-3 minutes on it and said it reminded them of reporting in a 3rd world country. Well no surprises here. Probably more time than it deserved.

(At least this is being shown on the international media. I'd imagine that CNN, MSBNC, etc are still justifying the actions of these AA thugs. )

I watched all different news stations but didn't feel any of them were justifying this conduct. Although, some of the people they talked to did but I think that was a small minority as most decent hardworking people were probably holed up in their homes or getting their kids out of the area.

Despite his arrest record and being a person on the police's watch list - the police should have come out by now with statements concerning what went down after the arrest. It does appear that Freddie probably did break his leg on the takedown or fall and medical attention should have been given. That said - I'm disgusted with all that went on last night. These kids are poor but have cell phones to receive texts - I don't. These kids went on a rampage not because of the Freddie Gray incident but because they're nothing but thugs as the thing was planned by rival gangs.

To destroy your own community, hurt the people you live with, take away their livelihood and possessions - is despicable. The cops were in a darned if you do and darned if you don't situation as they'll still be accused of doing the wrong thing either way. The mayor and governor were wrong in not putting the National Guard on notice from the get go. And our wonderful President along with his cronies with their mouths all over their face - Jackson and Sharpton - are no where to be seen or heard from - that's how much they actually care about people.

This is a minority majority gov't and police force - if there are still problems - there are other ways of dealing with them - aka - Sharpton and Jackson - who love their 15 minutes of fame.

I live in a mixed community and TG we all respect each other. But last nite - I wish I could have been in Baltimore because I would have taken a fire hose and blasted all those little ignorant selfish brainless thugs to kingdom come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 04:48 AM

3,720 posts, read 4,438,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
I understand what you're saying, but again I respectfully disagree. From what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) he wasn't arrested for a warrant, he was arrested because he ran. sure, one could ask the question why run, but one could also ask the question why not just stop, frisk, and interview him to see what's going on. Also, perhaps the most important question of all, why was so much force used against him, and why the lack of medical attention? IMHO, those are the main contributing factors of this riot.
Anyone who cared about the man who died was at his funeral.

Old 04-28-2015, 04:49 AM

27,993 posts, read 19,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
No, given this and past eruptions, they act like this for free booze and TVs.

BTW, anyone clueless enough to think there's any reason to knockover places of business, destroy other people's property, and foul their own communities, is the one who needs that education.

Quit preaching to the people you think you float above, because you sound ridiculous.
I'm not preaching and I do not think I am better than anyone else.

I am trying to find a reason for people acting this way and see if there is a way to solve it. Apparently that's worse than calling people names and stereotyping groups of people, right?

Old 04-28-2015, 04:49 AM

22,219 posts, read 5,499,499 times
I have been watching this event on the telly news this morning, here in England. Looks awfully similar to other riots like Ferguson, also covered here.

What's the answer to these sort of things, and how to prevent them? Now, that's the question isn't it?

We had a little taste of this ourselves here in London a couple of years ago. Funnily enough, over the shooting by police of a young black male. This sort of thing is very, very, rare here. People dying in police custody, or at the hands of the police, hardly ever happens. We don't have the same grinding poverty, and as big a drug problem. Although, we do have some of both, among blacks and whites.

Many white Americans point, and say, "look..... this is how they behave. They're like wild animals burning their neighbourhoods. We're sick of blacks, and their entitlement mentality. Everybody's fault but their own." Blacks say, "we suffer from prejudice, are profiled by police, and shot unjustly. Running from the police should not end in us dying. Being arrested, should not end up with us dying........"

I think it took decades to create this mess, and will probably take as long to solve it. That is, if it is solvable. Number one for me, is ending the so called drug war. The cost of this, decades of tax payers money thrown down the drain, the jailing of millions of people over many decades, had done great harm. Fighting over drug turf in poor black areas, must have resulted in many thousands of deaths over the years.

Secondly, poor uneducated people need work. Blacks are being pushed out of minimum wage work by immigrants from places like Mexico. Both legal and illegal. There is not enough such work to go round. Yes, I know, the cry is 'stay in school..... get an education.' Well, in a lot of cases, this isn't going to happen is it? What is the cost of jailing millions of people? It'd be cheaper to build factories and have people packing things in boxes, then unpacking them, and starting again......... I know, it's stupid, but so is jailing so many people over drug supply, and use. It would be far cheaper to give the drugs away free. This war is lost. Time we started looking at legalizing, and taxing.

The many decent black Americans must look at these riots with the same dumbfoundment as white Americans. The police have a very difficult job. Both in England and America. The difference is our police arrest people without killing them. Of course, they rarely face criminals with guns. But, they have their share of crazies with knives and other weapons. They manage to take them in custody, and they make it to the police station alive.

There are too many instances of black people dying at the hands of American police. Many complain the police are more like soldiers these days. Armed to the teeth, and with vehicles to match. There are many examples of police killing folks for whatever reason. Some seem unjustified. You-tube is full of examples of this.

A way forward has to be found. What is coming down the line if it isn't? White people arming themselves to the teeth, ready for a race war? Black areas being left to rot? Children growing up in such places? Repeat and rinse.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:00 AM

3,720 posts, read 4,438,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
My opinion: This riot, just like the riot in Ferguson, has nothing to do with protesting police brutality. It is rooted in the feeling that poor young black men blame Whites and Asians for their economic position in society. They are feed this victim mentality propaganda by racist "Black leaders" like Al Sharpton. It is present 365 days a year, and acted on often in both aggressive (young black male criminality) and passive aggressive ways 365 days a year. The police brutality protest was just an excuse to act out and take vengeance on non blacks and symbols of authority, and to loot and steal.
Everyone's economic positions are determined by:

1. Their father
2. Their mother
3. Themselves

If the first two fail you because of their bad choices you can only rely on the third, yourself, to turn a bad situation around.

The ultimate problem is that people would rather blame the boogie man for everything than actually face the real culprits.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:10 AM

6,981 posts, read 4,172,175 times
Just remember the more looting and riots from blacks, the better it is for the cops because after all, maybe the cops have a "point" that these people are dangerous. These riots are "proof" that the cops might be innocent after all to the people born last night.

Don't bite into the false flag here, bad cops are the bad guys too, not just the rioters.

The riots will be here today and gone tomorrow soon to be forgotten...but the bad cops are forever, a MUCH Bigger problem.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:10 AM

2,163 posts, read 2,138,715 times
Everyone's lives matter. Its not about race, its about who is breaking the law. Its a simple fix, don't break the law. Now I don't care what color you are, black, white, red, or brown...maximum force should be used to take down anyone acting like an animal harming innocent people, looting stores, setting fires, etc...

Old 04-28-2015, 05:12 AM

1,587 posts, read 766,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Which they are and continue to be.
They aren't....We clearly saw last night that you are incorrect

Old 04-28-2015, 05:13 AM

6,981 posts, read 4,172,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
Everyone's lives matter. Its not about race, its about who is breaking the law. Its a simple fix, don't break the law. Now I don't care what color you are, black, white, red, or brown...maximum force should be used to take down anyone acting like an animal harming innocent people, looting stores, setting fires, etc...
They got you. They convinced you that the "animals" are looters and not the corrupt cops who caused this mess in the first place. Dont buy in. If its about breaking the law, you should want justice for the dead man and not letting a few rioters cloud your judgment to a much larger issue. "Rioting" is a pimple on a donkey's rear end compared to corrupt police.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:13 AM

2,792 posts, read 1,676,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
No, we're not. We're seeing more media spotlighting when it happens (though oddly enough, no spotlighting when Asians, whites, or Hispanics are killed by blacks.
So news media has just been avoiding covering all these years why would they do that? We are talking about police officers who are supposed to be upholding the law beating and killing black people not just a random person. There are thousands of muders a year how many are they supposed to cover? Sticking you head in the stand is not gonna make this problem dissappear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or