U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 09:20 AM

5,804 posts, read 3,087,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
We gave out 9mm rounds to the national guard in L.A because the politicians sent them in without bullets

Local guardsmen had gathered at their armories, many before the alert rosters were activated. However there was never any ammunition there even though they are called armories and the ammo supply was down in Orange county at Los Alamitos. In any case for the units local only the officers had a pistol so three or four for a 100 man company I am not sure if most had reequipped from the 45 by then. It was decided to make a stand and hope that local guardsmen would not be attacked in the fury.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 09:22 AM

1,587 posts, read 766,281 times
I have no words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6ZVq2Fim8Q

Old 04-28-2015, 09:38 AM

4,429 posts, read 2,064,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Dew View Post

This is so disgusting - sorry they all should be shot.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:02 AM

23,873 posts, read 17,571,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I'm surprised nobody learned from the Rodney King riots. Most of the Korean owned business's weren't looted or burned, maybe because the owners took it upon themselves to provide security at the end of a shotgun or rifle. Many photos of armed store owners on roof tops, inside doorways and in front of their stores.
Worked for them...
we need those guys in Baltimore right now..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6tmD0W5r4w

Old 04-28-2015, 10:02 AM

323 posts, read 328,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
This is so disgusting - sorry they all should be shot.
Or decorating lampposts. Which is what will eventually happen if they push into white neighborhoods.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:05 AM

3,744 posts, read 3,272,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Local guardsmen had gathered at their armories, many before the alert rosters were activated. However there was never any ammunition there even though they are called armories and the ammo supply was down in Orange county at Los Alamitos. In any case for the units local only the officers had a pistol so three or four for a 100 man company I am not sure if most had reequipped from the 45 by then. It was decided to make a stand and hope that local guardsmen would not be attacked in the fury.

Well

I was at florence and central... from huntington park on the east... 55th on the north,, central on the west. and the JD's on the south.. and the guardsmen were on fixed posts at the intersection.. with fixed bayonets.. and I handed out lots of boxes of 9mm.. none of them said no... by the next day we had flex cuffed so many people to phone poles you could see them for a mile straight down florence... where the jail van began picking them up

GI Liquor store at 92 and Alameda got burned .. it was "our" store so we took special exception to that.. we found the idiots next to it in a van... took their keys and threw them into the junkyard and told them to walk... 10 minutes later their van was ablaze and they had to walk through the JD's.. and they were hispanic.. which must have been the highlight of their day... if they made it...

Couldnt care less

At least our department let us do something when they finally let us out of the gate.. I used every tear gas canister,, every arwen round.. every flight rite in the first hour and ran out.... funny.. we didnt sustain the same damage as L.A. City did... different attitude different department

Baltimore needs to let their street coppers take care of biz and stop it.. now that the guard can watch intersections BPD can go to mobile tactics

And then

We will all pay some more.. and rehab.. and redo.. and repeat...

Until the cycle gets broken from within

Old 04-28-2015, 10:07 AM

38,060 posts, read 15,286,103 times
I believe the governor of Maryland signed into law, some of the most restrictive gun legislation in the USA.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:10 AM

22,947 posts, read 21,467,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
we need those guys in Baltimore right now..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6tmD0W5r4w
Yep, unfortunately it seems the american public has been sufficiently cowed and dissuaded from standing up for themselves and their property since the video was recorded.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:13 AM

2,550 posts, read 1,623,402 times
Some people call them animals. That is not true. Animals will not destroy their own habitat or kill and injure another just for the thrill of it. Animals also have to work for everything they get!

Do not disrespect the animal kingdom by this comparison.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:14 AM

23,873 posts, read 17,571,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I believe the governor of Maryland signed into law, some of the most restrictive gun legislation in the USA.
FORMER governor, thank god. but we still have to live with his imbecilic policies, unfortunately.

btw, he's high-tailing it back from his European visit to help us out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or