Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2015, 06:48 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
Well, it sounds like I am wrong by two counter examples (rodney king riots and mcduffie).

Then I am wondering why the cops are not doing anything. It seems like they can't do basic policing.
The Mayor told them to stand down, that's why.
Most of those looters are minors. The Police dept is pleading with parents to come get their kids because they don't want to hurt the kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 06:49 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
No, the police are the only problem. You are totally ignoring the fact that if the police had just acted professionally and arrested Freddie Gray without injuring him, today would be just another day in Baltimore, and people would be watching the baseball game right now.
You don't know that. A criminal is going to do crime. You may not see it on TV but when 1 out of four people in the neighborhood is in prison, there will be crime going on. I will not stand by and let anyone put down our wonderful law enforcement officers and not take up for them. And just like any other citizen, they are innocent until proven guilty. There is nothing to riot about. To riot is always a choice. It solves nothing except to make the rioter look bad.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:50 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,166,344 times
Could someone tell me please were all of the officers arresting Freddie Gray white, or were they white and black? I just started reading up on this today and I can't seem to find that information. I read that unlike in Ferguson, the political scene there is mostly black democrats. I was just curious to know if it is police being brutal or police there being brutal and racist.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:53 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Help is on the way. Al Sharpton just announced he's going to Baltimore to demand answers about Gray's death.

Al Sharpton to visit Baltimore, seek answers in Freddie Gray's death - Baltimore Sun

Old 04-27-2015, 06:54 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geed View Post
by what I see on the news coverage it looks like THUGS, Punks , teenagers ....very sad for the loss, but why do "some" black thugs if you will act like animals and vandal / destroy businesses and steal items...this is ignorant behavior. Demonstrations are good but peaceful. Acting stupid helps no cause...

Police must treat all citizens equal and a lot don't, prayers to Baltimore and the healing process.
You're basically asking why do thugs act like thugs. Color has no bearing ever race has its thugs, and I'm under the impression that you don't actually know what a thug is.

Thug | Definition of thug by Merriam-Webster

Your last statement is kind of debatable. This riot may or may not insight change. On one hand it may get the Obamas, DOJ, and Federal Govt's attention that police misconduct won't be tolerated, but on another I do agree that this isn't wise, nor is it the way to go. Doing this in your own neighborhood is asinine, and will only negatively impact them. If they really wanted to get the point across (I'm not encouraging) they should've did this to govt buildings. Doing this in their own hood will only come back to bite them in the ass.

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
I have not read any posts on this thread and I don't think I will. I have a good idea of the way the discussion went. I'm very interested in knowing what transpired between the BPD and Freddie Gray. I think people are sick of **** being swept under the rug. And that goes both ways.

6,977 posts, read 5,707,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline2121 View Post
Could someone tell me please were all of the officers arresting Freddie Gray white, or were they white and black? I just started reading up on this today and I can't seem to find that information. I read that unlike in Ferguson, the political scene there is mostly black democrats. I was just curious to know if it is police being brutal or police there being brutal and racist.
Seems like its not a white black issue, its a police brutality issue and this stuff has to stop. If people dont loot and destroy propery who is going to listen? Enough is enough with these slimy cops.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:55 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,686,837 times
These looters are doing a great job of eliminating whatever sympathy factor may have existed with actions like these.

https://twitter.com/jtalaiver/status...722052/video/1

Old 04-27-2015, 06:56 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Several reporters have all ready been severely beaten. Doesn't seem to be changing their coverage. So much for your theory.
It hasn't happened on live tv yet for everyone to see.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:57 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,027,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
You don't know that. A criminal is going to do crime. You may not see it on TV but when 1 out of four people in the neighborhood is in prison, there will be crime going on. I will not stand by and let anyone put down our wonderful law enforcement officers and not take up for them. And just like any other citizen, they are innocent until proven guilty. There is nothing to riot about. To riot is always a choice. It solves nothing except to make the rioter look bad.
Oh the poor cops are innocent until proven guilty. Too bad those gutless pathetic cowards didn't let Freddie Gray have his day in court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events