Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 06:54 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times

Advertisements

All I know is that we've apparently gone backwards over the past few years when it comes to race relations. Sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 06:59 AM

543 posts, read 702,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You are spot on about the lose of jobs to Illegals. Our current President has not only looked the other way but actually promoted them coming to the US.

As a Black man you'd think he'd try to limit this immigration so that Black Americans would at least have the opportunity. Generous benefits don't help when one can stay home and make more money not working than they can actually holding a job.

There are tons of jobs out there. The construction industry is booming. It's been years since I've seen a Black Man working in the Home construction business.

He only cares about moving to a one party system. Most illegals who become citizens will vote democrat if they vote at all. This will require more social spending with its dependance on government. Lucky all these animals rioting don't vote, or the US would even be in worse shape.

Last edited by cvap; 04-28-2015 at 07:11 AM..

Old 04-28-2015, 07:00 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
All I know is that we've apparently gone backwards over the past few years when it comes to race relations. Sad.
I don't think that's the case. I think race relations have actually improved quite a bit. However, that isn't a commentary on "how good" things are now, but more of a commentary on how bad things used to be.

The "problem" today is that all the cases of police misconduct, abuse & outright murder are being exposed for what they are in the age of ubiquitous cell phone camera coverage.

You think all of this is new? You think that blacks are only recently bein abused & killed by police? This has been happening all their lives. Technology and the media are only now giving it the attention that it should have been given so long ago & only now have finally exposed it to the world. Oh, we've gotten bits & pieces through the years...but now it feels like a veritable flood of evidence has been unleashed.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:02 AM

1,188 posts, read 1,464,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvap View Post
He only cares about moving to a one party system. Most illegals will vote democrat if they vote at all. This will require more social spending with its dependance on government. Lucky all these animals rioting don't vote, or the US would even be in worse shape.
People who are in the country illegally cannot vote, genius.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:07 AM

1,826 posts, read 2,495,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I don't think that's the case. I think race relations have actually improved quite a bit. However, that isn't a commentary on "how good" things are now, but more of a commentary on how bad things used to be.

The "problem" today is that all the cases of police misconduct, abuse & outright murder are being exposed for what they are in the age of ubiquitous cell phone camera coverage.

You think all of this is new? You think that blacks are only recently bein abused & killed by police? This has been happening all their lives. Technology and the media are only now giving it the attention that it should have been given so long ago & only now have finally exposed it to the world. Oh, we've gotten bits & pieces through the years...but now it feels like a veritable flood of evidence has been unleashed.
Spot on. It's funny when people act like this is a new phenomenon. Forgetting that Facebook, Twitter, other social media, and ubiquitous smartphone ownership were not present in previous presidential administrations. You're all just seeing what has been going on for decades. Finally someone who has some sense.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:08 AM

1,056 posts, read 1,737,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
From what I read I gather that he was a drug dealer. He still should have received prompt medical attention.
I agree, his criminal history does not excuse what happen to him. Chase him, restrain him safely then lock him up, this is a reasonable response to his actions not a critical injury that resulted in his death. It should be Police training 101.
I do not condone the violence commited by some in the rioting but to say Freddie Gray got what he deserved is unfair.

1,587 posts, read 1,014,596 times
Quote:
Where exactly has race relations gotten better? I see the exact opposite everywhere I go.

Quote:
That is not the problem in all cases. People are calling any police action bad now even when a thug had a gun and fired it. You have protesters that show up to any police shooting involving someone black regardless of the circumstance like in St Louis yesterday.

543 posts, read 702,809 times
Quote:

Cops don't engage people for no reason. If a cop can't shoot someone for running away from him, he should just stay out of troubled areas and sit in his car to take early retirement because his back hurts from sitting so much.

Last edited by cvap; 04-28-2015 at 07:17 AM..

Old 04-28-2015, 07:11 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
People who are in the country illegally cannot vote, genius.
Sure about that? Where I live you can register to vote by mail and they don’t want to see ANY document.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:14 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,427,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvap View Post
Cops don't engage people for no reason. If a cop can't shoot someone for running away from him, he should just stay out of troubled areas and sit in his car to take early retirement because his back hurts for sitting so much.
Why do you believe a policeman should shoot someone for running away from him? Does he deserve to die for doing just this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events