Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2015, 05:26 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Sounds like this is exactly what you are trying to say.

There isn't any justification of cutting fire hoses, looting business, putting others in danger, tearing up a city, etc. Teenagers don't do this and that is just a generalization to put some sort of moral equivalence to what they are doing.

I'd be content if we all could start by agreeing to use the correct terms as applicable.

These are looters, not protestors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 05:27 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,501,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
I'd be content if we all could start by agreeing to use the correct terms as applicable.

These are looters, not protestors.
Agreed, I;m getting right tired of hearing the media call these criminals "protesters". Are you serious???? Call them criminals. Stop making excuses for them.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:28 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
I've been watching coverage of this for the last hour or so. It seems like it's primarily kids/teenagers that have been causing the damage. I've watched them destroy 2 police cars so far.

This is insane. Do these people really think that looting and destroying their community is going to bring about any sort of positive change? It's only going to lead to more young people losing their lives.

I don't know what rock you have been living under, but riots work. don't believe me? follow the money, area where rioting occurs often receive improved policing, increase funding and special care.

If I were a black man living in the USA I would feel very marginalized and would be likely to want to act out to clearly communicate my frustrations. As it stands I won the Race, location , sex lottery...

Old 04-27-2015, 05:28 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
And after the flames are put out, after the looting and the destruction is finished, the rebuild starts, the next step is going to be gentrification in that neighborhood and the next step after that will be people bitching about "all these white people moving in."
Just like Ferguson..right ?

Old 04-27-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
I don't know what rock you have been living under, but riots work. don't believe me? follow the money, area where rioting occurs often receive improved policing, increase funding and special care.

If I were a black man living in the USA I would feel very marginalized and would be likely to want to act out to clearly communicate my frustrations. As it stands I won the Race, location , sex lottery...

And white people start moving in.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:29 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
I'm very glad the older members of the community tried to step in and control this. Kudos to them! I hate that they are dealing with these idiots. I agree with the other posters who said this isn't protesting. It's using this sad situation as an excuse to steal and destroy. It's terribly sad.

It has to be said, though, that this isn't a "black culture" thing, as some posters would like to believe.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:30 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
I wonder what would happen if riots broke out in DC (not very far away)? Would they send out the military?

Old 04-27-2015, 05:31 PM

4,208 posts, read 4,457,265 times
I recommend those guarding poppy fields in Afghanistan be brought home and with National Guard army respond with large sweeps with nets, place the criminals into cargo holds of a decommissioned ship that is to be towed out to sea to make an artificial reef and proceed. Time to remove the cancer before it spreads. Of course, POTUS would love to declare marshal law. I wonder if this latest is another 'trial balloon'.

Or like George Carlin once suggested in his 'Four Groups that gotta go' routine, fence up a rectangular state and put them in it and broadcast it as the updated "Survivor" reality show.

2,248 posts, read 2,349,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superwoman1 View Post
Maybe you should control your people. They won't listen to me.
Well, for starters they aren't "my people" They won't listen to you? I wouldn't listen to someone comparing me to an animal either, and do you actually think those types of people come onto CD?

Don't act dense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Just like Ferguson..right ?

Look up Tompkins Square as well as the results of several other riots in the past where the ultimate result years later was heavy gentrification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events