Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2015, 07:31 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And she also held off calling the Governor to get the National Guard.
When he came under flack from he press he said they were deployed 30 seconds after she called.
I hear she literally told the police to let protestors destroy things and then blamed the media for making the situation worse. Now even CNN is turning on her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 07:31 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Both the mayor and the governor should have seen this coming, and prepared better for it. We all saw this coming. Why didn't they?

The governor has called in the National Guard. Big deal. Then what? I suppose they'll stand around just like the cops are doing. It sickens me to see the cops retreat from an advancing mob of kids.
They cannot be accused of being brutal if they stand down and/or retreat.

Let the looters take over the city because "Black Lives Matter".

Old 04-27-2015, 07:33 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dessertlover View Post
I don't agree with this. You don't know what's in each and every one of these teenagers minds. They are black teens. Anybody ever think that they are sick of watching their own race consistently being murdered in cold blood? I'm an African-American woman and I am sick of it too!

I think that we need to be a little more responsible in our comments. We can't get into each individual's heart and mind and know why they do something that they do. Could it be that they are enraged at the injustice, hurt and afraid for themselves and their own people? I know that I am.

There needs to be more change in what is a largely a Racist American. There hasn't been enough after all of this time.
Let's address black on black violence... then let's look at other systemic problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I hear she literally told the police to let protestors destroy things and then blamed the media for making the situation worse. Now even CNN is turning on her.
The media is not the one that told the cops to stand down and gave them "room" to destroy stuff.

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Anyone notice that when a black woman is killed or assaulted the outrage never rises to the same level as when it happens to a black man? I find this highly annoying.
Yep. They also do not care when a baby or toddler is murdered. Evidently, the only lives that matter are the ones they identify with...males with a criminal history.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Yep. They also do not care when a baby or toddler is murdered. Evidently, the only lives that matter are the ones they identify with...males with a criminal history.
Remember that poor baby in Georgia..shot while in the carriage ?

Old 04-27-2015, 07:36 PM

Here you have a case of Black leadership not doing a damn thing until it gets out of control.

3,762 posts, read 5,423,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dessertlover View Post
I don't agree with this. You don't know what's in each and every one of these teenagers minds. They are black teens. Anybody ever think that they are sick of watching their own race consistently being murdered in cold blood? I'm an African-American woman and I am sick of it too!

I think that we need to be a little more responsible in our comments. We can't get into each individual's heart and mind and know why they do something that they do. Could it be that they are enraged at the injustice, hurt and afraid for themselves and their own people? I know that I am.

There needs to be more change in what is a largely a Racist American. There hasn't been enough after all of this time.
Most likely these kids are being raised by some vile parents. No decent parent is gonna have their child out there in that mess. Mom or Dad would be out there kicking their child's behind all the way home. These kids are doing this because they are bored, see no real future for themselves, and just want to do what their friends are doing. Police brutality is a problem, but it's not the only one. Too many kids come from homes filled with people who just don't give a **** about anything, as long as they get theirs.

5,129 posts, read 2,597,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
Obvious racial bias by the media showing only Black people looting.
just like St Louis.
just like New Orleans after Katrina
just like LA in the early 90s

its because those ARE the ones looting.

like another poster said put enough of them down, and the BS will stop. do it or ISIS will do it for us later.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:40 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Let's address black on black violence... then let's look at other systemic problems
83% of White homicide victims were murdered by *gasp* White criminals, but that probably doesn't fit your narrative. Let's stick to the topic at hand, shall we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events