Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 04:21 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,339,149 times

Advertisements

A bystander captured cell phone video of Round Rock, Texas, police officer Ben Johnson smashing a woman’s face into the pavement so hard that she was immediately knocked unconscious. Witnesses to the incident told KVUE that they thought the woman, Viviana Keith, was dead.

Addicting Info – Texas Cop Smashes Woman’s Face Into Pavement, Knocks Her Unconscious (VIDEO)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 04:30 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
The whole thing was witnessed by her six year old. What will this kid think of cops going forward? Then as usual the other coppers cover for the scum bag. The chief says the officer did what he was supposed to do it that situation. Yeah....he's supposed to smash a woman's head into the pavement in that situation. It's really amazing to listen to cops as they wonder in bewilderment why people hate them.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:40 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Not being there, it is hard to judge why she was being arrested and also what she did to resist. The video did say she resisted, and we always say that if you simply comply with the police orders you will probably not have any problems. It is when people get in the cop's face that the ass whooping begins.

We are only getting one side of the story here, and that "news source" sounds like they have an axe to grind and an agenda of their own.

Don

Old 04-24-2015, 04:58 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Not being there, it is hard to judge why she was being arrested and also what she did to resist. The video did say she resisted, and we always say that if you simply comply with the police orders you will probably not have any problems. It is when people get in the cop's face that the ass whooping begins.

We are only getting one side of the story here, and that "news source" sounds like they have an axe to grind and an agenda of their own.

Don
Are you serious? I'm being serious.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:59 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,339,149 times
Witnesses say that she moved her arm away from him. This is the proper response to that? The video clearly shows a woman standing up (I don't personally see any resistance) and then getting slammed down on her face.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:02 AM

23,545 posts, read 12,517,887 times
I can't dredge up any sympathy for a woman who drinks all day, doesn't feed her child and drives all over town, while drunk, with her 6 year old in the car. The reporter stated "She had no time to brace herself" [when the cop swung her towards the ground], the woman was too plastered to even think about bracing herself (even if the cop had done it in slo-mo).

Old 04-24-2015, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

Don

Quote:
It is when people get in the cop's face that the ass whooping begins.

Cops are like children. They're like the bully on the playground. When someone gets in a childish bully's face or does something the bully doesn't like they get attacked. The same thing occurs with the cops. The difference is though that the cops are SUPPOSED to be the professionals and should be able to handle a belligerent drunk 5 foot nothing 100 pound woman without smashing her skull into the pavement. But....the childish bully cops have this "you must respect my a-thow-ra-tay" mantra going and feel the need to break skulls when someone does something they don't like or when they feel disrespected. Watch the dashcam video in this link and then feel free to comment again. I'll wait.

Video shows DWI suspect knocked unconscious during arrest

Old 04-24-2015, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I can't dredge up any sympathy for a woman who drinks all day, doesn't feed her child and drives all over town, while drunk, with her 6 year old in the car. The reporter stated "She had no time to brace herself" [when the cop swung her towards the ground], the woman was too plastered to even think about bracing herself (even if the cop had done it in slo-mo).
The woman is a scumbag. This is true. However, the bottom line is:

Was that level of force appropriate for that situation?

Why do people like you constantly blame the victim in these cases of blatant police abuse? By doing that you make it easier for the police to continue to abuse people without being held accountable. Congrats on being part of the problem!

Old 04-24-2015, 05:25 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
I could never see myself smashing a woman's face into the concrete. And while wearing the badge??!!!

Berdee are you a man??

Do any of the other men feel differently?

Old 04-24-2015, 05:33 AM

23,545 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Why do people like you constantly blame the victim in these cases of blatant police abuse?
Easy answer, I don't.

Quote:
By doing that you make it easier for the police to continue to abuse people without being held accountable.
I do? Wow, such power I must have.

Quote:
Congrats on being part of the problem!
Yeah, right there with ya on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events