U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 01:50 PM

15,125 posts, read 8,652,503 times

Advertisements

Appearing on the talk show circuit as a 'viral video hero' and gofundme account in 5, 4, 3...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 01:56 PM

4,101 posts, read 1,860,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Well, now we know why the kid thought it was okay to take part in violence in the first place.

And the family cycle of violence wheel spins on affecting all of us.
Guess you never saw that old cartoon with donald and huey,dewey,and louie. they were being little terrorists and donalds neighbor loaned him a book about children psycology and told him to "use" it. Donald tried everytthing. nothing worked.........he jumped the neighbor and the neighbor asked if he was using it right. He proceeded to spank his sons posterior with it,saying that was the only thing that worked.......I totally agree.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:00 PM

21,594 posts, read 26,269,493 times
Mom never hit hard enough to hurt, just enough for some well deserved humiliation.

Makes me wonder who told on the kid. Maybe she was the only mom caught on video among several who marched their children home.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:04 PM

13 posts, read 12,696 times
If she was such a great Mom the kid would not be participating in the riot in the first place. Family Services is looking for her and will arrest her for assault.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:06 PM

1,112 posts, read 809,270 times
He deserved to get his ass kicked. Kudos to mom. I am not one to think it is ok to raise your hand to your child, but this boy needed to have some sense knocked into him.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:07 PM

7,685 posts, read 5,158,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Guess you never saw that old cartoon with donald and huey,dewey,and louie. they were being little terrorists and donalds neighbor loaned him a book about children psycology and told him to "use" it. Donald tried everytthing. nothing worked.........he jumped the neighbor and the neighbor asked if he was using it right. He proceeded to spank his sons posterior with it,saying that was the only thing that worked.......I totally agree.
I think I actually remember that one (Donald Duck was one of my favorites). Problem is, a lot of the posters here probably aren't familiar with it, being before their time. Plus those old cartoons aren't considered PC.... being so violent and all. Makes me wonder how I grew up being a normal, every day guy after watching all those horribly violent cartoons for so many years.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:08 PM

1,077 posts, read 652,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by great discussion View Post
If she was such a great Mom the kid would not be participating in the riot in the first place. Family Services is looking for her and will arrest her for assault.

BBM

Is that a fact or just your opinion?

If it's fact can you please post the article that references this. TIA

Old 04-28-2015, 02:12 PM

7,626 posts, read 14,023,021 times
We raised our kids to KNOW they best not get in trouble with the law, because that was the EASY part....what your momma and daddy would do to you afterwards would have you BEGGING for the law to protect you!!!!!!!

THIS momma got it going on....too bad so many others are such losers and don't bother. The video said she SAW her kid and went down there after him....GOD BLESS HER AND HER PARENTING SKILLS!!!!!!!!

Old 04-28-2015, 02:13 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,150,526 times
Isn't hitting your kid no matter how stupid he is child abuse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
BBM

Is that a fact or just your opinion?

If it's fact can you please post the article that references this. TIA

Old 04-28-2015, 02:15 PM

7,685 posts, read 5,158,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by great discussion View Post
And teach what lesson to the kid? That his Mom was wrong to make him stop doing what he was doing and go home. At least she cared enough to do something..... as opposed to the parents of many of the other teenagers that were involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or