U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-28-2015, 10:32 AM
 
Location: NYC
11,832 posts, read 7,718,890 times
Reputation: 12819

Advertisements

Pitchforks are coming..

It's a matter of time that one day these riots will start to creep into middle class and wealthier towns because these riots at poor neighborhoods don't get enough attention.

Get ready folks, one day those towns neighboring poor ones will get hit by looting and rioting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-28-2015, 10:38 AM
 
950 posts, read 670,807 times
Reputation: 1605
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Pitchforks are coming..

It's a matter of time that one day these riots will start to creep into middle class and wealthier towns because these riots at poor neighborhoods don't get enough attention.

Get ready folks, one day those towns neighboring poor ones will get hit by looting and rioting.

no doubt in my mind !

I guarantee you I will shoot as many as I can before they kill me .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2015, 10:39 AM
 
Location: San Antonio
7,626 posts, read 13,998,032 times
Reputation: 18670
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Too bad that the rioters burned down the Senior Center that was being built in their neighborhood. Something positive for the community. I'm sure those who invested in that project are feeling really hopeful right now.
And poking holes in the water hose trying to fight the fire at the CVS that they (neighborhood residents) rely on??? REALLY? How does that help anyone??? I can not help but wonder how many of the "kids" from the school that they poured out of to riot don't have a positive male roll model at home???

God Bless that one momma that tore into her son when she found him rioting!!! She has MY respect! (and if you notice in the video, her SON had respect for her, because he was NOT hitting back and trying to get away from her, but turned around and minded...HE KNEW BETTER than to NOT!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2015, 10:39 AM
 
7,950 posts, read 3,740,777 times
Reputation: 10427
Quote:
Originally Posted by smart-dumb-kid View Post
That is one way to look at it. Some of the people in this thread ignore the topic at hand and went straight to undercutting it. It honestly better to just ignore the drivel like you say.


When your sourced article comes from a self proclaimed socialist site, did you really expect most people to agree with its/your view
Typically articles/views like that are either cloaks for the deeper "workers unite" propaganda, or as I said, naïve feel good half baked thoughts. In practical terms people are never going to be equal, not even in socialist/communist societies. Yet that does not prevent those looking for answers to our societies problems to believe other forms of government would work better.
Despite some flaws, our Constitutional Republic built on capitalism is the best thing going. As a result we do much more good in this world for our fellow man precisely because we have the resources based on capitalism.
To deny that would be futile, as it is fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2015, 10:42 AM
 
Location: A great city, by a Great Lake!
15,908 posts, read 9,653,110 times
Reputation: 7449
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Pitchforks are coming..

It's a matter of time that one day these riots will start to creep into middle class and wealthier towns because these riots at poor neighborhoods don't get enough attention.

Get ready folks, one day those towns neighboring poor ones will get hit by looting and rioting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post
no doubt in my mind !

I guarantee you I will shoot as many as I can before they kill me .

I think it could get very ugly in this country. That said, I too would do whatever is necessary to protect my family and my home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2015, 10:42 AM
 
148 posts, read 103,160 times
Reputation: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post
Yup, another Obama supporter who says............"if only they had jobs"

Sounds like Obama and Keith Ellison (D-MN) when they give justification for the Muslims who leave Minneapolis to join ISIS.

same old, same old
Do you even know the history of your own country? You seem to have a terrible disdain for the left wing. It would be a great, horrific shame if you had no idea what you're talking about and yet carry animosity for ideals you don't even understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2015, 10:49 AM
 
8,546 posts, read 5,273,203 times
Reputation: 9115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
And poking holes in the water hose trying to fight the fire at the CVS that they (neighborhood residents) rely on??? REALLY? How does that help anyone??? I can not help but wonder how many of the "kids" from the school that they poured out of to riot don't have a positive male roll model at home???

God Bless that one momma that tore into her son when she found him rioting!!! She has MY respect! (and if you notice in the video, her SON had respect for her, because he was NOT hitting back and trying to get away from her, but turned around and minded...HE KNEW BETTER than to NOT!)
I would guess that most don't.

I also respect that mom for not tolerating her son's involvement in the riot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2015, 10:51 AM
 
Location: Southeast Michigan
2,839 posts, read 1,580,396 times
Reputation: 4521
Do these people have what it takes to keep a job ?

Do they have basic math and reading comprehension skills ?

Do they generally respect the law and order ?

Do they have a basic understanding of the concept of fairness ? Or are they more than happy to beat and kill innocent people and loot businesses to take out their frustration with Da Man ?

How many of them don't have a ghetto thug, jungle-law, dog-eat-dog, what's-good-for-me-is-right, the-world-owes-me mentality ?

How many of these men have daily conversation with their children ? How many even know all of their children ?

How do you propose we fix this ? It's a mentality / culture problem. The police brutality, real or alleged, is the symptom, not the cause.

They are both the victim and the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2015, 10:52 AM
 
7,950 posts, read 3,740,777 times
Reputation: 10427
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Pitchforks are coming..

It's a matter of time that one day these riots will start to creep into middle class and wealthier towns because these riots at poor neighborhoods don't get enough attention.

Get ready folks, one day those towns neighboring poor ones will get hit by looting and rioting.
You are incorrect unless total anarchy is the norm in your future prediction.

Riots get plenty of attention, and frankly I wonder if it is a chicken/egg type of thing. Meaning, does attention help to fuel it.
For example last night I was watching a FOX reporter down several blocks from an area where there was debris in the road on fire. The fire was small and remained that way. However once the reporter got up close, all of a sudden a bunch of rioters started adding all sorts of things to bring it to a full blaze.

As to your thought about rioters coming into different towns, not only would the police respond to prevent it, but the residents would defend their property with lethal force if needed. Don't forget that there are estimated to be 300+ million guns in this country, many owned by law abiding citizens. The average middle class person would not want to start shooting people, but to protect their homes/families, rest assured they would.
One need look no further than other riots where surrounding neighborhoods had armed citizens on the roofs with rifles, protecting their homes/businesses. Those neighborhoods never burned precisely because of the aforementioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2015, 10:52 AM
 
5,532 posts, read 5,721,468 times
Reputation: 3146
The reason for these riots isn't a police wrong handling of a young black man and neither lost jobs, although that may have contributed. It's not even white people.
The mob who started fires and later cut hoses were driven by pure hatred. Not towards a specific person or group, but hate of everything: their city, their community and America in general. A black lady as mayor and a black president? Couldn't care less. A senior citizen center for the elderly in the community? You make me laugh!
They just want to burn, loot (although some stores may be owened by black owners) and destroy.
Such attitude doesn't end with a government program or assistance, even some jobs. No affirmative action will end those feelings. Sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top