U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 08:11 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,066,529 times

Advertisements

if you're interested baltimore is 40th in the world for homicides per 100k.its only one of four american cities to be on the list.it also has the 6th highest murder rate of any american city.just thought I let you know if you're planing you're next vacation.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:53 PM

1,911 posts, read 1,674,564 times
Vacation? You must be kidding.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:49 PM

8,520 posts, read 4,741,330 times
This doesn't really sound like a thread that should be in "current events". It sounds more like a failed attempt at political posturing..

Old 04-28-2015, 11:55 PM

24,511 posts, read 34,130,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
This doesn't really sound like a thread that should be in "current events". It sounds more like a failed attempt at political posturing..
Not everyone has an education and understand what "current events" is. No need to bully the uneducated.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:33 AM

3,073 posts, read 2,216,087 times
Quote:
This doesn't really sound like a thread that should be in "current events"...
It should have been prefaced better, but since the city is going up in flames, it seems relevant to current events. It adds useful context to show that this was already one of the 4-6 most violent cities in the country.

Quote:
It sounds more like a failed attempt at political posturing.
I guess to some stating fact is a failure and posturing. To me reflexively denying fact is failure and posturing, but to each their own I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Not everyone has an education and understand what "current events" is. No need to bully the uneducated.
I guess not everyone understands inference.

Would not the correct grammar for your sentence read: "Not everyone has an education and UNDERSTANDS what 'current events' is?"

Proofreading is part of education too.

Last edited by cachibatches; 04-29-2015 at 01:42 AM..

Old 04-29-2015, 01:38 AM

16,475 posts, read 20,009,944 times
Whether it's a Mexican border city, or any city with a high homicide rate, it's never deterred me from going there as they're not shooting tourists!

It was drilled into me since a child: Home of the Brave!

Not Home of the Coward!

Old 04-29-2015, 05:39 AM

40,951 posts, read 32,676,353 times
The current events in Baltimore make me sad because Baltimore really IS beautiful in so many areas and in so many ways. It has an amazing history and a beautiful port area. Great seafood. Historic neighborhoods - all those white steps and old rowhouses!

There are so many good people in Baltimore who are now in danger of losing their jobs and livelihoods, who now must feel like their very lives are endangered. I feel really sorry for them. I hope this all calms down soon so they can get their lives back.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:52 AM

615 posts, read 341,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The current events in Baltimore make me sad because Baltimore really IS beautiful in so many areas and in so many ways. It has an amazing history and a beautiful port area. Great seafood. Historic neighborhoods - all those white steps and old rowhouses!
I agree. While I don't live there anymore, there are some really nice architecture that you don't see in many cities. And the seafood is to die for. You've never had a crab cake unless you had one from Baltimore.

Baltimore has its own, unique atmosphere. It's just too bad the city is so scattered. And it isn't walking-friendly (unless you're staying on Charles St or something), to do anything here, you'll need a car.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:00 AM

8,593 posts, read 6,112,818 times
I used to live there and only moved to be closer to a job. I'm willing to bet the OP has zero experience with the city and is just trolling. Am I correct, OP?

I never had any problems, felt very safe, and would not hesitate to move back. Do some simple research before moving to stay away from the bad neighborhoods like most major cities have and one will be fine.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:06 AM

8,593 posts, read 6,112,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
I agree. While I don't live there anymore, there are some really nice architecture that you don't see in many cities. And the seafood is to die for. You've never had a crab cake unless you had one from Baltimore.

Baltimore has its own, unique atmosphere. It's just too bad the city is so scattered. And it isn't walking-friendly (unless you're staying on Charles St or something), to do anything here, you'll need a car.
Not necessarily. When I was having car issues I took a city bus to get me downtown to the light rail and train station. Most bus routes run all night. I did so without problems. They have a subway system too but pales in comparison to DC's. Subway, light rail, and MARC are accessible from just about anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or