U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2015, 10:55 AM

1,077 posts, read 649,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:

Baltimore police announced today that
newly obtained security camera footage showed the police van transporting Freddie Gray made a previously
unknown stop on the day he was arrested.

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

Detectives say the police van picked up
Gray after he ran from police. They then made one stop previously known to
officers, but made another stop that police said today they did not
learn about until investigating the case further
. From that second
stop, they made another stop before making a fourth stop to pick up another
prisoner. They then went to the police station, according to Deputy Commissioner
Kevin Davis, who headed the Baltimore Police Department's investigation of the
case.

The announcement came as Police
Commissioner Anthony Batts announced that their department had completed its
portion of the investigation a day earlier than expected and handed over all
information to the Baltimore State's Attorney Office to handle the rest of the
case.

Batts said 30 detectives had been
assigned to the Gray investigation, and their "focus was this case and only this
case."

Quote:
Davis said they learned of the new stop
after examining footage from a
privately owned security camera. The only detail
he announced about this
stop was that it took place at Greenmount Avenue and
Mosher Street
https://news.yahoo.com/freddie-gray-...opstories.html

Glad those investigating got hold of that security tape with this stop that was unknown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 11:02 AM

During the news conference Monday, Deputy Police Commissioner Jerry Rodriguez reiterated a police timeline of events that led to Gray's arrest and showed video from one CCTV camera near the scene.

- 8:39:52, at 1700 Pressbury, a unit says on the radio 'I got him.'

- 8:40:12, 'We got one' An officer has stopped Gray at this time.

"Mr. Gray gave up without the use of force. An officer took his Taser out but never deployed the Taser," Rodriguez said.

- 8:42:52, a wagon is requested for transport and Gray asks for an inhaler
Batts said Gray could have received better care while in custody.
"He asked for the inhaler as he was going into (the van) at one or two of the stops, it was noticed that he was having a little trouble breathing, where we probably should have asked for paramedics or had him look into that at that time," Batts said.

- 8:46:02, The driver of the prisoner transport van believes Gray is acting irate in the back

- 8:46:12, a unit asks the wagon to stop so the paperwork can be completed; Gray is placed in leg irons and put back in the wagon

- 8:54:02, the van leaves

- 8:59:02, the driver picks up another prisoner and asks for an additional unit to check on Gray
"Mr. Gray was the only one on that side of the van, and it wasn't until the very end that another suspect was placed in the van, who we have interviewed, but that suspect was on the other side of a metal barrier with no contact with Mr. Gray. He could hear Mr. Gray, but he could not see him," Rodriguez said.

- 9:24, the van arrives at the Western District and a medic is called

more at the link
6 Baltimore police officers suspended in Freddie Gray case | Maryland News - WBAL Home

Last edited by Amythyst; 04-30-2015 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: added link

Old 04-30-2015, 12:04 PM

8,623 posts, read 5,898,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Good post!
When you have the reputation that white cops have in black america and you find a way to have a black suspect die in your custody, its not going to go over too well with some people.

I didn't know there was a black America. Is it like the NAACP, Congressional Black Caucus or the Black Chamber of Commerce in every major city?

That leaves white, brown, yellow and invisible America. Never heard of invisible America? They are the population not accounted for in polls or government statistics reports. They are black, white, brown and yellow. Purple and green as well.

White cops have quite a reputation to live up to. How about their fellow officers who happen to be black and behave in like manner?

Old 04-30-2015, 02:08 PM

3,029 posts, read 2,028,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
You specifically mentioned Brown and Martin, which is nowhere near the same. They died while acting out Criminal behavior as thugs. Both self defense. Rice got shot because he was stupid, and its not like he was an infant. He was smart enough to remove the red "Toy" indicator, so he was smart enough to know how to make his gun appear to be real. He succeeded. His fault, same as the other two. If I had a gun and he pointed it toward me, I would have shot him too, in a heart beat.

In this case, there was no criminal act, no reason for any action. To make matters worse, the handling on video is completely unacceptable. the explanations are none existent, and there appears to be a "clutching" at straws to try and explain this in favor of the Police. It appears to everyone, with any common sense, that they are delaying or hiding the real facts, while they dream up a defense. They could have avoided the riots and the unrest, by just being more transparent.

Fact remains, they killed him. Who, why, and how, is the only question left.

if brown and Martin were criminals, show me their arrest records, because I can show you Zimmerman's. Rice was shot, because white men are scared of black children. the only stupid person in that scenario was the cop who shot him.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:18 PM

22,947 posts, read 21,488,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
During the news conference Monday, Deputy Police Commissioner Jerry Rodriguez reiterated a police timeline of events that led to Gray's arrest and showed video from one CCTV camera near the scene.

- 8:39:52, at 1700 Pressbury, a unit says on the radio 'I got him.'

- 8:40:12, 'We got one' An officer has stopped Gray at this time.

"Mr. Gray gave up without the use of force. An officer took his Taser out but never deployed the Taser," Rodriguez said.

- 8:42:52, a wagon is requested for transport and Gray asks for an inhaler
Batts said Gray could have received better care while in custody.
"He asked for the inhaler as he was going into (the van) at one or two of the stops, it was noticed that he was having a little trouble breathing, where we probably should have asked for paramedics or had him look into that at that time," Batts said.

- 8:46:02, The driver of the prisoner transport van believes Gray is acting irate in the back

- 8:46:12, a unit asks the wagon to stop so the paperwork can be completed; Gray is placed in leg irons and put back in the wagon

- 8:54:02, the van leaves

- 8:59:02, the driver picks up another prisoner and asks for an additional unit to check on Gray
"Mr. Gray was the only one on that side of the van, and it wasn't until the very end that another suspect was placed in the van, who we have interviewed, but that suspect was on the other side of a metal barrier with no contact with Mr. Gray. He could hear Mr. Gray, but he could not see him," Rodriguez said.

- 9:24, the van arrives at the Western District and a medic is called

more at the link
6 Baltimore police officers suspended in Freddie Gray case | Maryland News - WBAL Home
So now they'd be looking very closely at A. The transport cop B.The cops that placed the second prisoner into the transport C. The cops that dealt with Freddie on the stop prior to the second prisoner pickup to find out who the last cops were that put hands on him AND what his condition was at that point. You also have to wonder how Freddie was banging around so loudly if he had all these injuries.
If it's shown that one or more cops caused his injuries then a trial for those cops is required.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:55 PM

<<<snipped article>>>
Quote:

Allen said he did not know a man was already in the van. Gray was on the
right side and Allen was loaded on the left side with a divider separating
them.

Allen described what he heard: "When I got in the van, I didn't hear nothing.
It was a smooth ride. We went straight to the police station. All I heard was a
little banging for about four seconds. I just heard little banging, just little
banging."

Asked whether he told police whether he heard Gray banging his head against
the van, Allen said, "I told homicide that. I don't work for the police. I did
not tell the police nothing."

According to the autopsy on Gray, there is no evidence that Gray hit his head
against anything on his own. His fatal neck and spinal injury was a kin to the
type suffered in a car accident; it needed that amount of force and energy.
Second man in police transport van speaks out | Maryland News - WBAL Home

Seems someone took what this person said and twisted it to fit an agenda.

He heard a little banging for 4 seconds. Then he goes on to say, he told the police nothing.

Waiting for this investigation to be made public, one needs to wade thru all the conspiracy theories, personal agendas or suppositions that should not take the place of facts.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:30 PM

Officer in fatal arrest once hospitalized over mental health

By JEFF HORWITZ, JULIET LINDERMAN and AMANDA LEE MYERS April 30, 2015 4:30 pm

BALTIMORE (AP) — The highest-ranking Baltimore police officer in the arrest that led to Freddie Gray’s death was hospitalized in April 2012 over mental health concerns for an unknown duration and had his guns confiscated by local sheriff’s deputies, according to records from the sheriff’s office and court obtained by The Associated Press.

Officer in fatal arrest once hospitalized over mental health - WTOP

SMH

So now there is an officer on duty who has allegations against him for self control and judgment being suspended twice.

This is the officer that initially pursued FG.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:32 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,966,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Officer in fatal arrest once hospitalized over mental health

By JEFF HORWITZ, JULIET LINDERMAN and AMANDA LEE MYERS April 30, 2015 4:30 pm

BALTIMORE (AP) — The highest-ranking Baltimore police officer in the arrest that led to Freddie Gray’s death was hospitalized in April 2012 over mental health concerns for an unknown duration and had his guns confiscated by local sheriff’s deputies, according to records from the sheriff’s office and court obtained by The Associated Press.

Officer in fatal arrest once hospitalized over mental health - WTOP

SMH

So now there is an officer on duty who has allegations against him for self control and judgment being suspended twice.

This is the officer that initially pursued FG.
Oh I see. It's terribly un-compassionate and cruel to discuss whether or not Mr. Gray had a medical background that could have affected him at the time of the incident, but it's just peachy keen to disclose the officer's medical history.

Got you all figured out now.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Oh I see. It's terribly un-compassionate and cruel to discuss whether or not Mr. Gray had a medical background that could have affected him at the time of the incident, but it's just peachy keen to disclose the officer's medical history.

Got you all figured out now.

You're going on and on about a damn rumor. I showed you the lead poisoning settlement, it was not a car accident!

The form FG filled out is what you keep harping on as he did indeed have an auto accident.

I've got you all figured out now, too.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:40 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,966,829 times
Holy bi-polar discussion here. So now you DO acknowledge that Gray had listed in court docs that he had previous injuries. But then tell me I'm going on and on about a rumor. Do you not realize how ridiculous that is?

You: "Yes, you are right. He *did* note in documents that he had a previous injury".

Me: "That's all I was pointing out. I never said anything about *what* his injuries were".

You: "You're going on and on about a damn rumor".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or