Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2015, 09:30 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times

Advertisements

Even if a person doesn't care if someone like Mr. Grey with his criminal record is killed. Even if you don't care about potential police abuse of power in the case.

Remember, if this happens in your community....when they get out the checkbook and have to pay Mr. Grey's family $5million....YOU the taxpayer are paying for it.

Just something to consider if the other concerns are not shared by you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 10:36 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,458,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
In almost everyone of these police incidents the perp had a long rap sheet, ran, and or resisted arrest.
Here's one that didn't:

What I Did After Police Killed My Son - Michael Bell - POLITICO Magazine

Old 05-01-2015, 10:55 AM

8,104 posts, read 6,748,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Yes, I remember that case. However it is very rare indeed that anyone of any color is accosted by the police when acting within norms of civil society. If you don't run, fight, resist there is not much chance that you will be harmed by police.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:07 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,598,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
Well, you know, those skills deserve whatever "accident" happens to them during arrest, on the way to the station, whenever… cause if they aren't guilty right now they will be guilty some day of something. This is the creative crime prevention at it's best. KILL them or paralyze them before they can commit crime.
Interesting.

You're probably someone who considers himself/herself a "patriot" as well, right?

And yet your philosophy is so utterly unamerican, and is so aligned with terror.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:20 AM

625 posts, read 623,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Interesting.

You're probably someone who considers himself/herself a "patriot" as well, right?

And yet your philosophy is so utterly unamerican, and is so aligned with terror.
What? How do you get Un-American & aligned with terror out of that??

The police should treat every citizen with due process. That goes for Freddie Gray, you, the guy next door, whoever. Otherwise, we become a police state.

That's why the police should be held to a higher standard. They are here to protect and serve. They are trained to think and react under stress.

I'm all for the police. I think 98% of them are good people, working hard, doing a very tough job. But there are those few that cross the line.

Do you really want police that are corrupt, that can injure and/or kill citizens without repercussions? Think of Pakistan, Russia, Sudan, Afghanistan, Somalia, Iraq, Burma, Kenya, Mexico, Haiti. THINK ABOUT IT.

Last edited by BamaBlue; 05-01-2015 at 11:33 AM..

Old 05-01-2015, 03:39 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,254,341 times
Quote:
Well, you know, those skills deserve whatever "accident" happens to them during arrest, on the way to the station, whenever… cause if they aren't guilty right now they will be guilty some day of something. This is the creative crime prevention at it's best. KILL them or paralyze them before they can commit crime.
Quote:
The police should treat every citizen with due process. That goes for Freddie Gray, you, the guy next door, whoever. Otherwise, we become a police state.
That's why the police should be held to a higher standard. They are here to protect and serve. They are trained to think and react under stress.
I'm all for the police. I think 98% of them are good people, working hard, doing a very tough job. But there are those few that cross the line.
Do you really want police that are corrupt, that can injure and/or kill citizens without repercussions? Think of Pakistan, Russia, Sudan, Afghanistan, Somalia, Iraq, Burma, Kenya, Mexico, Haiti. THINK ABOUT IT.
These posts sound like opposite opinions. First you state that these "skills" (not sure what you mean, but it sounds like you are talking about people who are arrested) deserve the brutal treatment they receive from the police, because it is "crime prevention" whatever that sadistic statement means.

Then in a contradictory manner state that the police shouldn't be corrupt, although it is corrupt to kill alleged criminals as "crime prevention" before they are even indicted, whether they are guilty now or as you said "will be someday".

Your first statement sounds like an endorsement of the mideastern country policies that you then tell everyone to "THINK ABOUT."

Old 05-01-2015, 04:47 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,598,170 times
Quote:

Uh oh...it's entirely possible that I misread your post to be the exact opposite of what you meant :-(

I thought you were saying Freddy Gray deserved to be killed on the way to the station because he would have committed a crime someday.

...never mind...(sorry)

Someone needs to take their rep point back from me because I am glad the cops were indicted

Old 05-01-2015, 05:03 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,025,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Even if a person doesn't care if someone like Mr. Grey with his criminal record is killed. Even if you don't care about potential police abuse of power in the case.

Remember, if this happens in your community....when they get out the checkbook and have to pay Mr. Grey's family $5million....YOU the taxpayer are paying for it.

Just something to consider if the other concerns are not shared by you.
That's the only positive thing that will come from this.

The city will pay the Grays a huge multi-million dollar settlement for killing their son in an illegal arrest.

There was no need to arrest as him as he hadn't done anything, but it doesn't matter if he did anything or not, does it?

What the cops say goes now.

We are living in a police state, but no one wants to call it that.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:25 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Hi
Bells family received 1.75 mil from the city of Kenosha...the terms of the settlement were not published
The district attorney ruled insufficient evidence and the shooting justifiable
From reports I have read bell did resist arrest... was tazed... and then fought with two officers then was shot by a third when it was alleged and was investigated that he did attempt to take an officers gun.
The officer who conducted the traffic stop on bell who was intoxicated... committed suicide from the pressure this incident brought to his life
The family has waged a campaign ever since
I watched the entire dashcam video.. which does not show the actual shooting.. off camera you can see shadows of what appears to be a struggle out of view
There are posters calling for the death and murder of police on this forum... I would hope all of you that monitor us could please ... monitor these comments and remember ... wen and lu of NYPD were murdered by some psycho who got all worked up on the internet.
Thank you very much

Old 05-01-2015, 06:40 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Cool So there are charges.... Hit the snooze button....

So six cops were charged today, so what? It's my guess that these charges are at the least, if not wholly politically motivated. Especially after the S.A.'s comments after the charges were read.

All these fools out there partying,dancing and politicians slapping themselves on the back for what? Oh, I know the riots will stop (for now).
Let's see what can be proven at trial, I'll bet most of those charges will not be upheld except civilly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events