U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2015, 08:07 AM

27,995 posts, read 19,677,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So six cops were charged today, so what? It's my guess that these charges are at the least, if not wholly politically motivated. Especially after the S.A.'s comments after the charges were read.

All these fools out there partying,dancing and politicians slapping themselves on the back for what? Oh, I know the riots will stop (for now).
Let's see what can be proven at trial, I'll bet most of those charges will not be upheld except civilly.
On what do you base this guess?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Politically motivated how? Freddie Gray died, he was young and healthy, he didn't kill himself. The autopsy reports that his death was the result of homicide, who besides the 6 charged could have had anything to do with it? Did some big bad boogeyman sneak in the van and snap his neck then run away without the cops knowing it? Honestly I hate wasting time responding to comments like yours but I refuse to let people talk smack without challenging it.
I agree.

People make these empty, talking point statements yet fail to follow up with any substance.

"I think these charges are politically motivated."

Great. Why do you think that? Who would be involved in this politically motivated move? Why? What have you seen or read that would lead you to believe this? If the officers aren't at least suspicious in their actions, then what happened to Freddie Gray? How do you believe he died?

Old 05-02-2015, 08:11 AM

1,077 posts, read 650,190 times
[quote=Magritte25;39456627]I agree.

People make these empty, talking point statements yet fail to follow up with any substance.

Great. Why do you think that? Who would be involved in this politically motivated move? Why? What have you seen or read that would lead you to believe this? If the officers aren't at least suspicious in their actions, then what happened to Freddie Gray? How do you believe he died?[/quote]

BBM

Some believe FG's injuries were self inflicted.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Agree... do you think the officers in this case will get any semblance of a fair trial based upon statements of the prosecutor... the mayor... and others ?
Its funny that you are worried about these cops getting a fair trial. From what I've seen their trials are anything but fair but not in the way you seem to think.

Furthermore, are you just as worried about the thousands of poor suspects who can't afford attorneys getting fair trials? Somehow I doubt it.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
Of course they'll get a fair trial. They are police with money & a union, not guilty black skells.
BOOM. Nailed it.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I agree.

Great. Why do you think that? Who would be involved in this politically motivated move? Why? What have you seen or read that would lead you to believe this? If the officers aren't at least suspicious in their actions, then what happened to Freddie Gray? [b]How do you believe he died?

BBM

What does BBM mean?

Old 05-02-2015, 08:15 AM

Quote:

There are many different types of complications that can result from injuries
to the spinal cord that can lead to death,” Witham said.

The term “blunt force trauma” has been used to describe the injuries Gray
suffered sometime between a chase with Baltimore Police officers and his ride in
a police van.

“When someone says blunt force trauma, what does that actually mean,”
Baltimore Police Commissioner Anthony Batts said in an interview with ABC2 News
Friday afternoon. “Does that come from a person falling? Does that come from
striking an individual? Does that come from pulling a head back? Does that come
from twisting the neck?”

Gray’s spinal cord was severed by nearly 80 percent, officials said.

“Typically we would a spinal cord injury or severe spinal cord injury in the
setting of a high speed type of injury – a motor vehicle accident, sporting
injuries, falls that are significant,” Witham said.
Hopkins doctors explains spinal injury severity amid Freddie Gray death investigation - ABC2News.com

Video of this doctor at link.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:04 AM

22,947 posts, read 21,506,574 times
[quote=Amythyst;39456635]
Quote:
I agree.

Great. Why do you think that? Who would be involved in this politically motivated move? Why? What have you seen or read that would lead you to believe this? If the officers aren't at least suspicious in their actions, then what happened to Freddie Gray? How do you believe he died?[/quote]

BBM

What leads me to believe the charges were partially if not totally political in nature was the statements the S.A. made at the end of reading the charges and to a lesser point that she never indicated where or how the injuries happened as is usual.

Just so it's understood, what I mean by politically motivated I mean the depth and breadth of the charges are being used to shut down the rioting and mollify the public (saving the city money on policing) AND to lend cover to her should a jury find them not guilty with the inevitable "the jury has spoken".

There's now (last night) more information being stated by police officers that if true could seriously damage the states case.
If this information is proven true (toxicology results,probable cause for arrest) one would wonder why it hasn't been revealed sooner.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
What does BBM mean?

Bolded By Me.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:13 AM

[quote=jimj;39457189]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post

What leads me to believe the charges were partially if not totally political in nature was the statements the S.A. made at the end of reading the charges and to a lesser point that she never indicated where or how the injuries happened as is usual.

Just so it's understood, what I mean by politically motivated I mean the depth and breadth of the charges are being used to shut down the rioting and mollify the public (saving the city money on policing) AND to lend cover to her should a jury find them not guilty with the inevitable "the jury has spoken".

There's now (last night) more information being stated by police officers that if true could seriously damage the states case.
If this information is proven true (toxicology results,probable cause for arrest) one would wonder why it hasn't been revealed sooner.

SA Mosley detailed each role of the Xofficers involved.

State's Attorney details roles of each of 6 charged officers , you can find it at the below link.

State's Attorney details roles of each of 6 charged officers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or