U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-02-2015, 05:02 PM
 
1,077 posts, read 650,503 times
Reputation: 1636

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Is there a rule that says someone can't mention President's name in this topic?
Well, yes. Top of CE forum says nothing political in the current events forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-02-2015, 05:12 PM
 
Location: zooland 1
3,744 posts, read 3,279,384 times
Reputation: 5495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Well, yes. Top of CE forum says nothing political in the current events forum.
Nanny state.. go complain if it suits you... or deal with it like an adult please...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 05:16 PM
 
38,353 posts, read 15,386,340 times
Reputation: 16929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Well, yes. Top of CE forum says nothing political in the current events forum.
I disagree that mentioning Obama's name is political. However is this is what you think and know this to be answer, then why did you ask?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 05:16 PM
 
1,077 posts, read 650,503 times
Reputation: 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Because as OP it is my prerogative as the thread morphs...as it has... now... sit back and watch or add to the discussion

What happened to freddy grey has become a calling cry for change in our judicial system... as a part of that change Obama has already exerted Federal control over meany departments through lawsuits and charges of racism... which amazingly is also alleged here

Probable cause...?... we know what we are being told which is scant factual information ...
We also see a drumbeat of wholly inappropriate "I hear you"

Justice only hears the truth///

You agree?


Thanks
In the current events forum there is to be no politics. I stay clear of politics and religion threads.

BBM

Not just the judicial system but the Police departments nationwide and this call is going on longer than just FG.

I believe it's time for more retraining, a look at the techniques used when apprehending someone, techniques used when taking someone down and when fleeing, let them go. They knew who Freddie Gray was, he ran away, you'll get to him another day. I think it's more of the brutality that is witnessed time after time.

As someone else said, we all are one race, the human race.

I also wonder if an LEO is too long on the same beat, they become calloused, they get mentally burnt out and judgment, stability and self control is lost. When a person is asking for a medic, the officer should summon one and not act like he's deaf or think this guy/gal is faking it.

This time I believe all involved were negligent in their duties to transfer a person to the precinct and didn't take care or us safety in doing so, which led to this horrific death. FG's injury is actually akin to a hanging with the internal decapitation at the cervical spine.

So if anyone is to blame, it's those 6 Xofficers who didn't care a darn about Freddie Gray's screams for medical assistance.

I also believe not all officers are bad, just some and those who are good officers should get those bad ones out and tear down that blue wall of silence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 05:23 PM
 
Location: zooland 1
3,744 posts, read 3,279,384 times
Reputation: 5495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
In the current events forum there is to be no politics. I stay clear of politics and religion threads.

BBM

Not just the judicial system but the Police departments nationwide and this call is going on longer than just FG.

I believe it's time for more retraining, a look at the techniques used when apprehending someone, techniques used when taking someone down and when fleeing, let them go. They knew who Freddie Gray was, he ran away, you'll get to him another day. I think it's more of the brutality that is witnessed time after time.

As someone else said, we all are one race, the human race.

I also wonder if an LEO is too long on the same beat, they become calloused, they get mentally burnt out and judgment, stability and self control is lost. When a person is asking for a medic, the officer should summon one and not act like he's deaf or think this guy/gal is faking it.

This time I believe all involved were negligent in their duties to transfer a person to the precinct and didn't take care or us safety in doing so, which led to this horrific death. FG's injury is actually akin to a hanging with the internal decapitation at the cervical spine.

So if anyone is to blame, it's those 6 Xofficers who didn't care a darn about Freddie Gray's screams for medical assistance.

I also believe not all officers are bad, just some and those who are good officers should get those bad ones out and tear down that blue wall of silence.
I have no problem calling fire rescue any time and getting an ok for booking from them.. saves me getting to the station and having me then have to take a prisoner to the hospital... I also want to protect myself .. my department.. the public from frivolous lawsuits.. which is why I wore a tape recorder when I started and a bodycam years ago before they were even well known,,, suspects attorneys hated me when their little angels were exposed as thugsters
that being said... prisoners do fake injuries all the time because they have been trained by the system... but i dont put that on my back...I dont have to.. we have policy... and so does Baltimore... and apparently theirs is similar.. and they stated .. or at least their brass did.. that they violated it... that does not mean murder... but the DA said it was depraved indifference to life and was.. I disagree.. or at least I disagree until we get to see the weight of the evidence

The Da's statements to the public have been prejudicial... a first year attorney knows this.. she should be ashamed.. if these officers are guilty she is already setting up grounds for appeal if there is an conviction.. sloppy on her part... especially in such a high profile case

We are all one race... yea.. I guess.. but Ive seen some sub human behavior that leads me to the inescapable conclusion one size does NOT fit all. I also disagree there is a systemic problem... other than we are watching what its like to have the world be in chaos through awful leadership at many levels

Will you be using the word KKK and lynching next?

Last edited by notmeofficer; 05-02-2015 at 05:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 05:35 PM
 
1,077 posts, read 650,503 times
Reputation: 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I have no problem calling fire rescue anytime and getting an ok for booking from them.. saves me getting to the station and having me then have to take a prisoner to the hospital...
that being said... prisoners do fake injuries all the time because they have been trained by the system... but i dont put that on my back...I dont have to.. we have policy... and so does Baltimore... and apparently theirs is similar.. and they stated .. or at least their brass did.. that they violated it... that does not mean murder... but the DA said it was depraved indifference to life and was.. I disagree.. or at least I disagree until we get to see the weight of the evidence

The Da's statements to the public have been prejudicial... a first year attorney knows this.. she should be ashamed.. if these officers are guilty she is already setting up grounds for appeal if there is an conviction.. sloppy on her part... especially in such a high profile case

We are all one race... yea.. I guess.. but Ive seen some sub human behavior that leads me to the inescapable conclusion one size does NOT fit all. I also disagree there is a systemic problem... other than we are watching what its like to have the world be in chaos through awful leadership at many levels

BBM

Who is trained to know when it's a fake injury an when it's real, just like with FG? FG's injuries were severe enough to render him in a coma, so the missteps and mistakes this Xofficer's made, they will now pay the price.

SA Mosley has a responsibility to stand up for the victims and that is what she did. She didn't drag her feet or wait to take this to a Grand Jury for this is not a premeditated murder but one of dereliction of duties.

I believe thru her investigation she had enough evidence for probable cause for arrest. She seems to have thrown every charge she could, just as officer's do when they can.

We'll see how this goes, what sticks and what gets thrown out.

I feel SA Mosley's passion, especially with how and why Freddie Gray suffered a severed spinal cord and crushed larynx. I applaud her!

Last edited by Amythyst; 05-02-2015 at 05:36 PM.. Reason: sp error
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 06:11 PM
 
468 posts, read 432,995 times
Reputation: 1114
WoW, did you see all those "radical TEA partiers" burning and looting Baltimore!

So do these radical reverse racist make the Obama DHS list of "domestic terrorist"???

On thing is an actual fact: Freddie was a cop informant on the Brothers. like race hustler Al Sharpton who was/is an FBI informant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 06:22 PM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
27,364 posts, read 15,087,470 times
Reputation: 20908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Well, yes. Top of CE forum says nothing political in the current events forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Nanny state.. go complain if it suits you... or deal with it like an adult please...
We get it. The rules don't apply to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 06:23 PM
 
Location: Canada
5,802 posts, read 2,159,971 times
Reputation: 5195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron1022 View Post
WoW, did you see all those "radical TEA partiers" burning and looting Baltimore!

So do these radical reverse racist make the Obama DHS list of "domestic terrorist"???

On thing is an actual fact: Freddie was a cop informant on the Brothers. like race hustler Al Sharpton who was/is an FBI informant.
Do you actually have a corroborated document to prove said fact...It's nothing but hearsay from a questionable source..Unable to find anything other than the "Cop Spin Machine" spreading rumours ...just like switchblade..just like he was dealing drugs when arrested..Just like he was trying to hurt himself inside that metal compartment sealed and only visual to driver of van....ALL of these theories or spread as TRUTH/Facts have already been debunked....

Baltimore Cop Just Dropped CRAZY News About Freddie Gray
SNip~~ Note "Friend of Police Officers"...SMH Desperate or what???
A friend of the Baltimore officers involved in Freddie Gray’s arrest told Fox News Friday night that Gray often served as a police “witness” and assisted the department in solving “many crimes.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2015, 07:19 PM
 
Location: zooland 1
3,744 posts, read 3,279,384 times
Reputation: 5495
Hey folks
I'm going to close my comments on this thread
Thanks for all the participation .. at this point with so many Freddy threads going its getting pretty saturated... and the same things are getting repeated

Mods... you can close this one if you like

Thanks all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top