U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 09:35 PM

5,941 posts, read 2,500,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
That same takedown technique is used thousands of times a month without any injuries to the cops or the suspects, it's usually not "brutal" and from what I've seen is only used when the suspect refuses to cooperate.

It's not about "sensitivity" but about hardening when dealing with the same people day in and day out doing the same things that put them in jail the last 50 times. I don't know the answer to avoiding that hardening at this point.

As for denying medical help? I get that a lot of suspects pull that just to avoid going to the jail, the hospital is real nice compared to booking and you could spend hours there.
Maybe an idea would to be to put a paramedic on those vans that could evaluate the prisoners as they're put inside?
Then its time for Police to rethink these techniques, because we are see way to may instances where people are being hurt, maimed, or killed. One case is enough for that.

If you have a Cop that's a hardnosed Storm Trooper, its time to get rid of them, and get a Person in there that is not going to make false arrests, kidnap people off the streets, and kill them, just because they can, or make up their own Laws. .

The answer is to do what the Police are required to do. If a person is hurt, you call a Medic. Its not Rocket Science. Would not have cost any of them a single cent. If you choose not to do that, and want to play "Doctor" because you think its not needed, then you suffer the consequences. Like the Police that where charged.

All any of them had to do was choose to make that radio call. Period. Instead, they, they critically injured him, and let him die, uncaring. "Depraved Heart." Some one needs to pay for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 09:38 PM

27,315 posts, read 11,418,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Sorry, I got into following your lead. I think your attacking everyone's intelligence .

Seems you have to make up things that are not facts, and smear victims with garbage from "unidentified" sources that can not be confirmed, to make the Police look like the victims. If I where you, I would not make comments about "facts" since you don't seem to come up with many, unless its from an "Unidentified" source. There is a difference between Propaganda and Discussion. Carry on...
it's a lost cause, I won't engage him anymore, he will attack you for offering an opinion and in the next sentence offer another of his 'opinions' I have better things to do...

Old 05-04-2015, 09:53 PM

5,941 posts, read 2,500,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
it's a lost cause, I won't engage him anymore, he will attack you for offering an opinion and in the next sentence offer another of his 'opinions' I have better things to do...
Me too, Like writing to the Prosecuting Attorney, praising the Job she did, and asking my Congressman why Criminal Federal Civil Rights Violation charges have not been filed.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:07 AM

22,947 posts, read 21,512,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Me too, Like writing to the Prosecuting Attorney, praising the Job she did, and asking my Congressman why Criminal Federal Civil Rights Violation charges have not been filed.
Bye bye...

Old 05-05-2015, 11:12 AM

8,401 posts, read 9,560,582 times
Wow, you know cops get upset and sue to. They get hurt by coffee and file charges, but yet get angry when someone wants to sue over excessive beating it's over the top lawsuit happy. Say what!
Cop sues Starbucks after free coffee spills, burns him | New York Post

attorneys said in court Monday that Matthew Kohr should be compensated for burns, blisters and emotional damage caused after the officer spilled a cup of coffee in his lap in 2012.

I bet he wins.....

Old 09-03-2015, 03:37 PM

2,850 posts, read 770,647 times
I found this on LiveLeak and found it hysterical!

Enjoy!

LiveLeak.com - The Blakey Bunch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or