U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-29-2015, 11:39 AM
 
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
7,142 posts, read 8,536,455 times
Reputation: 7708

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
How can a 'paralyzed' man climb up into the van, while using his own legs to climb into it?
He didn't climb up. They drug him to the van and threw him in like a sack of potatoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-29-2015, 12:52 PM
 
Location: Suffolk, Va
3,029 posts, read 2,051,595 times
Reputation: 1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Sorry, but Mike Brown was a justified shooting. Even the Eric Holder DOJ could not find something wrong with the way it all went down.

Assault a cop, try and take his weapon and you will be shot.

Blacks need to pick their Battles more wisely. People get tired of the protests when they won't even let the process take place.
we will battle any and all injustice. of course racists get tired of hearing about injustice. who cares what people like you get tired of? you were a racist before and you'll continue to be a racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2015, 12:58 PM
 
Location: Suffolk, Va
3,029 posts, read 2,051,595 times
Reputation: 1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Of course he didn't deserved to "be killed". But he wasn't "killed", he died while in custody because of an accident.

But it's a fact that he wouldn't have "been killed" if he 1) hadn't run, 2) didn't have an illegal blade, 3) hadn't resisted arrest.
he died from injuries caused by the police. they killed him, no quotation marks. the police have killed/maimed seniors and children throughout the nation who 1 didn't run 2 don't have "illegal" blades 3 don't resist arrest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2015, 01:04 PM
 
Location: Suffolk, Va
3,029 posts, read 2,051,595 times
Reputation: 1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
Mike brown was 100% at fault we don't need to discuss this further

Trayvon was not killed by a cop but by a random citizen who I think should be in jail since he instigated the event.

Rice kid was brandishing a gun even if it wasn't a gun.


you need to get a grip on reality sir.
it is not established fact that Brown was at fault. Perhaps the truth would have come out at trial, had there been one. You have obviously not seen the video of Tamir Rice being shot. The "gun" was pointed towards the ground. He was not given the chance to drop the gun. Open carry is legal in Ohio, though obviously not for black boys or men (John Crawford III). I need to get a grip on what? Your uninformed narrative?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2015, 01:07 PM
 
Location: Suffolk, Va
3,029 posts, read 2,051,595 times
Reputation: 1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
Which ones?
John Crawford III, Darrien Hunt, Tamir Rice for starters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2015, 01:08 PM
 
Location: Austin TX
4,852 posts, read 3,060,942 times
Reputation: 7069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
it is not established fact that Brown was at fault. Perhaps the truth would have come out at trial, had there been one. You have obviously not seen the video of Tamir Rice being shot. The "gun" was pointed towards the ground. He was not given the chance to drop the gun. Open carry is legal in Ohio, though obviously not for black boys or men (John Crawford III). I need to get a grip on what? Your uninformed narrative?
A Grand Jury heard the evidence and determined there was no fault at the hand of the Ferguson Police in the Brown event. In the everyday world this means no trial. Black people do not get special privilege just because they feel justice means "a good result" for them.

Open Carry in Ohio is legal for adults ages 18 and over. Tamir Rice was not legally allowed to carry a gun.

You are very uninformed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2015, 01:13 PM
 
Location: Suffolk, Va
3,029 posts, read 2,051,595 times
Reputation: 1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
A Grand Jury heard the evidence and determined there was no fault at the hand of the Ferguson Police in the Brown event. In the everyday world this means no trial. Black people do not get special privilege just because they feel justice means "a good result" for them.

Open Carry in Ohio is legal for adults ages 18 and over. Tamir Rice was not legally allowed to carry a gun.

You are very uninformed.
nope. that's not what a grand jury does. they don't decide if one is guilty or innocent, only if the DA has presented enough evidence to warrant a trial. and, of course, we know this DA had no intention of taking the case to trial.

apparently, the cop thought that Tamir Rice was 20, so your excuse is as lame as his.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2015, 01:16 PM
 
Location: Austin TX
4,852 posts, read 3,060,942 times
Reputation: 7069
I'm aware of what a Grand Jury does and did not indicate a guilty or not-guilty verdict, only that they found no fault which means no basis for a trial. I'm sorry I did not spell that out more clearly for you.

I also did not purport to know what was in the mind of the cop who shot Rice. I only reported on the actual state law concerning open carry after you posted that it was legal to carry a gun.

The only lame thing I see here is your extremely-defensive responses to anyone who disagrees with your narrative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2015, 01:17 PM
 
Location: Suffolk, Va
3,029 posts, read 2,051,595 times
Reputation: 1955
"Shots fired, male down, black male, maybe 20,"
Cleveland police shot and killed black 12-year-old Tamir Rice as he carried a toy gun - Vox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2015, 01:24 PM
 
Location: Suffolk, Va
3,029 posts, read 2,051,595 times
Reputation: 1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I'm aware of what a Grand Jury does and did not indicate a guilty or not-guilty verdict, only that they found no fault which means no basis for a trial. I'm sorry I did not spell that out more clearly for you.

I also did not purport to know what was in the mind of the cop who shot Rice. I only reported on the actual state law concerning open carry after you posted that it was legal to carry a gun.

The only lame thing I see here is your extremely-defensive responses to anyone who disagrees with your narrative.
it's apparent that things do need to be spelled out to you. you obviously suggested that, because Tamir Rice was under 18, he was breaking the law, and therefore played a part in his own demise. now you are backpedaling. why else would you bring up his age? Either you are intellectually dishonest or just plain dumb.

grand juries don't decide fault. period.
The grand jury plays an important role in the criminal process, but not one that involves a finding of guilt or punishment of a party. Instead, a prosecutor will work with a grand jury to decide whether to bring criminal charges or an indictment against a potential defendant -- usually reserved for serious felonies.

don't reply to me with nonsense if you don't like "defensive" factual responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top