Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 09:46 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,705,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
I question the source, especially since nobody else but fringe right-wing sites and blogs are reporting this. I try to keep and an open mind, if this is legitimate, I would expect it to be picked up by some other media as well. Even if it is legit, in the grand scheme of things, the police are still guilty of neglect.

When a guy says he needs medical attention, you get him medical attention and then figure out the rest later. Unless these guys were mind-readers, you really don't know who is just malingering and who is genuinely in need of treatment. If its true that he was coming off a recent spine surgery, then the pain he went through would still have been agonizing.

Good post!
When you have the reputation that white cops have in black america and you find a way to have a black suspect die in your custody, its not going to go over too well with some people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 09:50 PM

8,104 posts, read 6,747,285 times
Quote:
I question the source, especially since nobody else but fringe right-wing sites and blogs are reporting this. I try to keep and an open mind, if this is legitimate, I would expect it to be picked up by some other media as well. Even if it is legit, in the grand scheme of things, the police are still guilty of neglect.

When a guy says he needs medical attention, you get him medical attention and then figure out the rest later. Unless these police officers were mind-readers, you really don't know who is just malingering and who is genuinely in need of treatment. If its true that he was coming off a recent spine surgery, then the pain he went through would have been agonizing.
You know as well as I do that the media reports what it wants regardless of facts, kinda what you just did in stating as if it were fact that the police are guilty if something. Also neither one of us were there and we don't know how FG was injured.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:58 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
It's Freddie's fault that he is dead, maybe he should not have gotten arrested over and over again.

FREDDIE GRAY'S ARREST RECORD: Here's The Rap Sheet Of The Dude They're Destroying Baltimore Over | Doug Giles | #ClashDaily

yes, he should have known if he had enough run-ins with the savage cops for his NON VIOLENT arrests, that they would murder him eventually. lay with dogs...or is it pigs

Old 04-28-2015, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
In almost everyone of these police incidents the perp had a long rap sheet, ran, and or resisted arrest.
yes, i remember when Mike Brown, Trayvon and Tamir Rice went to Rikers that time

Old 04-28-2015, 10:01 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,685,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
yes, he should have known if he had enough run-ins with the savage cops for his NON VIOLENT arrests, that they would murder him eventually. lay with dogs...or is it pigs

It might have behooved him after his first few arrests....to you know, stop breaking the law.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:02 PM

so peachtree was suing him?

Old 04-28-2015, 10:04 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,685,057 times
Quote:
so peachtree was suing him?

That's the part that confuses me, it has him listed as a defendant and Peachtree as a plaintiff with an attorney listed but there's no actual case listed such as in the matter of Peachtree vs Gray....etc...

Old 04-28-2015, 10:05 PM

Quote:
It might have behooved him after his first few arrests....to you know, stop breaking the law.
so he deserved to be killed for non violent arrests, some not even convictions, is that what you're trying to say? i agree in that black men should minimize their interactions with cops for their own safety.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:06 PM

8,104 posts, read 6,747,285 times
Quote:
yes, i remember when Mike Brown, Trayvon and Tamir Rice went to Rikers that time
Get a grip man, what on earth are you referring to?

Old 04-28-2015, 10:08 PM

23,498 posts, read 12,502,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
On one hand you question my link, then you make an accusation as if it was fact and without a link.
The OP did say "from dubious sources"

Doing a fast scan at the court records online, there is a listing where Freddie Gray (and a sibling) sued for damages resulting from lead paint in the rental house that they lived in. Since there are 'so many' listings for Freddie Gray, though most of them for criminal cases, I may have overlooked a suit initiated by Gray for damages from a spinal injury.

'I'd mentioned before' that Gray looked injured when the cops picked him up off of the concrete (I don't have a clue how he ended up on the ground or his body position as he hit the ground), but by the time they got him to the van he was under his own power--the mayor even stated that Gray was able-bodied before being loaded into the van - yeah, no, I don't believe he was able-bodied (jmo from watching the video). But, since he appeared to be capable of entering the van on his own then the cops may have also thought he was 'able-bodied' and he was claiming injury to stall them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events