U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-29-2015, 09:05 AM
 
Location: Cape Cod
9,923 posts, read 7,189,607 times
Reputation: 18145

Advertisements

Baltimore and America needs more of this. We need more people to take up the task of leading youth to be positive members of society.

In Baltimore protests, 300 Men group aims to be 'neutral force'


When you think about the looters they are mostly 15 to 25 year old degenerates raised without strong parental figures and positive influences. Instead they are raised on the street and learn about life from other bad influences like drug dealers, criminals, ex cons, pimps and the police are automatic enemies. Other influences on these young minds are violent video games and movies where the guy with the gun gets the girls and the money.

Little Freddie was arrested 25 times. Is this normal for a inner city young male?

We all saw the mother of that 15 year old kid who was dressed like a member of isis pull him off the street and slap him around sending him home. With a mom like that that one kid might get it and remove himself from the street influence.

The members of the 300 men group all get it, they survived the streets and now want to bring a sense of society to their neighborhoods and that is terrific.
The trouble with these young looters is they don't get it. They are too short sighted to understand that they are tearing up their hood and hurting their own people.

Perhaps these 300 men can share their experience and show them the way to becoming a positive member of society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-29-2015, 09:08 AM
 
Location: Annandale, VA
5,098 posts, read 4,138,653 times
Reputation: 4199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Baltimore and America needs more of this. We need more people to take up the task of leading youth to be positive members of society.

In Baltimore protests, 300 Men group aims to be 'neutral force'


When you think about the looters they are mostly 15 to 25 year old degenerates raised without strong parental figures and positive influences. Instead they are raised on the street and learn about life from other bad influences like drug dealers, criminals, ex cons, pimps and the police are automatic enemies. Other influences on these young minds are violent video games and movies where the guy with the gun gets the girls and the money.

Little Freddie was arrested 25 times. Is this normal for a inner city young male?

We all saw the mother of that 15 year old kid who was dressed like a member of isis pull him off the street and slap him around sending him home. With a mom like that that one kid might get it and remove himself from the street influence.

The members of the 300 men group all get it, they survived the streets and now want to bring a sense of society to their neighborhoods and that is terrific.
The trouble with these young looters is they don't get it. They are too short sighted to understand that they are tearing up their hood and hurting their own people.

Perhaps these 300 men can share their experience and show them the way to becoming a positive member of society.

There should be a law that says if you are arrested more than 4 times, you are exterminated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2015, 09:15 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 70,086,609 times
Reputation: 27524
What you saw was a reaction.

Prevention goes a lot further. Sadly not many in these communities volunteer in the schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2015, 09:56 AM
 
28,411 posts, read 14,234,018 times
Reputation: 19546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
There should be a law that says if you are arrested more than 4 times, you are exterminated.
A friend of mine, who is a dentist, was arrested about six times for minor in possession. He was ticketed a bunch of times for it as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2015, 11:02 AM
 
1,112 posts, read 809,270 times
Reputation: 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
There should be a law that says if you are arrested more than 4 times, you are exterminated.
No, there should not be a law like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2015, 11:06 AM
 
Location: Sarasota, FL
2,604 posts, read 1,397,291 times
Reputation: 4875
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber_wocky View Post
No, there should not be a law like that.
How about: if you are arrested for a violent offense (using or threatening violence) more than twice, you serve your full term with no possibility of probation or early parole?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2015, 11:08 AM
 
Location: Seminole County, FL
7,824 posts, read 5,404,771 times
Reputation: 9543
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
A friend of mine, who is a dentist, was arrested about six times for minor in possession. He was ticketed a bunch of times for it as well.
I know quite a few people like that.
Not all arrests are for major offenses.
As a matter-of-fact, pretty much ANYONE can be arrested. For instance: Had 2 beers? DUI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2015, 11:09 AM
 
1,188 posts, read 1,056,207 times
Reputation: 2083
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
How about: if you are arrested for a violent offense (using or threatening violence) more than twice, you serve your full term with no possibility of probation or early parole?
You mean, laws just like the 3 strikes laws that already exist in 26 states including Maryland?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2015, 11:13 AM
 
Location: Sarasota, FL
2,604 posts, read 1,397,291 times
Reputation: 4875
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
You mean, laws just like the 3 strikes laws that already exist in 26 states including Maryland?
They should be enacted in all states. I am constantly reading about people that are convicted and then released early to get arrested and convicted again; I understand that a large percentage of crime is committed by recividists.

I don't have a problem with giving somebody -- particularly a young person -- a second chance, but it seems obvious that the way to prevent violence is to make people think twice, and if they don't think twice, remove them from the rest of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2015, 11:15 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 70,086,609 times
Reputation: 27524
It's a revolving door folks. They wear their number of convictions like a badge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top