U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-30-2015, 09:19 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
615 posts, read 345,317 times
Reputation: 1337

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
You are indeed correct. This is all about race. If freddie gray were white, he would not have been physically abused and killed. In the ND oil fields, and most high plains towns, there are problem repeat offenders with rap sheets of minor offenses longer than Freddie Gray. Often they have worse offenses, usually including domestic abuse and multiple DUIs. However, they are never beaten up and murdered by the local cops. Even the hardcore criminals in these towns, like the meth dealers, con artists and rapists are never treated in that manner. Because they are white.
Was going to say the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-30-2015, 09:22 AM
 
1,188 posts, read 1,063,489 times
Reputation: 2083
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
How's decades of social assistance working out for black Americans?

Notice that countries without any social assistance don't have riots and immigrants are working to survive and they come to this country to work and thrive.
Which countries would those be? Every other country with a viable economy has a much more comprehensive social welfare system than the USA does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2015, 09:31 AM
 
Location: Nescopeck, Penna. (birthplace)
11,494 posts, read 6,916,131 times
Reputation: 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
How's decades of social assistance working out for black Americans?

Notice that countries without any social assistance don't have riots and immigrants are working to survive and they come to this country to work and thrive.
So the obvious cure would be further restrictions on the availability of social insurance; not outright cuts, but intensified efforts to locate the "unwed fathers" who are the biggest cause of the problem. Not to mention the "gangsta" culture that spawns and encourages them.

What most of these germs need is a fast trip to a place where they can't get out, liquor and drugs can't get in, and low-life lawyers can't get in without investing a lot more of their own time and effort. If some so-called progressive wants to characterize that as a "concentration camp" - I really could not care less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2015, 10:35 AM
 
9,435 posts, read 8,530,883 times
Reputation: 5604
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
You are indeed correct. This is all about race. If freddie gray were white, he would not have been physically abused and killed. In the ND oil fields, and most high plains towns, there are problem repeat offenders with rap sheets of minor offenses longer than Freddie Gray. Often they have worse offenses, usually including domestic abuse and multiple DUIs. However, they are never beaten up and murdered by the local cops. Even the hardcore criminals in these towns, like the meth dealers, con artists and rapists are never treated in that manner. Because they are white.
How do YOU know for sure how "Freddie Gray" was treated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2015, 10:55 AM
 
6,797 posts, read 6,657,489 times
Reputation: 5416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
Which countries would those be? Every other country with a viable economy has a much more comprehensive social welfare system than the USA does.
This. France and Britain, 2 countries with a somewhat significant black population, have a social welfare system, yet don't anything like this happen in those countries.

There's got to be a reason it's happening in America. The obvious differential between America and those countries is a country built on slavery and discrimination. France and Britain weren't built on slavery, nor was it as significant, plus most of their black population are immigrants anyway so they CHOSE to go to that country. If you're going to spend a lot of effort to immigrate to a country, you're going to put in a lot of effort to make your life better. Your kids will see this and they in turn will put in the effort. That's how a culture of hard work begins, similar to the Asian immigrants and their offspring here in America.

The white communities of France and Britain generally don't have a problem with their black populations and the black population certainly don't commit as much crime as the Black America population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2015, 11:08 AM
 
Location: Gods country
5,386 posts, read 4,074,574 times
Reputation: 7466
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Let them burn, loot, destroy their own neighborhoods and kill each other.

All of this is the logical outcome of liberal Democrats and leftists running major American cities like Detroit, Oakland, LA, Baltimore, etc., for decades.

Just stay out of it.

The cops themselves should also stay out of it.

They get no support from the democrook politicians who run those cities.

Vote Republican if you don't want this in your own neck of the woods.
I have said it before and I'll say it again PD should stay out of the afairs of these communities and let the savages consume each other. They are really just a lost cause and they themselves would rather have it this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2015, 02:30 PM
 
Location: Floribama
13,753 posts, read 29,766,417 times
Reputation: 12271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
This. France and Britain, 2 countries with a somewhat significant black population, have a social welfare system, yet don't anything like this happen in those countries.

There's got to be a reason it's happening in America. The obvious differential between America and those countries is a country built on slavery and discrimination. France and Britain weren't built on slavery, nor was it as significant, plus most of their black population are immigrants anyway so they CHOSE to go to that country. If you're going to spend a lot of effort to immigrate to a country, you're going to put in a lot of effort to make your life better. Your kids will see this and they in turn will put in the effort. That's how a culture of hard work begins, similar to the Asian immigrants and their offspring here in America.

The white communities of France and Britain generally don't have a problem with their black populations and the black population certainly don't commit as much crime as the Black America population.

Didn't France just have minority "youths" rioting in Paris a couple of years ago? They weren't black (they were Arab), but still, it supposedly was for the same reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2015, 02:49 PM
 
Location: Sioux Falls, SD area
2,963 posts, read 4,413,770 times
Reputation: 4897
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2015, 02:55 PM
 
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
7,142 posts, read 8,517,452 times
Reputation: 7708
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
How do YOU know for sure how "Freddie Gray" was treated?
Videos of it were posted on the internetz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2015, 03:09 PM
 
1,056 posts, read 887,722 times
Reputation: 2407
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
You are indeed correct. This is all about race. If freddie gray were white, he would not have been physically abused and killed. In the ND oil fields, and most high plains towns, there are problem repeat offenders with rap sheets of minor offenses longer than Freddie Gray. Often they have worse offenses, usually including domestic abuse and multiple DUIs. However, they are never beaten up and murdered by the local cops. Even the hardcore criminals in these towns, like the meth dealers, con artists and rapists are never treated in that manner. Because they are white.
Policing in a sparsely populated northern state is completely different than policing in a large high crime urban area. Not a good comparison and it doesn't have anything to do with color. Police in sparsely populated areas have to police in a different manner and have less offenders to deal with. If a group of blacks showed up on the ND oil fields and started committing crimes, the police wouldn't start killing them either.

The thing that most criminals of any color other than black have figured out to keep themselves from getting shot by police: cooperate and be polite if stopped by police and don't resist arrest. Don't run and don't resist arrest and you have a zero percent chance of being killed by police. For some reason black criminals seem to not be able to figure this out and so they keep getting shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top