Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 04:16 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times

Advertisements

[url=http://crooksandliars.com/2015/06/walking-purpose-now-punishable-death]Walking 'With Purpose' Now Punishable By The Death Penalty In Iowa | Crooks and Liars[/url]

I already asked if there was a thread about an unarmed man shot to death by a cop in Des Moines on 2 other threads, since I've been unable find one and didn't want to start a duplicate thread. If this is a duplicate, I apologize, but most of the threads I've found here are about the Duggars, Bruce Jenner and the pool party in McKinney.

What about 28 year old Ryan Keith Bolinger? Why is his life any less important than a group of misbehaving teenagers who weren't even injured? Why is his story less important than someone who decides to be a woman at 65 and turns it into a Reality Show?

Where are the protests? Where are the lawyers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2015, 04:28 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,953,123 times
Why is it that it is always some stupid idiot that wants to play silly games with the cops?

Old 06-14-2015, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Why is it that it is always some stupid idiot that wants to play silly games with the cops?
So you are blaming the victim and saying he caused his own death?

Old 06-14-2015, 04:43 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,812,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Why is it when an LEO blows away an unarmed person for the oh-so-threatening behavior of having, and I quote the Des Moines Police, 'walked with purpose' towards the officer, legions of police apologists descend to begin rationalizing the killing of the unarmed person?

Is that really the America in which you want to live? One in which the government decides "Hey, that person's walking towards one of us in a way we don't like - kill him!"?

It must be, considering how eager you are to run interference for those agents of the state who do precisely that.

Old 06-14-2015, 04:44 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,893 times
Another rhetorical question based on race, gee what a shocker...

Of course his and everyone else's life matters. If you feel that there should be protests in the name of his death than why are you sitting here? You should be taking action.

Who said his life was "less important"?

Unbelievable.

Old 06-14-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post

If you read the article then you would know that what he did was ridiculous. He should have minded his own business. He chose to get involved with something that was not his business, then led police on a low-speed chase, jumping out of the car and running at the pursuing police vehicles. Yes! He brought on his problems.

Old 06-14-2015, 04:45 PM

19,838 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Nancy, it is hard to tell what this guy was doing. Not just the minute before he was shot but the entire bizarre pulling up to officers doing a traffic stop on another car, the car chase, rushing the police vehicle, etc. It is very strange behavior and I am curious what the autopsy will show (besides the obvious).

Old 06-14-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Another rhetorical question based on race, gee what a shocker...

Of course his and everyone else's life matters. If you feel that there should be protests in the name of his death than why are you sitting here? You should be taking action.

Who said his life was "less important"?

Unbelievable.
No. You are unbelievable. You completely missed my point. The man was killed on June 11. I couldn't find any discussions about his death.

Where did I mention race in my post? Show me! Are you telling me Jenner isn't also Caucasian? What about the Duggars? I don't understand your response to my post.

There are tragic stories that happen every single day all over the world. The national media decides what is important to report and what stories will get the most attention. Then there's the viral video crowd. I guess nobody was there with a camera phone when Mr. Bolinger was shot.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Nancy, it is hard to tell what this guy was doing. Not just the minute before he was shot but the entire bizarre pulling up to officers doing a traffic stop on another car, the car chase, rushing the police vehicle, etc. It is very strange behavior and I am curious what the autopsy will show (besides the obvious).
So what? He could have been mentally ill too. Does that justify shooting an unarmed man? I have a hearing impaired friend and I fear for her life. What if a cop told her to get on the ground for no reason and she didn't respond?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Why is it when an LEO blows away an unarmed person for the oh-so-threatening behavior of having, and I quote the Des Moines Police, 'walked with purpose' towards the officer, legions of police apologists descend to begin rationalizing the killing of the unarmed person?

Is that really the America in which you want to live? One in which the government decides "Hey, that person's walking towards one of us in a way we don't like - kill him!"?

It must be, considering how eager you are to run interference for those agents of the state who do precisely that.

Really??
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events