U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 05:00 PM

28,206 posts, read 20,799,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeenThomas View Post
This is not thread of "hate" or "discrimination" but this thread is about people who still have common sense, these people will understand that these protests is only to earn money and to loot and murder!
As Baltimore’s destructive #BlackLivesMatter riots continue to rage, some new information has been revealed about the gentleman they’re burning Baltimore down for.

According to the Maryland Department of Justice, Freddie Gray had the 18 documented arrests below, at a minimum:
FREDDY GRAY
And you still think that man with at least 18 arrests and serious traumas who were running from police instead of sitting at home was not guilty?
No. I think Americans have rights. ALL of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 05:06 PM

5,527 posts, read 5,141,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
If it wasn't for the stupid war on drugs, he wouldn't even have a record. He sounds like a guy who had never hurt a person in his life.
You stated the same thing, regarding not having a record if not for the war on drugs, in another thread, and someone corrected you on it. Yet here you are again saying the same thing - why haven't you bothered to read the listings of arrests yet? And, "a guy who had never hurt a person in his life"...uh, the records do list assault, more than once for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
What did he do to be stopped in the first place. His attorney has stated, this knife he had on him was legal.
The length of the knife 'folded' may be legal, but may become illegal once it's opened--since it may pass the length limit after opening. That part is moot though since the knife was closed. What is illegal in MD is to have a spring assisted knife, which his knife was.

§ 59-22. Switch-blade knives
(a) Possession or sale, etc., prohibited.
It shall be unlawful for any person to sell, carry, or possess any knife with an automatic spring or
other device
for opening and/or closing the blade
, commonly known as a switch-blade knife.
(emphasis mine)
No his knife was not a switch-blade, but it did have a one-hand spring assist = "other device" for opening/closing the blade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Let's wait for the M.E. report and other reports supposedly due on Friday.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:13 PM

9,369 posts, read 18,044,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Ever notice how none of the sheeple who make excuses for police misconduct ever make any sense?

Former FAMU player Jonathan Ferrell killed by Charlotte police - CNN.com

Police Officer Will Not Be Charged In Killing Of Napster Executive - Business Insider

^^^^ This guy was a real hardened criminal, eh????
So you found two obscure stories from two years ago and suddenly we have a killing spree on our hands.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:16 PM

2,702 posts, read 3,758,820 times
I agree with what George Carlin said many many years ago.. There are only 2 reasons you run from the police.. 1. you are doing or did something wrong... 2. you are stupid.. Either way you should be shot...

Old 04-29-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
BBM

Throwaway kids?

I'm sure their parent(s) care.

Some were HS kids as young as 14,15 & 16.

The older ones who participated in the burning down of stores and cars, as told my the Commissioner were not from that area.

Blanket statements about children are just cruel, inhumane and ignorant.

What happened to humanity? To compassion? To caring about the under privileged to help them overcome their poverty with giving them training programs, after school programs to help them see the other side of things. Give them athletic programs to burn off that excess energy and keep them busy.

Oh right, they don't deserve to be humanized, to fend for themselves with a good job and salary at weeks end.

They are throw away kids because their own parents don't care enough about them to raise them right. Most of them come from broken homes and their crying mothers don't have any photos of them since the obligatory 8th grade cap and gown photo they like to show the media. Suddenly they care about their poor little angel when dollar signs and lawsuits are on the table.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:24 PM

1,077 posts, read 687,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
They are throw away kids because their own parents don't care enough about them to raise them right. Most of them come from broken homes and their crying mothers don't have any photos of them since the obligatory 8th grade cap and gown photo they like to show the media. Suddenly they care about their poor little angel when dollar signs and lawsuits are on the table.

Did you get enough information to form that opinion?

How do you know if one is raised right or not?

children test their parents, they rebel, they give into peer pressure.

This one who got slapped was told to not go down there and get involved. He did, she saw him and slapped him silly.

I think these blanket statements against children are horrendous.

I advocate for children, all children no matter the race, creed or color.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
You obviously have not been paying attention to their mother's statements released to the press - you know the woman with 5 kids by 4 men (none of whom she married) who lives in the projects on welfare.

They all "dreamed of being a doctor," "sang in the church choir," were "exceptional students," and "wouldn't hurt a fly." "Mom" always produces a photo for the media of the kid in a suit and tie in 5th grade, and forgets to mention he dropped out of high school, is now 6+ feet tall and 200+ pounds, had 16 arrests for violent crimes against others in the last 3-4 years, was a "regular" with the local cops, was involved in a gang, and has a Facebook page littered with pictures of him posing with illegal drugs and guns, and frequently smoking dope.

I have asked before, and no one has provided an explanation yet, but if police malevolence against blacks is SO prevalent, why do they (the media and the professional agitator class) keep settling for locally known thugs who were resisting arrest/attacking cops/in the middle of a crime (or all three) as the poster children for police abuse?

Surely they can find at least one decent black kid without a string of arrests, gang activity, and a history of violence, who was wrongfully arrested and a victim of police brutality (or worse) - when they do, they have my support for that situation, and I will be behind prosecuting the police involved in abusing their power, but so far, I am not feeling a lot of sympathy for the thugs that have been the "cause celeb" for the rioting in different cities over the last several months.

Interestingly enough, in the last few months, the 2-3 examples where police really did kill a black kid/adult that were (or appeared to be) innocent of any criminal activity, it made the news cycle for 24-48 hours and then disappeared (no riots, no protests, no AG civil rights probe) - probably because the cops are either under indictment or under criminal charges, but I could understand and support the outrage (not the rioting, but certainly the outrage!) if those couple of cases were the focus!

I guess good/innocent black lives are not the #blacklivesmatter that we are supposed to be concerned about...
Yes, the oh so familiar cap and gown photo with a wide smile from 8th grade. If she loved him so much why is the most recent photos show him tossing up gang signs and pointing guns at the camera.

What's funny is that more whites are killed by the police each year but no one is rioting over the loss of some skin head running a meth lab who assaulted a cop. These riots aren't about justice they are excuses to loot, rob, assault and kill. What's even more absurd is that all these future rocket scientists burn down their own communities and then cry when they don't have supermarkets, pharmacies, or convenience stores to shop.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:30 PM

2,190 posts, read 1,853,995 times
Coolhand is definitely drinking that cop flavored Kool-Aid.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Did you get enough information to form that opinion?

How do you know if one is raised right or not?

children test their parents, they rebel, they give into peer pressure.

This one who got slapped was told to not go down there and get involved. He did, she saw him and slapped him silly.

I think these blanket statements against children are horrendous.

I advocate for children, all children no matter the race, creed or color.
Good for you. Go to Baltimore, Detroit, St Louis and advocate for the innocent, misguided "children" who are setting the cities on fire and have police records and gang affiliations. See how much they care for your bleeding heart and sympathy.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:32 PM

4,895 posts, read 2,365,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
Does the law specify that after a certain number of arrests or convictions, the police can just kill you on sight?
It's funny that you object to people assuming things about the victim, who does have a criminal record - but you're assuming things about the police. Since the whole story isn't out there yet - no one should be assuming anything.

And sorry but the law is the law. I'm not saying I like all the laws and don't think some should be repealed - but who's saying that the victim's previous arrests were for pot. What if it was coke and a child got hold of his stash and died - then there's a reason for the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events