U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 10:03 PM

26,905 posts, read 28,233,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Ever notice how none of the "victims" at the hands of police are ever medical students, part of the church choir, members of the Peace Corp, or killed leaving a library? All this rioting and looting in cities across the nation for throwaway kids no one cared for to begin with. Where were all the activists and rioters when it comes to helping their own? Hypocrites want to riot and loot for someone they never cared about to begin with.
Baltimore PD is doing a pretty good job of invalidating your claim with their culture of brutality.

Freddie Gray Is Only the Latest Apparent Victim of Baltimore Police Violence - The Atlantic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 10:08 PM

26,905 posts, read 28,233,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
While I cannot agree with the OP (as clearly his record should not equate to his demise at the hands of LE), neither can I let your little nugget slide either.
All the drugs he sold hurt countless lives in the form of addiction, overdose, crimes to support drug habit, and the untold human costs via divorce, family destruction, etc.

So never ever claim that drug dealers have never hurt anyone!

`
And what about the person whomsupplies the dealer? Innocent like a wall street banker?

Old 04-29-2015, 10:20 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 48,494,424 times
It's sickening the way the media always justify the actions of crooked cops.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:07 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,699,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Baltimore PD is doing a pretty good job of invalidating your claim with their culture of brutality.

Freddie Gray Is Only the Latest Apparent Victim of Baltimore Police Violence - The Atlantic
Freddie Grey was no victim. I found most of these stories hysterical. Execpt for the murder of the dogs. That is not right. Shooting a dog, beating and choking a dog to death is never acceptable.

I used to get down to Baltimore several times a month over a 9 year span when I was doing business with Sherman Williams and take in a couple of games at Camden as well. I spent countless hours, days and nights in Baltimore and I never had an issue but I saw with my own two eyes the Thuggury first hand. If the Cops are heavy handed it's because they have to be. You give these savages an inch and they will eat you alive as a group. As individuals they are punks, **** roaches that run and hide. It's sad that the non criminal types get caught up in the middle of altercations that happen, but more often than not the criminal element out members the non criminal element significantly. Frankly, why would a person, a retired teacher with a pension and other means want to live in that cess pool of an area to begin with. Why would anyone want to. Pride? MEH pride is over rated. Pride is what get's good people killed. Remember pride goeth before a fall. Pride is just another form of ignorance.

The only way that area ever comes back is with gentrification, and the city and state will be better off for it.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:10 AM

38,497 posts, read 15,430,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post

The only way that area ever comes back is with gentrification, and the city and state will be better off for it.
That area will never be gentrified. Baltimore is a city that people move away from and it's been that way for a long time.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:04 AM

820 posts, read 942,760 times
Went to baltimore for a edm show and it was straight up ghetto, people from the street sitting on my car. Tons of crime, good thing ill always live in the suburbs.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:41 AM

28,029 posts, read 19,700,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Well this just hit the news, from the Washington Post. Does this change anything? Maybe waiting until evidence is released before we convict cops or anyone else?

A prisoner sharing a police transport van with Freddie Gray told investigators that he could hear Gray “banging against the walls” of the vehicle and believed that he “was intentionally trying to injure himself,” according to a police document obtained by The Washington Post.

Prisoner in van said Freddie Gray was
Yes because low level criminals will break their own back to get out of an arrest. GMAFB

Old 04-30-2015, 07:15 AM

2,560 posts, read 1,633,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
If it wasn't for the stupid war on drugs, he wouldn't even have a record. He sounds like a guy who had never hurt a person in his life.
Whether you agree with drug laws or not, at the present time, the law is the LAW! I would have a clean drivers license if it wasn't for stupid speed limit laws. I chose to exceed the limit, and sometimes I get caught. Do the crime, do the time.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:39 AM

41,162 posts, read 32,846,148 times
Forget race for a moment. Forget ghettos and riots and the National Guard. Most of us know someone who has a criminal record - we may even be related to someone with a criminal record. If your loved one died while in police custody, would you appreciate all the comments from strangers, all over the internet, calling your loved one every name in the book, and saying he deserved what he got? Would you want your family's name dragged through the mud? Would you want the world assuming the worst of your family and your loved one? Don't dish out what you couldn't take yourself.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:45 AM

3,070 posts, read 1,582,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Forget race for a moment. Forget ghettos and riots and the National Guard. Most of us know someone who has a criminal record - we may even be related to someone with a criminal record. If your loved one died while in police custody, would you appreciate all the comments from strangers, all over the internet, calling your loved one every name in the book, and saying he deserved what he got? Would you want your family's name dragged through the mud? Would you want the world assuming the worst of your family and your loved one? Don't dish out what you couldn't take yourself.
That may be true but I would not want people looting and burning down buildings for my cause either. It is sad that the only way some people vent their frustrations is by destruction of people's property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events