U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 02:05 PM

4,792 posts, read 3,029,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA17 View Post
Yup but for someone so "smart" he sure says a lot of idiotic things...he's actually the first person I've ever heard say that "thug is the new n-word" and he says a bunch of other moronic things too.
Yea, I'm not at all enamored of him. He's an educated man and great athlete who still behaves like a common thug. Which is particularly sad considering he received a kickass Stanford education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 02:09 PM

3,217 posts, read 1,647,505 times
Again, it's the PC police trying to tell us what the intention of our words are when we speak.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:03 PM

692 posts, read 970,455 times
I got a question for any of these "thug is the new n-word" people: how do you want us to describe violent people? pretty soon they're gonna say that "criminal" is the new n-word

Old 05-01-2015, 05:21 PM

9,694 posts, read 5,364,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA17 View Post
I got a question for any of these "thug is the new n-word" people: how do you want us to describe violent people? pretty soon they're gonna say that "criminal" is the new n-word
How about using the term to describe all violent people, and not just violent black people for starters? And I already, in an earlier post, listed several examples of violent mainly white riots where the perps are not referred to in MSM/by politicians (as black protesters are); clear double standard. But, no, that's too much to ask it seems

Old 05-02-2015, 02:40 PM

2,457 posts, read 1,049,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
How about using the term to describe all violent people, and not just violent black people for starters? And I already, in an earlier post, listed several examples of violent mainly white riots where the perps are not referred to in MSM/by politicians (as black protesters are); clear double standard. But, no, that's too much to ask it seems
One more time: what proof do you have that all of those people were white, and that they were not referred to as thugs?

Old 05-06-2015, 07:03 AM

4,792 posts, read 3,029,134 times
Bumped for the poster who started a new thread on this same topic.

Old 05-08-2015, 01:50 PM

6,013 posts, read 6,756,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Only for those constantly looking for any excuse/reason to cry racism.
I find it funny that people like the one im responding to always get mad when someone points out their racism. Oh the irony! It's like oh your pulling the race card again why can't you let me be racist lol

Point is code words change often, when it became taboo to say the N word in public in the late 60s, code words used duhhhh

Old 05-08-2015, 03:36 PM

22,947 posts, read 21,637,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
I find it funny that people like the one im responding to always get mad when someone points out their racism. Oh the irony! It's like oh your pulling the race card again why can't you let me be racist lol

Point is code words change often, when it became taboo to say the N word in public in the late 60s, code words used duhhhh
I'm so hurt... Crying "you are racist" seems to be the last refuge of those that can't articulate a proper argument nor are willing to engage on an intellectual level and can only spew insults and accusations in an attempt to deflect and shut down all conversation.

Doesn't work with me...

Carry on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events