Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 11:51 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,563,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Yes, you are correct the witness did not "see" what happened. My mistake in using the word saw.
Thank you for commenting. And since the witness couldn't see anything he doesn't know what happened.

If you're in one part of your house and someone in another room drops something, you don't know what they dropped without seeing it yourself. They could even tell you I dropped some books, but if you don't see that you don't know what the object was. Just that you heard the noise.

I would say given his condition and not being belted in he was getting thrown around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 11:52 AM

1,077 posts, read 867,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
The unsubstantiated rumors about his possibly having a previous injury stem from Gray's own court paperwork for the lead poisoning case in which he wrote down that he had injuries caused by a work injury, medical malpractice, and a car accident. This was part of a Baltimore Sun article posted a couple days ago. One must actually READ the entire article to learn how these issues are connected.

The truth about Freddie Gray's 'pre-existing injury from car accident' - Baltimore Sun

There is no proof yet that any of these things really occurred - only what he himself listed on court documents. It will either pan out as nothing, or we will learn that he indeed had received previous settlements for one or more of those alleged incidents.

Patience is a virtue that is clearly dying in today's society. We want answers NOW, and if we don't get them, we'll use supposition, rumors, and our own common sense to dictate a verdict.

Quote:
Court records examined by the Baltimore Sun show the case had nothing to
do with a car accident or a spine injury. Instead, they are connected to a
lawsuit alleging that Gray and his sister were injured by exposure lead
paint.

As children, [Gray] and his two sisters were found to
have damaging lead levels in their blood, which led to multiple educational,
behavioral and medical problems, according to a lawsuit they filed in 2008
against the owner of a Sandtown-Winchester home they rented for four years.

With so much of its housing stock predating laws banning lead in paint,
Baltimore continues to wrestle with the after-effects on thousands of children
who have inhaled or ingested the toxic metal.

Read more at www.snopes.com/politics/crime/freddiegraysuit.asp#Vg4cmuq15gZrEiVZ.99

Old 04-30-2015, 11:54 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,478,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
You continue to conveniently omit the portion of the Baltimore Sun article that describes why this rumor came to be. Let me help you with that.

In his documents, Freddie Gray checked "work injury, medical malpractice and auto accident" as the type of accident. When asked to explain, he also wrote something that is unreadable. He also wrote something unreadable when asked if he was a minor when the case was settled.

Both cases were filed at the same time by a New Jersey law firm.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:55 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,617,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Common sense = wait until all the facts come out before assigning blame.

Common sense? Maybe you should demonstrate it...:

Figures. He and his family had already demonstrated they will sue insurance for liability. Too bad he went too far with it this time.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
- 8:59:02, the driver picks up another prisoner and asks for an
additional unit to check on Gray

"Mr. Gray was the only one on that
side of the van, and it wasn't until the very end that another suspect was
placed in the van, who we have interviewed, but that suspect was on the other
side of a metal barrier with no contact with Mr. Gray. He could hear Mr. Gray,
but he could not see him," Rodriguez said.
6 Baltimore police officers suspended in Freddie Gray case | Maryland News - WBAL Home

Old 04-30-2015, 11:56 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,563,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
there is no question he wasn't belted in, which was a huge mistake. however, in hours and hours of news coverage and dozens of news articles i have never once seen the police claim he was given a rough ride.

do you have a link?
I saw it on CNN, on the TV during the day. I don't remember what day, it was few days ago. Only heard it the one time.

There was a comment made by the anchor that the Baltimore police said Gray wasn't belted in and admitted to giving him a "rough ride", I remember that comment(why wouldn't you).

That's all I can tell you.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
You continue to conveniently omit the portion of the Baltimore Sun article that describes why this rumor came to be. Let me help you with that.

In his documents, Freddie Gray checked "work injury, medical malpractice and auto accident" as the type of accident. When asked to explain, he also wrote something that is unreadable. He also wrote something unreadable when asked if he was a minor when the case was settled.

Sure he checked it off but that's not what the documents show.

Lead paint..

Old 04-30-2015, 12:03 PM

52,457 posts, read 34,191,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I saw it on CNN, on the TV during the day. I don't remember what day, it was few days ago. Only heard it the one time.

There was a comment made by the anchor that the Baltimore police said Gray wasn't belted in and admitted to giving him a "rough ride", I remember that comment(why wouldn't you).

That's all I can tell you.
OK, fair enough. I can't find a thing to back that up on google, though.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Baltimore attorney William H. "Billy" Murphy, who represents the Gray family,
confirmed that the Howard County case was connected to the lead paint lawsuit.

Jason Downs, an attorney who is with Murphy's firm and represents one of
Gray's relatives, said, "We have no information or evidence at this point to
indicate that there is a prior pre-existing spinal injury. It's a rumor."

The truth about Freddie Gray's 'pre-existing injury from car accident' - Baltimore Sun

Old 04-30-2015, 12:04 PM

733 posts, read 849,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
What backfired on Freddie was his thinking that his choice to be a career criminal would work out for him.
He was mentally damaged from lead paint.

Very sad situation, because he COULDN'T think normally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events