U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 10:47 AM

22,947 posts, read 21,467,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
If it is another Ferguson, then the riots are justified.

Department of Justice report on the Ferguson, Mo. Police Department - The Washington Post

Maybe more of you pro police state folks should take some time to understand just what these communities go through.

Sensible conservatives agree:

Many Conservatives are Blowing it on the Ferguson DOJ Report | RedState

It boggles my mind why conservatives are so willing to fight tooth and nail to defend a government agency. This is big government people.
The match that lit the fire and still to this day keeps it burning is the idea that Michael Brown was just a big lovable teddy bear that did nothing wrong and the evil cop just shot and killed him out of hand.

Were the cops in Ferguson bad? Well, from all that I've read most were doing what they were ordered to do by their boss,the mayor and at least one judge joined in using the rank and file as tax collectors at the end of a gun.
You want to stop something? Stop cities from profiting off mistakes of their citizens.

BTW, not a conservative nor a liberal. More of a slightly left of center libertarian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 10:49 AM

6,474 posts, read 10,033,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Instead of putting body cams on cops we should put them on career criminals, like Freddie.
Why not put them on officers?

Why wouldn't an officer WANT one of these to save himself from being accused of stuff he didn't do and to show he did everything by the book?

Old 04-30-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
I guess rumors take the stage for it fits into one's narrative.

This 'witness' didn't see what was going on, according the Chief of Police, by the time they stopped a second time to transport another arrestee, FG was in distress and not breathing.

What this alleged witness might have heard could be the officers panicking when they realized FG wasn't breathing.
Weren't the officers in the van with them?

And you're right, this "witness" didn't see anything, but yet the usual suspects are taking his word as fact.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I never said nor suggested that, and have no idea how you extrapolated that from my post. Stop projecting for me. My post pointed out a lack of following protocol by the BPD that may have in fact contributed to his injuries. I have no idea what happened other than what little facts have been released, because I wasn't there, and the investigation is not complete. It's foolish to speculate too deeply at this point.
I wasn't projecting. I just wanted to know if you believed that story or not.

Thanks for answering my question. Really.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
Seems body cams & cameras would be much cheaper than all the payouts & payoffs for injuries & lawsuits for excessive force.

And really if you are a good cop, doing things by the book, cameras would be your friends.
Look, I've never had any issues with cops (probably due to being a female), but I wouldn't mind having a bodycam on me if I was ever stopped by any.

Never know.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:55 AM

Umm, if someone was bouncing off the walls while moving down the road with nothing obvious (like rough driving) to explain the bouncing (which is what the prisoner reports he clearly heard) then the only explanation would be that the person was doing it himself. Couldn't have been hands banging, he was cuffed. Go have a friend sit in the back seat of your car and bounce up and down while you're in front. Can't see them but you KNOW they're doing it right?

Amazing what critical thought and logical deduction vs assuming/jumping to conclusions gets you...

Old 04-30-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post

And you're right, this "witness" didn't see anything, but yet the usual suspects are taking his word as fact.
Hmmm, I'm not taking it as fact yet, just as another piece of the puzzle that's not finished. It's no more a "fact" than the idea that the cops did it to Freddy.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:58 AM

1,077 posts, read 649,339 times
Quote:

I have no clue if officers ride in the back of the van or were they up front with the driver.

I wonder if this alleged witness was offered something for his false testimony, which is easily debunked. Could he have been offered lesser charges or dropped altogether if he got this alleged lie out there?

I

Old 04-30-2015, 10:58 AM

5,324 posts, read 4,004,269 times
Quote:
Um, this was reported by the Baltimore police.

They said EXACTLY what I typed.

Google it.
Yea, so I googled it and couldn't come up with a link from Baltimore PD stating that 80 % of his spine was severed and his voice box was damaged, which you reported as fact. Now you google it provide a link and prove me wrong.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Umm, if someone was bouncing off the walls while moving down the road with nothing obvious (like rough driving) to explain the bouncing (which is what the prisoner reports he clearly heard) then the only explanation would be that the person was doing it himself. Couldn't have been hands banging, he was cuffed. Go have a friend sit in the back seat of your car and bounce up and down while you're in front. Can't see them but you KNOW they're doing it right?

Amazing what critical thought and logical deduction vs assuming/jumping to conclusions gets you...
The "witness" was a fellow "criminal" whose charges we don't know about as of yet or how long HIS criminal record is.

Why should we take his word for it?

Isn't he considered lying "scum" with "no redeeming values or morals" like Gray was?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events