U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2015, 02:56 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,859,367 times

Advertisements

And....the cops continue to wonder why people hate them.

LiveLeak.com - Cops get owned! Arrest Leads to Legal Financial Settlement from town in rural New England.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 12:53 PM

3,744 posts, read 3,273,607 times
Interesting video.Posted by retard o man....
From the usual sources OP seems to find.. copblock..live leak etc

I couldnt find any record of settlement against the city... and just because the DA elected not to file charges does not means there was insufficient grounds for an arrest

Police officer expressed the following.. Im stopping you because
1) there was a burglary to a home close by which is certainly prudent policework to patrol the area and look for suspicious people who are unfamiliar to the officer.. who.. if worth his salt knows who is and isn't in his patrol area.
2) the park is open to residents only.. wright refused to allow the officers to determine if he was a resident
3) the officer did not recognize him and he in the opinion of the officer was acting suspiciously.. sounds reasonable so far to me

The officer was extremely professional and used great patience

Wright asked the officers to arrest him for trespass.. which they did

I tried to find some followup to this story.. cant find anything... so OP.. you are so good at digging up this junk abet dubious hater sources.. how about it... find some factual info or legit news sources?

From case law.. I dont propose to be an expert in NH law... but... sure looks like it applies

The Terry doctrine was markedly extended in the 2004 case of Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada, 542 U.S. 177 (2004), in which the Supreme Court held that a state law requiring the suspect to identify himself during a Terry stop did not violate the Fourth Amendment prohibitions of unreasonable searches and seizures or the Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination.

heck.. wright wasnt even patted down until after he was arrested (I assume he was..hopefully.. because we dont see that part on the video)

What is your angle... why do you hate police so much.. care to share?
Thanks

Last edited by notmeofficer; 04-30-2015 at 01:29 PM..

Old 04-30-2015, 01:06 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,569,650 times
I can take a guess why some people on here are so anti-cop. Does prison have internet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or