Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2015, 03:40 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,341,856 times

Advertisements

They really protected and served the crap out of this guy!

Video shows Alabama police throwing grandfather from India to ground | AL.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 04:53 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,022,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
They really protected and served the crap out of this guy!

Video shows Alabama police throwing grandfather from India to ground | AL.com
Another innocent law abiding person assaulted by jackbooted thugs. Welcome to the United Police States of America old man. Now we are going to brake your back, for coming here.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Another innocent law abiding person assaulted by jackbooted thugs. Welcome to the United Police States of America old man. Now we are going to brake your back, for coming here.

Maybe the police and the police boot lickers will come along to tell us how all people who have trouble with the police are criminal scumbags.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:41 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,110,898 times
WTF. This is outrageous. Three cops, a short, frail grandpa who clearly can't understand English but not resisting. Why is that at all necessary?

I can't wait to see C-D police apologists come up with all sorts of lame excuses on why the victim deserved it. Before you say anything, imagine your grandpa or grandma being that guy and see if you'd be upset.

Normally, I support the police. But it is indisputable, thanks to videos, that the police would use excessive and unjustified force quite often. It is crazy to say the police can do no wrong. I agree that people should do as instructed by the police, but talking back or not responding quickly does not justify using life-altering force. Being "disrespected" apparently causes many police officers to lose their sh$t and take it personally.

Now that I think about it, I think I am very careful about being courteous and obedient because I am concerned that the police officer would use any excuse to injure me. And that's coming from a law-and-order guy. Sad.

Mick

Old 04-30-2015, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Maybe the police and the police boot lickers will come along to tell us how all people who have trouble with the police are criminal scumbags.
Isn't it amazing how rioters are thugs for damaging property, but cops who murder and maim people are heros who just made a little mistake.

Old 04-30-2015, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
WTF. This is outrageous. Three cops, a short, frail grandpa who clearly can't understand English but not resisting. Why is that at all necessary?

I can't wait to see C-D police apologists come up with all sorts of lame excuses on why the victim deserved it. Before you say anything, imagine your grandpa or grandma being that guy and see if you'd be upset.
It's quiet now, but you just know they are all sitting in front of their computers, drinking their morning coffee, thinking, thinking, thinking, how to put a positive spin on this for the cops. : think::t hink:

Old 04-30-2015, 06:26 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,658,856 times
I live about 20 minutes from where this happened. I have friends in law enforcement who know the cop in question. From what they have said, he has always been an upstanding guy and are all shocked he did this. No one here is going to vouch for him and say that he was doing the right thing. He definitely overextended his "authority". Madison PD around here are known for being bullies. I actually live in Huntsville, which is a bit better than Madison as far as city law enforcement goes. But our Sheriff dept is known for some shady activities as well.

They seem to be getting more bold as time goes on. This guy in question I believe has already been fired and will be going to trial from what my LEO friend told me, although he said the media has given about 2-3 different stories.

He said the guy told them that the gentleman was making some movements that made them nervous. At the same time though, my LEO friend said that he was well aware that the force he used to take the guy down was unnecessary and basically just went into a panic. He said the video doesn't really show the guy's movements so they can't really tell exactly what queued the takedown but he said they often don't.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:21 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,083,718 times
Op... you need some new material this one was discussed to death on here and the universal opinion ...mine included... improper and indefensible use of force...
Come on... keep it fresh...

Other poster correct..immediately fired and filed upon

Keep scouring the internet... I'm sure you can find something new wrong out there to spend your heartbeats on

Old 04-30-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Op... you need some new material this one was discussed to death on here and the universal opinion ...mine included... improper and indefensible use of force...
Come on... keep it fresh...

Other poster correct..immediately fired and filed upon

Keep scouring the internet... I'm sure you can find something new wrong out there to spend your heartbeats on
Since outrageous police misconduct occurs daily you'd be correct there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events