U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 07:36 PM

2,391 posts, read 4,563,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I'll wager the judges are tired of hearing.." I didn't do nuthin"
I know right! Seems to work for the hoodlums with guns and badges tho. Every murder, brutality, Constitutional violation, corruption, coverup, lie is always justified no matter how heinous the crime. How come you're not equally outraged about that cowboy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 06:12 AM

23,931 posts, read 31,151,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Chain them all together with a shovels and brooms and make them rebuild everything they destroyed.
Now why can't THAT^^ be the punishment? 500K bail money for these people is insane.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:47 AM

1,469 posts, read 804,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatAngMoh View Post
They would have a chance if:
1) Learned how to speak proper English
2) Used a more mainstream name instead of something like Jerrelle, Jamal, Shaquan, Teenesha, you know what I mean
3) Groomed and dressed properly. Get rid of the tattoos that make their skin look like a comic book with so any characters and colors. Shed the baggy jeans and sports jersey. Get rid of the baseball cap cocked sideways.
These punks think they are showing their individuality by dressing this way......"Be a rebel and join the crowd!!!"

Old 05-01-2015, 06:48 AM

1,469 posts, read 804,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Now why can't THAT^^ be the punishment? 500K bail money for these people is insane.
I agree!!! If they are going to post bail put the money towards the rebuild.

Old 05-01-2015, 04:52 PM

11,472 posts, read 8,141,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
My mother did the same thing. Whooped my ass hard, took me back to the store and made me apologize to the store manager, then kept me locked up on restriction for a couple weeks. My crime? A stolen hair barrette.

I learned good and young and never stole another thing again.
Problem with many of these urban "youf" is that they are never sorry for stealing..they are only sorry they got caught..

Old 05-01-2015, 09:02 PM

2,298 posts, read 1,671,848 times
Higher the bond, the better. Need to learn some sense though I doubt thatll happen. Even worse, most all of these rioters are probably on the system, being supported by the hardworking citizens whose places of employment they are destroying!

Old 05-01-2015, 09:48 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,914,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
I know right! Seems to work for the hoodlums with guns and badges tho. Every murder, brutality, Constitutional violation, corruption, coverup, lie is always justified no matter how heinous the crime. How come you're not equally outraged about that cowboy?
You got what you wanted.

The looters are free and the cops are in jail.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:24 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,063,674 times
No it doesn't mean they can not later charge as they have not been judge; it was because of time to file for warrants. Also likely in time you'll see indictments for arson in cases where that happened. The statue of limitations isn't up on arson especially but even theft. Once they go thru the video than later that will come to forefront. The DA I listened to in Baltimore sounded like she means business on the arsons especially. The law has a long memory as to rule of law.Now days almost everything is videoed not like the past. There would be law enforcement video no doubt from tops of building in these cases once it started.

Old 05-02-2015, 03:36 PM

7,325 posts, read 3,754,340 times
From the OPs link which seems to be mentioned by many...
A police spokesman said that amid the bedlam of Monday's unrest, it was difficult to document which officers had arrested which suspects and for precisely what reasons. Gov. Larry Hogan took steps to keep people jailed for two days without charges nearly twice as long as usually allowed but it still wasn't long enough for officers to sort out what happened.

"There was a chaotic situation. We had officers being attacked, officers being injured." said Capt. Eric Kowalczyk, the spokesman. He said the department would review video and other evidence to determine exactly who had or hadn't done what, and would file charges later if appropriate.
If you don't know why someone was arrest or don't know who did the arresting...you can't charge people. It ain't rocket science.

Old 05-02-2015, 05:09 PM

38,218 posts, read 15,329,979 times
MSNBC hyperbole.

This article was posted here several days ago that gives the real details of why he got that bail. He's facing some pretty serious charges for what he did during the riots one of which carries a life sentence. He was one of the ringleaders that started the violence in the first place. He's being charged now as an adult (18) where he was already on juvenile probation for previous crimes. He dropped out of school, and lives with two parents who are also criminals.

He's a big boy now.

Baltimore rioter turned himself in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events