Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 09:36 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
She is unemployed. Initially she reported that she was an asst. manager at a recovery center. But later it came out that she isn't working.

Taxpayers must be supporting that family.
Oh..thanks then. I read the initial story.

6 kids, no husband and no job.

Her son is 16. His peers are going to eventually win over her unless she gets out of there.
He showed up to riot shows that he's already bought into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 09:36 AM

1,653 posts, read 2,306,116 times
Well she is enjoying her 15 minutes of fame. Whatever her situation is she did the right thing by getting her Son out of that situation.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:37 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
Well she is enjoying her 15 minutes of fame. Whatever her situation is she did the right thing by getting her Son out of that situation.
Well the fact that her son participated means he's already buying into that mentality.
The kid had the gloves, hoodie and face mask.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:39 AM

50,721 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
Oh, yeah, I'm sure she's enjoying being torn apart by people who don't even now her about how many kids she has and her work status.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:42 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,418,446 times
I thought I heard that she's a widow and does have a job but I dont know any details.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:45 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,846 times
Nobody is calling her Mother of the Year. We're saying that she did the right thing by stepping up and removing her son from the scene. Isn't that what we've all been screaming should have happened to all those kids? The woman did the right thing, but now her life is being scrutinized by every welfare-hating fool out there. No wonder nobody wants to step up and do what's right. Doing so sets them up as targets.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:59 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
You folks don't seem to realize this, but let me point out something. If the poor don't receive some necessities in life, do you think they will just go to a corner and quietly starve themselves to death? No. They will come after everything and anyone to get what they need. That's human nature, no matter what country and race. That will happen.

Yup, some will very predictably say that's fine, they will protect themselves with their guns. What happens in a prison riot? Hundreds of inmates will always overpower a handful of armed guards. It's obvious why. And the armed forces and law enforcement cannot be everywhere. See any race riot for evidence.

So, maybe you and I wouldn't want the social safety net to go away, or else unintended consequences may fall on us all.

Just a thought.

Mick

Old 04-30-2015, 10:01 AM

430 posts, read 834,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
You folks don't seem to realize this, but let me point out something. If the poor don't receive some necessities in life, do you think they will just go to a corner and quietly starve themselves to death? No. They will come after everything and anyone to get what they need. That's human nature, no matter what country and race. That will happen.

Yup, some will very predictably say that's fine, they will protect themselves with their guns. What happens in a prison riot? Hundreds of inmates will always overpower a handful of armed guards. It's obvious why. And the armed forces and law enforcement cannot be everywhere. See any race riot for evidence.

So, maybe you and I wouldn't want the social safety net to go away, or else unintended consequences may fall on us all.

Just a thought.

Mick
I actually agree with this, which is why we shouldn't pay the poor to build an army as you describe. People should have enough food stamps for one person to get by without ever having a job, but giving them enough welfare and food stamps to feed 7 people in one single-mother unemployed household is extremely counterproductive.

Both for the reasons I listed and the notion you just described.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:07 AM

1,077 posts, read 871,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
She is unemployed. Initially she reported that she was an asst. manager at a recovery center. But later it came out that she isn't working.

Taxpayers must be supporting that family.

taxpayers or her unemployment insurance?

I see no one really heard this mother when she spoke.

As the OP suggests, she is not on welfare, she was an assistant manager who has just been laid off, yes she has 6 children, so what?

Biases are showing, IMO...

Old 04-30-2015, 10:07 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blimp View Post
I read that she has 6 kids, all daughters except for that one son. She is a single mother, and seems to have been unemployed for a very long time.

Is it me, or is there something wrong with this picture? Should perpetually unemployed single women be having six kids? Now they're all living off of federal welfare, of course.

I don't want to offend, but she doesn't seem to be exactly "Mom of the Year" during the other 364 days of the year.
It is hard to look for a job when you spend most of your time on your back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events