Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 12:25 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,544,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
OMG, so precious! I know he was grown when killed, but he was still his owner's "baby", and the man deserved more empathy and respect than was shown to him. It's not just that act that gets me, it's how cold and callous they are about it, even in the formality of the statements they release about these cases...there is no indication they understand or empathize in the slightest with the human suffering generated by their "mistake".
Here we go. Show the puppy picture and see the tears flow. The policeman made a mistake. Now he is out to be the next Charles Manson. Oh boy.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 01:16 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,294,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
You can only speak for your own relationship with your pets, not for everyone else. Seems to me, its even a "Big Deal" when a Police Dog gets killed, to their handlers. People are different and have different priorities. Just because pets are not a major one to you, means nothing. You likely should not have a Dog, same as Michael Vicks should have never had Dogs.

I don't mind saying that my Dog means a lot more to me than some people. I bet there are a lot more of us out there than those that are indifferent about it. Such is life, live with it.
I can speak for what I think is right, and I don't care about "different priorities" with respect to key issues such as this. To me right is right and there are NO ALLOWANCES for differing opinions. You're either right, or you're wrong, case closed.

And that is thus--a dog's life (or a cat's life) is relevant, sure, absolutely, but it is not as important as a human being, not even if the human is Charles Manson (and believe me, I count myself among those who regard him as the lowest of the low, believe me) and the dog is a K-9 who saved the president's life. A dog is STILL beneath a human, as is a cat, ferret, possum, any animal of any breed of any kind anywhere.

Simple as that.

Those who disagree, they're just plain wrong.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:23 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,774,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Here we go. Show the puppy picture and see the tears flow. The policeman made a mistake. Now he is out to be the next Charles Manson. Oh boy.....
You and so many others here are quick to dismiss this as a mistake and walk away with a scolding, many of us are not. Where is the professionalism, where is the judgement? When we pay this cop a six figure salary with benefits we expect a high level of performance.

We expect him to know which side of the street in the small town he works has the even numbered houses and which the odd. We expect him to safeguard the public and use his weapon only when absolutely necessary; we pay well for good judgement. We expect him to use pepper spray or other non-lethal defense against an animal or simply retreat from private property. We expect him to be in a different line of employment if his anxiety level keeps him from performing his job appropriately.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:32 PM

50,282 posts, read 35,918,926 times
Quote:
Yes, the only reason I think Charles Manson is a bad guy is because he didn't show remorse.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
I can speak for what I think is right, and I don't care about "different priorities" with respect to key issues such as this. To me right is right and there are NO ALLOWANCES for differing opinions. You're either right, or you're wrong, case closed.

And that is thus--a dog's life (or a cat's life) is relevant, sure, absolutely, but it is not as important as a human being,
not even if the human is Charles Manson (and believe me, I count myself among those who regard him as the lowest of the low, believe me) and the dog is a K-9 who saved the president's life. A dog is STILL beneath a human, as is a cat, ferret, possum, any animal of any breed of any kind anywhere.

Simple as that.

But what does that have to do with this case? No human was at risk. Just because an animals life is worth less than a human's, that means it's okay that a human kill an animal for no reason except he can? Those vicious poodles, OMG, what are the cops to do!!

Old 05-01-2015, 01:36 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,112,006 times
That was a beautiful dog. RIP.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:38 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,544,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post

And that is thus--a dog's life (or a cat's life) is relevant, sure, absolutely, but it is not as important as a human being, not even if the human is Charles Manson (and believe me, I count myself among those who regard him as the lowest of the low, believe me) and the dog is a K-9 who saved the president's life. A dog is STILL beneath a human, as is a cat, ferret, possum, any animal of any breed of any kind anywhere.

Simple as that.

Oh no, you are so wrong with some on here. They consider the dog a member of the family. As if the dog is a son or daughter. I have even seen some guy on here claiming he would murder everyone, including the guy's children if his dog was shot. This is plain idiotic behavior at best.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:42 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,112,006 times
Here is a video - linked from the Atlantic article in an earlier post.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/...nation/381651/

Dogs apparently minding their own business, cop comes along, calls for them and then shoots them down.

He had claimed in his report that they charged him, the video shows they just looked up at him (he was well above them on a hill) when he started shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmNay7htV4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
... you discharge your weapon today and the volumn of paper and inspection and review of your actions is immense ... and that is if no one is hit ... shoot someone or something and hit them you are guaranteed to receive careful scrutiny by multiple sources... and they come to the table critical at the get go...
This seems to indicate that all those heavy investigations and paperwork claims are irrelevant. The only reason this came to light was because the dog owners demanded the video from the body cam. So, apparently there wasn't much of an investigation --- or, like other cases, those who investigated swept it under the rug.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 05-01-2015 at 02:18 PM..

Old 05-01-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Oh no, you are so wrong with some on here. They consider the dog a member of the family. As if the dog is a son or daughter. I have even seen some guy on here claiming he would murder everyone, including the guy's children if his dog was shot. This is plain idiotic behavior at best.

Yes, that's a really common attitude seen in animal lovers, we're all willing to murder children and grandmas because we love and cherish our pets. You can't possibly believe that person is representative of most people who love their pets, I hope. That to me is idiotic, to believe that and to use it as some sort of justification of why it's not important that these people were made to suffer when they did nothing at all wrong.

Why are so many pro-constitution when it comes to guns, but so against protection of personal liberties and personal property from the government? Kill my dog, FINE, just don't touch my guns?

Old 05-01-2015, 02:09 PM

36 posts, read 36,385 times
This is really heart breaking. I feel sorry for the dog. I hope there would be justice for this. If that stupid police will just alibi that he made a mistake then things like this will happen again and again and there will be no justice at all. He made two errors here, got to the wrong address and killed the dog. There should be a law or something for this. Justice for the dog!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events