U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 10:26 AM

27,422 posts, read 11,491,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Still want to give us your 'opinion' that it was either self inflicted or an accident Waldokitty?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 10:42 AM

38,675 posts, read 15,482,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Still want to give us your 'opinion' that it was either self inflicted or an accident Waldokitty?
I did in the other topic on this.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 05-01-2015 at 10:50 AM..

Old 05-01-2015, 10:50 AM

302 posts, read 241,430 times
Quote:
It's also a 'ploy' that people use when they have difficulty walking and you have no evidence- ZERO that he was not in fact already injured and having difficulty moving his legs.
As you have ZERO proof that he wasn't. I know there are bad cops out there, I also know there are plenty of good ones out there. People in Gray's situation play that to the max. I worked in law enforcement for 12 years before a forced retirement due to injury from a car accident from being hit by a drunk driver.

Apparently they had no reason to contact him in the first place, that is on them and they will pay dearly for that. Again, many put the badge on and think they are invincible. But when you aren't guilty you don't handle the situation as Mr. Gray did either.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:51 AM

625 posts, read 441,978 times
Oh waldo… so now you're going to claim it was a conspiracy. That FG and his family planned the whole thing. For him to get himself arrested, to get his spine severed, to die all for a payoff from the city.

Wow. Really. Wow.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
Oh waldo… so now you're going to claim it was a conspiracy. That FG and his family planned the whole thing. For him to get himself arrested, to get his spine severed, to die all for a payoff from the city.

Wow. Really. Wow.
Where did I claim that?

Old 05-01-2015, 10:52 AM

3,210 posts, read 2,746,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbalmedpoet View Post
I know there are bad cops out there, I also know there are plenty of good ones out there. .
Is this an example of good cops?

Old 05-01-2015, 10:53 AM

625 posts, read 441,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbalmedpoet View Post
As you have ZERO proof that he wasn't. I know there are bad cops out there, I also know there are plenty of good ones out there. People in Gray's situation play that to the max. I worked in law enforcement for 12 years before a forced retirement due to injury from a car accident from being hit by a drunk driver.

Apparently they had no reason to contact him in the first place, that is on them and they will pay dearly for that. Again, many put the badge on and think they are invincible. But when you aren't guilty you don't handle the situation as Mr. Gray did either.
What was he guilty of exactly? Making eye contact with bike patrol officers? Well that certainly deserves an arrest.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:57 AM

but you carefully overlook the fact that she is unlikely to overcharge any Police Officer given that her Mother, her Father, and ALL of her Uncles were/are Police Officers. Facts are such pesky things, aren't they Waldo? And if you think a $4,000 campaign contribution to Marilyn Mosby would cause her to falsely charge 6 police officers, then where is your outrage over the Koch Brothers plan to spend 889 million dollars so that they can pick who the next President will be. Koch brothers set $889 million budget for 2016

Old 05-01-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
but you carefully overlook the fact that she is unlikely to overcharge any Police Officer given that her Mother, her Father, and ALL of her Uncles were/are Police Officers. Facts are such pesky things, aren't they Waldo? And if you think a $4,000 campaign contribution to Marilyn Mosby would cause her to falsely charge 6 police officers, then where is your outrage over the Koch Brothers plan to spend 889 million dollars so that they can pick who the next President will be. Koch brothers set $889 million budget for 2016
  1. I agree with you about police ties.
  2. Facts are facts. Whether they are pesky or not depends upon observer. You make no point here.
  3. I don't think that. (Re $4000)
  4. Koch Brothers - Irrelevant. If you make that point because you assume that I'm RWC who support them, then you only discredit yourself. Logical debate doesn't require such tactics.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
Because the police were not required to belt them in the vans. That requirement changed 3 days prior to the incident but the head of the Police union said that officers do not always get information on a small change like that timely and in this case it looks like they didn't.
At first thought one wonders why, especially when you or I are required to wear a belt in our own cars, suspects were not required to be belted. However, when you understand the actions of some arresttees it becomes less of a puzzle - especially seeing the size/strength of some of them. It's tough enough belting your toddler into a car seat when they are fighting it, imagine trying it on a 250 pound full grown man.

All of these deaths are unfortunate all the way around, there's a value to every life and to the lives affected by events like this. It's also unfortunate that the DOJ is jumping in immediately because their involvement ultimately ends up taking police work out of local control and under Federal control. Looking at the recent militarization of police forces nationwide (via Federal dollars/equipment, with strings attached) along with the increase in Federal involvement in local incidents someone with a more cynical mind might start to wonder where it's all headed.
oh my goodness quit being an apologist for these cops. People are arrested every day, all over the US, they are shackled and they are secured in a vehicle or a transport van with a seatbelt. It's routine, it's not hard to do if you know how to do it and failure to do it is not an excuse. And even without a seatbelt it took a 'rough ride' to provide the velocity that would have caused these injuries upon impact. It involves simple laws of physics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or