Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 01:55 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Yup, behind big, secure gates.
And an armed personal bodyguard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 02:08 PM

716 posts, read 1,237,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
No, he wants drugs decriminalized, like many of us.

Did you really just make an argument to continue the war on drugs so that prisons can maintain a balance of violent criminals versus non-violent? You think decisions about what should be legal and illegal should be based on keeping a 'just right' prison mix?
No lol I was saying that the main problem these people have is the black-white prison disparity...so if they remove the drug offenders and keep only the violent offenders than the REAL problem they have(black-white prison difference) will only be widened.

But yeah I just want violent criminals locked up..but they just seem to want the prison numbers to represent the general population race wise.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:14 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
A voice of reason.
Not really.

For starters, wth would you let out just one racial group if you disagreed with drug criminalization? Wouldn't you want to let everybody out?

His disarming the police comment is symptomatic of Moore smoking crack.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:18 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And an armed personal bodyguard.
Yeah, I have to wonder if someone managed to make it out to his 2million mansion secluded on a lake....how long they'd wander around his house before looking down the barrell of a gun.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:20 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,467,718 times
I hate all these fake liberals like Michael Moore, you are no better or worse than the crazy people from Fox News, you are all fake which is why I hate all politicians and most of Hollywood.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:20 PM

1,077 posts, read 872,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Not really.

For starters, wth would you let out just one racial group if you disagreed with drug criminalization? Wouldn't you want to let everybody out?

His disarming the police comment is symptomatic of Moore smoking crack.

BBM

Not to take this thread too far out of context but I have a question.

I always wondered how the UK Police patrol with no weapon.

At least I don't see them with one, only the baton.

Anyone have any ideas?

Old 05-01-2015, 03:31 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times
Michael Who?
Although Michael Does occasionally make some good points, he's Way off on this one. Maybe he can house all these young men in is 15million dollar Mansion

Old 05-01-2015, 03:49 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA17 View Post
No lol I was saying that the main problem these people have is the black-white prison disparity...so if they remove the drug offenders and keep only the violent offenders than the REAL problem they have(black-white prison difference) will only be widened.

But yeah I just want violent criminals locked up..but they just seem to want the prison numbers to represent the general population race wise.
I don't think that's the case, but statistics show black people are more likely to be incarcerated for minor drug use offenses than whites.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:50 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
You know I'm perfectly fine with Moore's demand to release all blacks who are imprisoned on drug crimes and non-violent offenses, but on one condition. ALL of those blacks have to live in HIS neighborhood and HIS area and Moore isn't allowed to move from his home for at least 5 years. Let him live with the people he's fighting so hard for for a while. If he agrees then we have a deal!
Where does he live anyways. I bet somewhere nice, expensive and safe.

Old 05-01-2015, 04:49 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don't think that's the case, but statistics show black people are more likely to be incarcerated for minor drug use offenses than whites.
Whites pay their bail and show up for court, pay a fine and go on probation.

Look at the laundry list for Freddy. Would his family in their right mind pay bail ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events