U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 03:21 PM

6 posts, read 3,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Never said it was. Tomatoes are fruits. No amount of processing will turn it into a vegetable. Nutrition, though, is generally low on science and high on gimmick.
I agree there is not enough science, my alma mater's nutrition department was apart of research study about food addiction funded by coca-cola. I was very turned off by the idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 03:24 PM

12,305 posts, read 10,068,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMDWRECK View Post

Kraft says it is taking the yellow dyes out of its Mac n Cheese.

To all of them, I say its about time.

None of these is necessary in the food supply. These were all added to our processed food in the last 40 years and I say it's awesome they are taking out these harmful and addicting substances. Our food now is not the same as it was 45 years ago. Its more than portions and playing.
Not to stick up for Kraft, but they've been making mac & cheese with these dyes for over 80 years. It's the original recipe.

Kraft Mac & Cheese just got duller. You can thank (or blame) ‘The Food Babe.’ - The Washington Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Chipotle has said it will source GMO-free ingredients for some of the food it serves. It doesn't particularly care about GMO and will continue to serve it at all their restaurants. It's marketing hype. Plus if they were actually trying to make the food more healthful, they'd start with the massive quantities of salt. Nobody gets excited about salt though so despite that being an actual problem, they're going after GMO marketing while continuing to go on serving GMOs at every restaurant. That doesn't bother me because GMOs don't bother me at least not for health reasons.
They serve Coca~Cola thus lots of GMO. Almost all the corn in this country is GMO. Corn syrup is plentiful in soda. Chipotle isn't really getting rid of GMO.....they're merely trying to make some customers happy and get you to eat their food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HauteMess View Post
I agree there is not enough science, my alma mater's nutrition department was apart of research study about food addiction funded by coca-cola. I was very turned off by the idea.
Geee what conflict of interest could there be going on there?

Old 05-01-2015, 03:29 PM

1,612 posts, read 3,260,769 times
Government Schools have grown to large and political to take care and work for the betterment of the students. Now is the time to home school in any way you can. Get involved with your kids parents. You dont need a fancy home, all the toys and 3 cars. Downsize and teach those kids!!!

The Feds could care less about them. And the Teacher's Unions only use the "children" to gain more money.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:58 PM

241 posts, read 161,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Not to stick up for Kraft, but they've been making mac & cheese with these dyes for over 80 years. It's the original recipe.

Kraft Mac & Cheese just got duller. You can thank (or blame) The Food Babe. - The Washington Post
In my chubster days i was more of a velveeta fan

Old 05-01-2015, 05:04 PM

4,764 posts, read 1,877,769 times
My 2 daughters never left without eating breakfast. A boiled egg, a cup of soup which was always around, buckwheat or oatmeal or pancake OJ or something else and for lunch they'd have a sandwich and fruit. This was the standard, it varied.

We had it down to a system. Most stuff like the eggs and soup was prepared the night before. A little planning and effort can go a long way.

It helped them immensely in school and they rarely ate a school lunch. Their moms excellent cooking skills kept complaints to a minimum and for the most part they despised the crap the school served. They even considered my cooking better than the schools.

Old 05-01-2015, 05:17 PM

24,956 posts, read 11,638,926 times
median family income....about the same
both parents now working (with all the associated costs)
More single parents

And people here cant imagine why more would rely on schools to feed their kids?

Old 05-01-2015, 05:22 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,098,930 times
Do they had have inspections by health dept at schools. Here they inspect them just as they do nay place that serves food and can even shut them down. Just seems odd really as they inspect all coolers.

Old 05-01-2015, 05:39 PM

4,230 posts, read 5,747,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
median family income....about the same
both parents now working (with all the associated costs)
More single parents

And people here cant imagine why more would rely on schools to feed their kids?
Here's an idea, don't become a single parent. There use to be a level of shame in being a single parent, but the left seems to think the nuclear family is a bad idea.

There's also way too many people living well above their means in this country two jobs or not.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:14 PM

7,626 posts, read 13,998,032 times
Somebody call Michelle!!!! That is NOT cool!!!!!

Old 05-01-2015, 06:16 PM

4,230 posts, read 5,747,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Somebody call Michelle!!!! That is NOT cool!!!!!
I think she's hanging around with Axl Rose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events