U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-03-2015, 05:39 AM
 
38,255 posts, read 15,339,527 times
Reputation: 16868

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
.... Unfortunately, cops of all races use abuse and cruelty to maintain the evils systematic racism in this country. speaking for all the black people i have talked to about this, we all want to see justice served. if a black cop killed him, then a black cop needs to go to jail.
  • How can a Black cop commit a racist act against another Black person. By definition this would not fit definition of racism. (Of course I realize that people use the word "racism" these days as argument for anything they don't like, real or imagined, when they can't otherwise justify or admit real reason for dislike)
  • Since you say you are speaking for all Black people that you talked to. Will your group accept the courts decision if it is found the cops were innocent of all charges?
  • Can you give examples of "evils systematic racism".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-03-2015, 05:46 AM
 
56 posts, read 52,002 times
Reputation: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
  • How can a Black cop commit a racist act against another Black person. By definition this would not fit definition of racism. (Of course I realize that people use the word "racism" these days as argument for anything they don't like, real or imagined, when they can't otherwise justify or admit real reason for dislike)
  • Since you say you are speaking for all Black people that you talked to. Will your group accept the courts decision if it is found the cops were innocent of all charges?
  • Can you give examples of "evils systematic racism".
How do you define racism???

Your statement implies that if you are Black your are somehow void of racism, bias, racial prejudice while interacting with other Blacks. I hope you know that there are Black people out there who hold biases towards other Black people.

Also, if you ask anyone living in Sandstown or on the East or West side of Baltimore, they will be the first to tell you that Black officers are just as bad as some White, Hispanic or Asian officers.

And this issue goes beyond race, though it is still a very important factor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2015, 05:47 AM
 
27 posts, read 27,805 times
Reputation: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbf2324 View Post
And this issue goes beyond race, though it is still a very important factor.
No it isn't. But if race isn't mentioned, then it doesn't fit the propeganda that is being pushed down the throats of all Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2015, 05:49 AM
 
56 posts, read 52,002 times
Reputation: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyball View Post
No it isn't. But if race isn't mentioned, then it doesn't fit the propeganda that is being pushed down the throats of all Americans.
Well have to agree to disagree, I don't think I can change your mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2015, 06:16 AM
 
27,993 posts, read 19,664,892 times
Reputation: 16471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
i keep seeing this sentiment. this idea that now that it has come out that 3 of the cops are black, protesters and #freddiegray supporters have egg on our face or don't care. The only color that matters is blue. Unfortunately, cops of all races use abuse and cruelty to maintain the evils systematic racism in this country. speaking for all the black people i have talked to about this, we all want to see justice served. if a black cop killed him, then a black cop needs to go to jail.
I agree with you.

Those who are making these statements are showing how little they understand the position of those of us who are calling for police accountability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2015, 06:18 AM
 
27,993 posts, read 19,664,892 times
Reputation: 16471
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
  • How can a Black cop commit a racist act against another Black person. By definition this would not fit definition of racism. (Of course I realize that people use the word "racism" these days as argument for anything they don't like, real or imagined, when they can't otherwise justify or admit real reason for dislike)
  • Since you say you are speaking for all Black people that you talked to. Will your group accept the courts decision if it is found the cops were innocent of all charges?
  • Can you give examples of "evils systematic racism".
You might find this article interesting in regards to your first bullet point:

Black-on-Black Racism: The Hazards of Implicit Bias - The Atlantic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2015, 08:04 AM
 
Location: Norfolk, VA
5,580 posts, read 5,371,327 times
Reputation: 3023
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Can't seem to find this information anywhere.
No. Three White, three Black.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/02/us...tors.html?_r=0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2015, 08:39 AM
 
9,107 posts, read 4,531,172 times
Reputation: 3727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I agree with you.

Those who are making these statements are showing how little they understand the position of those of us who are calling for police accountability.
The en vogue chant yesterday in Baltimore was 'No Justice, No Peace, No Racist Po-lice.'

The clear implication is cops like those who arrested and transported Gray are racist. Perhaps it's you who doesn't understand the position of All who seek police accountability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2015, 10:21 AM
 
38,255 posts, read 15,339,527 times
Reputation: 16868
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbf2324 View Post
How do you define racism???

Your statement implies that if you are Black your are somehow void of racism, bias, racial prejudice while interacting with other Blacks. I hope you know that there are Black people out there who hold biases towards other Black people.

Also, if you ask anyone living in Sandstown or on the East or West side of Baltimore, they will be the first to tell you that Black officers are just as bad as some White, Hispanic or Asian officers.

And this issue goes beyond race, though it is still a very important factor.
Remarks to your points.
  1. Websters.
  2. No argument, but that isn't racism by definition. Bigot is a better word.
  3. Never said the weren't. That isn't the point.
  4. The Freddy Gray case is all about race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2015, 10:24 AM
 
38,255 posts, read 15,339,527 times
Reputation: 16868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
You might find this article interesting in regards to your first bullet point:

Black-on-Black Racism: The Hazards of Implicit Bias - The Atlantic
Mumbo Jumbo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top