Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 05:10 PM

24,112 posts, read 32,468,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Can't seem to find this information anywhere.
Take a wild guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 05:15 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Mumbo Jumbo
I'm sorry you weren't able to understand the article. It was really quite interesting and made good points. Eh, maybe next time.

Old 05-03-2015, 05:24 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'm sorry you weren't able to understand the article. It was really quite interesting and made good points. Eh, maybe next time.
Oh I understood it. That is why I can confidently call it Mumbo Jumbo.

Old 05-03-2015, 05:30 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
There were 6 officers arrested. Here is the news article with pictures of the officers arrested. You can decide if any were white or not white. It really shouldn't make any difference all we need to know is 6 police officers were involved.

The 6 Baltimore Cops Charged

Old 05-03-2015, 06:52 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Oh I understood it. That is why I can confidently call it Mumbo Jumbo.
If you understood it and disagreed with it you would have said why and discussed your reasoning. Rejecting it out of hand as "mumbo jumbo" shows you didn't understand what you read (and really, did you read it? Probably not).

Old 05-03-2015, 08:34 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,531,652 times
It's cute to see people saying race didn't matter. It was about about police brutality all along.... That surely was not case in Ferguson, or Eric Garner or Rodney king.

When it was all about white officers, the topic strayed to socioeconomic disparity and how predominately black neighborhoods are controlled by white people. Now that three black officers are involved, all of a sudden I don't see that.

Dillon Taylor
Gilbert Collar
James Whitehead
Joseph Harvey Jr.

were not equal in media attention to

Mike Brown
Rumain Brisbon
Eric Gardener
Freddie Gray

The premise that race of the officers has nothing to do with this is laughable and quite frankly dishonest.

Now that the officers aren't all white, people in the PC department have had to shift gear. First it was "black lives matter" then black leaders found themselves under pressure and to win support from whites and became a victim of their own environment of extreme political correctness. White liberals hijacked the movement to become "all lives matter" they diluted the message of "black lives matter" and now it has been diluted even further to simply being against police brutality.

For years officers of all colors have been doing these things to people of all colors, I would say on a grander scale and more widespread, even. It's just now in the information age we can instantly report an incident that would have gone unreported in 1995 in a matter of minutes to millions of people.

My point is mostly black people (and many white people) turned this into a white vs black thing with "black lives matter." It implied that if only the police departments and city governments were staffed by non-whites that things like Michael Brown wouldn't occur. Now its shown, that is not the case. So what I am saying is this is an important case and the races of the officers involved are important and relevant. Because now we can stop with the poor black citizens vs white privledged cops crap and move on to start combating police brutality from officers of all races against victims of all races.

Another point. The media and lawyers have proven how untrustworthy they can be with this whole Donta Allen story.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:52 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,215,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_show View Post
Why does it matter what their race was?
When 1/2 of the officers involved are Afro American it makes it really hard to call this a racial issue.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:38 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
Race must matter, at least to the media.

Why else would it be that when FOX News puts up that composite image of the six officers, the three Black ones are arranged in the top row, with the three White ones below?

Personally, I like the checkerboard pattern... :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events