U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2015, 11:04 AM

7,328 posts, read 3,999,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
FOP Open letter
Well I'll say this for the Baltimore City Lodge of the FOP, they show a hell of a lot more professionalism, and integrity that their NYPD brethren. I fully understand that the union has a statutory obligation to represent its members in any proceedings of their members under the collective bargaining agreement so their support should not be unexpected and this letter demonstrates such support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 11:06 AM

6,032 posts, read 7,538,274 times
Driver of the Van is a black man facing the most charges? A racist black man, go figure.....

Fire the mayor
Fire the police cheef
Fire the prosecutor and bring in a special prosecutor

The above is the usual cry of Sharpton in crew, but not in this case. I wonder why?!! Perplexing really.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:08 AM

625 posts, read 469,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
The jury will decide based on facts, not speculation, and hopefully not emotion and/or fear of nationwide rioting if they rule in the cop's favor.

In the Zimmerman case, the prosecution had absolutely no case. I watched the entire trial play out on the screen. NO case against him at all. It was laughable that this man was brought to trail to begin with. The jury ruled properly. But freakin nobody cares about the facts and evidence.
Well, that's a theory (that they'll decide it on facts).

I'm not sure that's always the case. Examples: OJ Simpson & Zimmerman. I could google others, but I'm sure someone else can do that.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:12 AM

615 posts, read 361,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
I want justice... If these cops did something that caused his death, I want them tried and convicted of that. If they had nothing to do with his death, I want them tried and found innocent of that... plain and simple. I want the truth (Don't ANYBODY quote Nicholson)

I want the cops to be tried should there be justification in trying them... Then, through our court system, their guilt or innocence will be determined... But until then let me remind you, INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY, not the other way around!
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

And it's guilty until proven innocent duh (just kidding)

Old 05-01-2015, 11:14 AM

2,850 posts, read 905,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
... But you will vote for Political candidates who get their pockets stuffed by the likes of the Koch Brothers
And you'll vote for Political candidates who get their pockets stuffed by the likes of... oh wait, we don't KNOW who, now do we? Something about that email server and that special foundation and its money sources aren't showing up... funny how THAT works, isn't it?

44,460 posts, read 17,754,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Well you've been rather prolific when it comes to alibis, excuses, motives, alternate scenarios, and general comments regarding the inexplicable innocence of the Baltimore City Police in this case. So I would find it out of character that you wouldn't be able to come up with an explanation for these missing periods of time in the narrative offered by the officers directly involved. That is why I asked.
Please give specific example, I'll be glad to cover it with you. I will challenge you to find one post that I have made where I have said those officers were inexplicably innocent. Else you are just making insult.

I've maintained consistently that guilt or innocence is determined by facts presented in the court of law. Maybe you should try that too.

1,077 posts, read 683,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Driver of the Van is a black man facing the most charges? A racist black man, go figure.....

Fire the mayor
Fire the police cheef

The above is the usual cry of Sharpton in crew, but not in this case. I wonder why?!! Perplexing really.

I don't think he's a racist black man, I believe due to the allegations of giving FG a rough ride to the police station with no seat belt, making unauthorized stops along the way, might be the reason he's facing the brunt of the homicide charges for Freddie Gray.

It's alleged that FG, during that rough ride his head hit a bolt in the van, which might have caused the internal decapitation, the severed spine and crushed larynx might have happened through some other form of police technique used.

At any rate, good call for SA Mosely!

Now to see her during trial.

625 posts, read 469,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post

Fire the mayor
Fire the police cheef

I'm not sure it's a race issue (though it seems to be one here).

It's more a cops -vs- skells issue. Cops are blue & right. Skells are bad, dirty, wrong, guilty & if they get a little bit busted up, oh well.

So the driver being black means nothing. He was a cop. Cop -VS- skell. That's the issue.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:15 AM

1,788 posts, read 1,968,251 times
Why does Zimmerman always come up in these topics?

He got lucky & you've all seen what has happened since then. Not that any of that matters to whites. They'll always pretend that that behavior is completely divorced from the Trayvon situation

Old 05-01-2015, 11:16 AM

3,190 posts, read 2,492,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
And you'll vote for Political candidates who get their pockets stuffed by the likes of... oh wait, we don't KNOW who, now do we? Something about that email server and that special foundation and its money sources aren't showing up... funny how THAT works, isn't it?
Right, blind speculation is much more damning than facts, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events