U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2015, 01:48 PM

27,496 posts, read 11,561,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
None of which will be prosecutable.
lolol another legal expert
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 01:49 PM

7,142 posts, read 8,483,024 times
But I don't get it, Faux News said that he was big time criminal, who was arrested by the nicest cops in the world who gently put him in a van. Where he then proceeded to sever his own spine by bashing himself into a bolt on the van.

Now we hear from the DA, that he was a totally innocent man who was kidnapped by six goon cops, who savagely broke his neck, threw him into a van and refused to get him medical help until it was too late.

This does not compute. Please explain all knowledgeable police apologists. Do you all feel any guilt now for blaming the innocent victim?

Old 05-01-2015, 02:09 PM

1,077 posts, read 653,873 times
CNN)
Latest developments:
Baltimore's city government has brought in Judy Smith, the crisis communications manager whose life story became the basis for the hit TV show "Scandal," to navigate issues related to the Freddie Gray case, a source familiar with the arrangement said.
Five of the six officers charged were in custody as of around 1 p.m. Friday, Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake said Friday. She said she ordered her city's police commissioner to "immediately suspend" all of the officers facing charges.
"There is no place in the Baltimore city Police Department" for officers involved in misconduct, racism and corruption, the mayor said. "There will be justice for Mr. Gray, there will be justice for his family, and there will be justice for the city of Baltimore."

Full story:
Six Baltimore police officers will face charges in the death of Freddie Gray, the city's prosecutor said Friday in an unexpected announcement that brought cheers from protesters and words of protest from the police union.

The announcement by Baltimore City State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby left no doubt about what she thinks happened April 12, when Gray was arrested: The 25-year-old died, she said, after suffering "a severe and critical neck injury" while being transported "handcuffed, shackled by his feet and unrestrained" inside a police van. It is against police policy to transport a prisoner without proper restraints such as a seat belt.
But the city's police union insisted that none of the officers was responsible for Gray's death.

"To the contrary, at all times, each of the officers diligently balanced their obligations to protect Mr. Gray and discharge their duties to protect the public," wrote Baltimore City Fraternal Order of Police President Gene Ryan.

Freddie Gray death ruled homicide; officers charged - CNN.com

Old 05-01-2015, 02:18 PM

7,312 posts, read 4,006,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Because there are a lot of bigots here that think Zimmerman is a hero.
I sure get tired of idiots repeating that lame claim.
Zimmy is an idiot, not a hero.
He's also not guilty in the Martin case.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:25 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,211,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
But I don't get it, Faux News said that he was big time criminal, who was arrested by the nicest cops in the world who gently put him in a van. Where he then proceeded to sever his own spine by bashing himself into a bolt on the van.

Now we hear from the DA, that he was a totally innocent man who was kidnapped by six goon cops, who savagely broke his neck, threw him into a van and refused to get him medical help until it was too late.

This does not compute. Please explain all knowledgeable police apologists. Do you all feel any guilt now for blaming the innocent victim?
Guilt? No. I like Fox. There has been no trial yet; they deserve their day in court. I don't know about other people but I am looking at the future of law abiding people in America and the view is not pretty. Tail seems to be wagging the dog. The biggest problem America has is the crooked court system. Police arrest the criminal; the courts let them out. If the police are guilty, maybe that will work for them too.

I just thought there was a rush to judgment by too many people burning down buildings. As bad as the courts are, that is the only justice system we have.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:33 PM

1,077 posts, read 653,873 times
Transcript of PC at the link

Baltimore Freddie Gray Charges: Transcript of Marilyn Mosby Statement

Old 05-01-2015, 02:34 PM

13,557 posts, read 7,257,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Yeah, what do those medical examiners know.

Anyways, I'm not sure if there was intent and if that can be proven without a doubt in court, so it'll be interesting how it plays out in court.
Without a REASONABLE doubt - that is the usual standard and is more attainable.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:50 PM

27,496 posts, read 11,561,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Guilt? No. I like Fox. There has been no trial yet; they deserve their day in court. I don't know about other people but I am looking at the future of law abiding people in America and the view is not pretty. Tail seems to be wagging the dog. The biggest problem America has is the crooked court system. Police arrest the criminal; the courts let them out. If the police are guilty, maybe that will work for them too.

I just thought there was a rush to judgment by too many people burning down buildings. As bad as the courts are, that is the only justice system we have.
sure, that's why the US, with 5% of the world's population has 25% of world's prison population, cause the crooked courts let them out

Old 05-01-2015, 03:08 PM

6,474 posts, read 10,081,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Policeman are actually getting charged now with crimes, well wonders never cease.
"Charged" is one thing.

CONVICTION another.

If past historical events are anything to go by, don't hold your breath on anyone going to prison.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:12 PM

6,474 posts, read 10,081,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Ya, he deliberately broke his back lol
And crushed his voicebox.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events