U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2015, 02:13 PM

1,077 posts, read 683,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
"Charged" is one thing.

CONVICTION another.

If past historical events are anything to go by, don't hold your breath on anyone going to prison.
I think the injuries FG sustained are egregious enough to get a conviction.

I think we may even see all separate trials and watch for the ex officers to turn on each other or take a plea deal, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 02:20 PM

36 posts, read 27,939 times
There have been many versions on this story recently. So many people got hurt already. I hope the truth will come out so justice will be served.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:24 PM

6,474 posts, read 10,376,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
I think the injuries FG sustained are egregious enough to get a conviction.

I think we may even see all separate trials and watch for the ex officers to turn on each other or take a plea deal, IMO.
I will say this though, while the unarmed black suspect killings are getting all the attention there is a RISING tide of violence and murder (the "in fear for my life" kind the cop always uses) against other races as well by police all across the country.

The media only sensationalizes the black cases, but cops are going after everyone.

I wonder what NEW types of training the police are getting where they are willing to shoot/maim first, then ask what happened after it's over.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:25 PM

https://twitter.com/search?q=%22Mari...by%22&src=tren

Old 05-01-2015, 02:35 PM

44,398 posts, read 17,725,965 times
^I believe this is the first time that I've seen a Mayor pretty much declare guilt before a trial is even held. Par for the course I guess for someone who allowed the rioters to pillage the city.

Baltimore is indeed headed to the same place as Detroit.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:37 PM

4,925 posts, read 4,892,395 times
Quote:
"Charged" is one thing.

CONVICTION another.

If past historical events are anything to go by, don't hold your breath on anyone going to prison.
This trial will most likely be another Rodney King case which will lead to more Riots in Baltimore, its going to be a big mess.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:41 PM

EXCLUSIVE: Cop charged with murder of Freddie Gray told family he begged arresting officers to restrain dead man, was only following protocol - and now fears his wife and children will be attacked
  • Officer Caesar Goodson was driving police van in which Freddie Gray is alleged to have sustained fatal injuries
  • Family tell Daily Mail Online he is distraught at Gray's death, 'crying uncontrollably' and fears his wife and children will be targeted
  • Goodson, 45, says he followed protocol throughout transporting Gray, who died week after arrested
  • He told them audio recording exists of him begging arresting officers to restrain Gray but they did not belt him in
  • Officer has never fired his weapon in 16 years with force and family believe prosecution is 'political'
By Ben Ashford In Baltimore For Dailymail.com [/SIZE]
Published: 15:16 EST, 1 May 2015 | Updated: 15:21 EST, 1 May 2015 [/SIZE]

The family of the police driver accused of the murder of Freddie Gray say he is haunted
by images of the dying prisoner slumped in the back of his van.3]Officer Caesar Goodson, 45 - who is black - voluntarily surrendered to police at noon today and faces up to 30 years in jail for the charge

A source close to the Goodson family say the 16-year veteran has been plagued by flashbacks and nightmares over the death of Gray who died April 19 from injuries sustained in the back of the paddy wagon driven by Goodson.
They told Daily Mail Online he is distraught with himself for not personally checking the 25-year-old prisoner was strapped in adequately - but does not accept he is criminally responsible.[/SIZE]

Read more: Cop charged with murder of Freddie Gray told family he begged arresting officers to restrain dead man, was only following protocol and now fears his wife and children will be attacked | Daily Mail Online

Quote:
He told them audio recording exists of him
begging arresting officers to restrain Gray but they did not belt him
in[SIZE=5]They told Daily Mail Online he is distraught with himself for not personally checking the 25-year-old prisoner was strapped in adequately - but does not accept he is criminally responsible.[/SIZE]

He had a responsibility, since he is the driver, to make sure FG was placed in his seat belt. He should have gotten out of the drivers seat and made his way to the back of the paddy wagon. Interesting will be the audio recording and if there were responses from his comrades in blue and what was said.

I don't believe his family would be targeted.

I wonder if he will be the first to throw his comrades under the bus.

While I feel bad for this situation, I feel worse that Freddie Gray lost his life in such an horrific way.

There are no winners, justice has to have it's chance to be served.

What the outcome will be, no one can know what a jury will do.

Last edited by Amythyst; 05-01-2015 at 02:43 PM.. Reason: edited out size keeps showing up

Old 05-01-2015, 02:50 PM

30,893 posts, read 13,446,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
EXCLUSIVE: Cop charged with murder of Freddie Gray told family he begged arresting officers to restrain dead man, was only following protocol - and now fears his wife and children will be attacked
  • Officer Caesar Goodson was driving police van in which Freddie Gray is alleged to have sustained fatal injuries
  • Family tell Daily Mail Online he is distraught at Gray's death, 'crying uncontrollably' and fears his wife and children will be targeted
  • Goodson, 45, says he followed protocol throughout transporting Gray, who died week after arrested
  • He told them audio recording exists of him begging arresting officers to restrain Gray but they did not belt him in
  • Officer has never fired his weapon in 16 years with force and family believe prosecution is 'political'
By Ben Ashford In Baltimore For Dailymail.com [/SIZE]
Published: 15:16 EST, 1 May 2015 | Updated: 15:21 EST, 1 May 2015 [/SIZE]

The family of the police driver accused of the murder of Freddie Gray say he is haunted
by images of the dying prisoner slumped in the back of his van.3]Officer Caesar Goodson, 45 - who is black - voluntarily surrendered to police at noon today and faces up to 30 years in jail for the charge

A source close to the Goodson family say the 16-year veteran has been plagued by flashbacks and nightmares over the death of Gray who died April 19 from injuries sustained in the back of the paddy wagon driven by Goodson.
They told Daily Mail Online he is distraught with himself for not personally checking the 25-year-old prisoner was strapped in adequately - but does not accept he is criminally responsible.[/SIZE]

Read more: Cop charged with murder of Freddie Gray told family he begged arresting officers to restrain dead man, was only following protocol and now fears his wife and children will be attacked | Daily Mail Online

He had a responsibility, since he is the driver, to make sure FG was placed in his seat belt. He should have gotten out of the drivers seat and made his way to the back of the paddy wagon. Interesting will be the audio recording and if there were responses from his comrades in blue and what was said.

I don't believe his family would be targeted.

I wonder if he will be the first to throw his comrades under the bus.

While I feel bad for this situation, I feel worse that Freddie Gray lost his life in such an horrific way.

There are no winners, justice has to have it's chance to be served.

What the outcome will be, no one can know what a jury will do.
+1 good post

Old 05-01-2015, 02:58 PM

1,887 posts, read 1,785,954 times
Justice will prevail in this case, i firmly believe that. Even though Mr. Gray was no saint has no bearing on the matter.

While there are many good cops, there are the few who don't play by the rules and if u did the crime u will pay your time.

Although i have ZERO respect for the Mayor who is now ducking for cover. She's in way over her head at this point and hopefully will not see another term in office.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:05 PM

7,142 posts, read 8,845,204 times
Quote:
And crushed his voicebox.
The worst part is that they will have no problem finding 12 racist police apologists jurors, who will buy that preposterous story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events