U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 09:12 AM

6,474 posts, read 10,381,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
Maryland State's Attorney: Gray's death was a homicide.

All 6 officers will be charged in Freddie Gray's death.

Arrest was illegal (per State's attorney).

Charges will include 2nd degree murder, manslaughter, assault, negligence.

Does anyone on here REALLY expect these cops to be convicted of anything?

Seriously??

I'm sorry, but I was jaded after the Eric Garner incident where his murder was documented for everyone to see. Even had Fox News like "What?" when the verdict was heard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

7,328 posts, read 3,999,259 times
"no crime had been committed by Mr. Gray." Police had said Gray was arrested for possessing a switchblade, but Mosby (state's attorney) said Friday the knife in Gray's possession was not a switchblade and was lawful.

44,474 posts, read 17,754,807 times
I don't see how she had any choice. Imagine the falderal if no charges had been brought.

On the other hand, as pointed out above, the defendants are entitled to a trial before guilt is determined.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Overcharged in my non attorney opinion. Probably just the usual "shotgun" approach to see what sticks at trial and/or appeasement of the mobs.
Don't worry. They're not going to jail for anything.

This is just for show.

12 year old Tamir Rice's killing is STILL being "investigated" as well.

625 posts, read 469,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
"no crime had been committed by Mr. Gray." Police had said Gray was arrested for possessing a switchblade, but Mosby (state's attorney) said Friday the knife in Gray's possession was not a switchblade and was lawful.
Yes, so he was arrested for "making eye contact" apparently. Good enough reason to be roughed up, thrown in the back of a wagon, end up with a severed spine & die. Just another day in Charm City for a no good skell.

22,952 posts, read 22,476,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheOrangeCat View Post
Facts that have come out so far are pretty bad for police.
No argument, certainly guilty of violation of procedures and negligent actions but murder 2? Not from my reading of the law in Maryland.
Reckless homicide? Sure. False arrest? Maybe. Failure to render aid? Ok but Murder?

Second degree murder, covered under Maryland Criminal Code 2-204, makes it illegal to commit any murder, even if it was not premeditated, willful, or deliberate. The distinction between second degree murder and manslaughter is in the intent. Therefore, a second degree murder must be intentional. For example, accusations made by the State that a defendant murdered another person in a fit of unplanned rage would likely result in second degree murder charges. Its important to note that the murder of a police officer can be charged as first degree murder, even if the homicide is not premeditated.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:15 AM

5,433 posts, read 3,491,553 times
Of course homicide!

Those cops will be charged?! Hell yes!!

Old 05-01-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Baltimore PD has been lying about everything. I just don't get it. Why?

I dare you to find anyone who is not a boy scout or survivalist carrying a switchblade today.

This isn't the 70s or 80s. Criminals have real guns. If they did have a switchblade, it's probably to cut a rope to tie someone up.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:17 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,476,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Of course homicide!

Those cops will be charged?! Hell yes!!
But will they all stick? Doubtfull.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:19 AM

7,328 posts, read 3,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I don't see how she had any choice.
I think that it was you that argued on another thread about people not believing anything that was contrary to their political agenda. Perhaps you should read your own posts and take a moment or two for some serious self-reflection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events