U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2015, 03:04 PM

5,805 posts, read 2,166,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by debold4215 View Post
I would not call it a homicide. Sounds like somebody is showboating. Illegal arrest ? I still don't know what the probable cause was.
Maybe reviewing States Attourny 's statement might help you sort that question out..~ I will snip out for yo the probable cause for Illegal Arrest..The rest you can read up the entire transcript..

Baltimore Freddie Gray Charges: Transcript of Marilyn Mosby Statement

Snip~~
initial contact with bike officers ( names listed)

On April, 12 2015 between 8:45 and 9:15 a.m., near the corner of North Avenue and Mount Street. Lt. Rice of the Baltimore Police Department while on bike patrol with Officer Garrett Miller and Edward Nero made eye contact with Freddie Carlos Gray Jr.

Having made eye contact with Mr. Gray, Mr. Gray subsequently ran from Lt. Rice. Lt. Rice then dispatched over departmental radio that he was involved in a foot pursuit at which time bike patrol officers and Nero began to pursue Mr. Gray. Having come in contact with pursuing officers, Mr. Gray surrendered to Officers Miller and Nero in the vicinity in the 1700 block of Presbury Street.

Lt. Rice, Officer Miller and Officer Nero failed to establish probable cause for Mr. Gray’s arrest as no crime had been committed by Mr. Gray. Accordingly Lt. Rice Officer MIller and Office Nero illegally arrested Mr. Gray.
position and substantially found a knife clipped to the inside of his pants pocket. The blade of the knife was folded into the handle. The knife was not a switchblade and is lawful under Maryland law. These officers then removed the knife and placed it on the sidewalk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 03:07 PM

1,077 posts, read 651,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Maybe reviewing States Attourny 's statement might help you sort that question out..~ I will snip out for yo the probable cause for Illegal Arrest..The rest you can read up the entire transcript..

Baltimore Freddie Gray Charges: Transcript of Marilyn Mosby Statement

Snip~~
initial contact with bike officers ( names listed)

On April, 12 2015 between 8:45 and 9:15 a.m., near the corner of North Avenue and Mount Street. Lt. Rice of the Baltimore Police Department while on bike patrol with Officer Garrett Miller and Edward Nero made eye contact with Freddie Carlos Gray Jr.

Having made eye contact with Mr. Gray, Mr. Gray subsequently ran from Lt. Rice. Lt. Rice then dispatched over departmental radio that he was involved in a foot pursuit at which time bike patrol officers and Nero began to pursue Mr. Gray. Having come in contact with pursuing officers, Mr. Gray surrendered to Officers Miller and Nero in the vicinity in the 1700 block of Presbury Street.

Lt. Rice, Officer Miller and Officer Nero failed to establish probable cause for Mr. Gray’s arrest as no crime had been committed by Mr. Gray. Accordingly Lt. Rice Officer MIller and Office Nero illegally arrested Mr. Gray.
position and substantially found a knife clipped to the inside of his pants pocket. The blade of the knife was folded into the handle. The knife was not a switchblade and is lawful under Maryland law. These officers then removed the knife and placed it on the sidewalk.
hi Lyndarn, I posted the charging document one of the officers wrote up against FG.

Seems to me the Xofficer committed fraud by lying about the knife. He wrote it up as, carry, possess and sell a switchblade.

It's on the previous page.

Old 05-02-2015, 03:09 PM

38,597 posts, read 15,466,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Another waldopinion /sigh. In the first place since at the very, very, least they violated several department rules in this incident, I would expect they broke enough rules to be terminated without a conviction. Throw them under the bus? Oh my Waldo...do you really think that cops should be able to walk away from this scott free after a 25 year old man in their custody is ok before he is arrested (on a trumped up charge) and on life support an hour later? REALLY Waldo..do you really think that's right? Please enlighten me on why Police Officers should have a free pass for behavior that would cause anyone else to do prison time, and a lot of it?
For some who makes claim they don't want to fight and even go as far as request truce, you are quite nasty with your responses. If you wish to have a dialog with me then do it in a civil manner please. If you disagree with my opinion it suffices to just say so. I don't mind. No need for the vitriol.

Old 05-02-2015, 03:11 PM

5,805 posts, read 2,166,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
hi Lyndarn, I posted the charging document one of the officers wrote up against FG.

Seems to me the Xofficer committed fraud by lying about the knife. He wrote it up as, carry, possess and sell a switchblade.

It's on the previous page.
I know, I read it many times and watched it many times as well..However, many post all sorts of mis-information or ask questions and it's apparent those folks need to be given the links in response ...Think I've posted it already numerous time to correct some of the queries by folks who obviously aren't UTD on the facts we know at this time....

Good to see you Amythyst

Old 05-02-2015, 03:17 PM

27,402 posts, read 11,471,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
For some who makes claim they don't want to fight and even go as far as request truce, you are quite nasty with your responses. If you wish to have a dialog with me then do it in a civil manner please. If you disagree with my opinion it suffices to just say so. I don't mind. No need for the vitriol.
please answer my question, or can't you?

Old 05-02-2015, 03:40 PM

9,610 posts, read 17,749,478 times
Lets hope the cops are prosecuted. If they are found not guilty I bet violence erupts big time in Baltimore.

Old 05-02-2015, 04:11 PM

163 posts, read 87,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
If she didn't do something to them, then the city would continue to burn.
With all those military police, would it even be possible for the rioting to occur? People more or less get off the streets at 10 because of their presence. If not, they're getting arrested.
Quote:
Again, what happened to Gray, Garner and Brown are not just black issues. The police are using brute force with everyone deemed a threat, disobeys or questions their authority.
So true, and so sad. They're not all bad, but with their new tactics in place (you mentioned that, which was a very good point), even the good police may be forced to go bad.
Quote:
I'm sure there have been whites brutalized by the police, but it's not sensational enough for the media.
Yep, there are some articles about this subject. So do you think whites are equally harassed as blacks? Young people get harrassed too.

Last edited by calculator; 05-02-2015 at 04:38 PM..

Old 05-02-2015, 04:22 PM

163 posts, read 87,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
How come the same city government released over a hundred suspects the other day without charging them?
Sounds like a lot of paperwork.

Old 05-02-2015, 04:37 PM

38,597 posts, read 15,466,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
please answer my question, or can't you?
Another waldopinion /sigh. In the first place since at the very, very, least they violated several department rules in this incident, I would expect they broke enough rules to be terminated without a conviction. Throw them under the bus? Oh my Waldo...do you really think that cops should be able to walk away from this scott free after a 25 year old man in their custody is ok before he is arrested (on a trumped up charge) and on life support an hour later? REALLY Waldo..do you really think that's right? Please enlighten me on why Police Officers should have a free pass for behavior that would cause anyone else to do prison time, and a lot of it?
I see numerous question marks. I'll do my best.
  1. Yes - Throw them under bus
  2. Yes - If found innocent of accusations
  3. Yes - think it is right. Else no need for courts
  4. Nobody should get a free pass to criminal behavior. Question is non sequitur if in response to what I've posted here.

Old 05-02-2015, 04:44 PM

7,198 posts, read 7,549,064 times
I suspect that now that some of the cops were black, most people are going to quit backing the Cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events