Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 10:33 AM

42,743 posts, read 25,909,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I don't see how she had any choice. Imagine the falderal if no charges had been brought.

On the other hand, as pointed out above, the defendants are entitled to a trial before guilt is determined.
Prosecutors do not file criminal charges to avoid 'falderal'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 10:34 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,454,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Don't worry. They're not going to jail for anything.

This is just for show.
Two days ago you were bellyaching that nobody would be charged and that the investigation would go nowhere.

So far, justice has prevailed and these officers will be charged. This is a good thing!

And yet now you're bellyaching that none of them will see jail.

That enormous chip on your shoulder seems to make it impossible for you to demonstrate any patience or faith. I suspect you are simply wired to seek out the worst-case scenario and fixate solely upon it. How sad it must be to live in such a dark and negative world, marilyn.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:36 AM

42,743 posts, read 25,909,163 times
Quote:
Not me who is saying it Mr. Wino. I stand by what I said. She has no real choice.

Baltimore's Prosecutor Revealed: How State's Attorney who will decide on Freddie Gray death charges took campaign cash from dead man's family lawyer - and now civil rights defender is 'running interference

I think it will be fascinating to watch how this turns out.
and both of her parents and all of her uncles are/were Police Officers and she is going to charge 6 cops because an attorney contributed to her campaign? oh yeah..sure that happens every day... But you will vote for Political candidates who get their pockets stuffed by the likes of the Koch Brothers

Old 05-01-2015, 10:36 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,393,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Prosecutors do not file criminal charges to avoid 'falderal'
George Zimmerman proves that wrong.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:37 AM

1,077 posts, read 865,034 times
Quote:
wrong. The charge was 2nd degree murder with an enhancement "second-degree depraved heart murder"

In Robinson v State, Justice Adkins of the Court of Appeals of Maryland relied on this extract of extant jurisprudence:

"Depraved heart murder is the form of murder that establishes that the willful doing of a dangerous and reckless act with wanton indifference to the consequences and perils involved, is just as blameworthy, and just as worthy of punishment, when the harmful result ensues, as is the express intent to kill itself. This highly blameworthy state of mind is not one of mere negligence. It is not merely one even of gross criminal negligence. It involves rather the deliberate perpetration of a knowingly dangerous act with reckless and wanton unconcern and indifference as to whether anyone is harmed or not. The common law treats such a state of mind as just as blameworthy, just as anti-social and, therefore, just as truly murderous as the specific intents to kill and to harm."

I don't believe I was totally wrong..see the first paragraph. I just didn't post the entire article.

Quote:
Depraved heart murder is very closely related to involuntary manslaughter,
but the important distinction that criminal law makes is how severe the
disregard of other people is. Manslaughter occurs when there is general
negligence to recognize the potential actions of the individual have to result
in the harm of another person.

snipped paragraph

Second degree murder characterized by depraved indifference is when a
person ignores the probability that death will occur as a result of their
actions. Second degree murder by reason of depraved indifference is generally
committed by individuals with sociopathic and narcissistic tendencies who see
the rights and status of other people as inferior to the killer's own
existence.

Depraved Heart Murder - criminal | Laws.com

Old 05-01-2015, 10:38 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,393,221 times
Quote:
and both of her parents and all of her uncles are/were Police Officers and she is going to charge 6 cops because an attorney contributed to her campaign? oh yeah..sure that happens every day... But you will vote for Political candidates who get their pockets stuffed by the likes of the Koch Brothers
You should ask her this question if you really want to know. If instead the point of the fallacious questions is to discredit something that you don't like, then haven't accomplished anything.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:39 AM

1,077 posts, read 865,034 times

Old 05-01-2015, 10:40 AM

7,572 posts, read 5,284,514 times
Quote:
George Zimmerman proves that wrong.
Funny... as I recall Zimmerman's attorney filed numerous motions to have the trial dismissed but the judge declined to do so. If the prosecution did not have probable cause or sufficient evidence to pursue prosecution the judge, not concerned with falderal, would have easily dismissed the case.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:40 AM

15,972 posts, read 9,336,447 times
Quote:
But you will vote for Political candidates who get their pockets stuffed by the likes of the Koch Brothers
Huh??

Old 05-01-2015, 10:46 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,421,429 times
Are they ruling it a homicide in order to spare our cities from mob wrath? Hmmm.
History repeats itself. The angry crowd once cheered for the release of Barrabas, a murderer, and called for the crucifixion of Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events